More socket choices ideas | The Legend of Mir

More socket choices ideas

Alsiral

Contributor
So if you look at all the top players kit the socket choices items are all pretty similar. All +dc / sc / mc physical attack etc.. and +mp / hp.

There are so many other options out there that people simply not use on high end kit as the benefit is too small.

My suggestion would be to allow the marbles / socket stones to be upgradeable. Critical hit + 4 may not float every ones boat as a socket but if it was +8 would it? Reflect damage avoid target def, magic attack defence and so on, not great at +1 but what if you could build them to +2 / +3.

Now I know people would moan that they had spent all their time building kit but are there that many people in end game kit atm? And even if you are I’m sure it wouldn’t be that hard to get a new item and socket it up!

I can’t see harm in giving people choice :)

Interesting idea, I like where this is going. But would need some very careful consideration to ensure balance doesn't get messed up like it did with PDR

Interesting idea, I like where this is going. But would need some very careful consideration to ensure balance doesn't get messed up like it did with PDR

Your implying what we have now is balance :p

In my opinion a server that relies on revival rings isn't balanced from the get go lol, p69 had the same issue, health pools too small damage too high.

I agree 100% with OP though, more ways to build kits, even though I play Tao i think wars suffer the most from this.

The thing is, as always, everyone resorts to max dmg.
To make others more attractive you need to make them significantly more worthwhile, and then there would need to be more limitation on sockets, ie certain sockets going in certain places, not using the same one twice. Ultimately restricting your choices.

Look at PDR sockets, been in-game how many years but only just been utilised. And then come the complaints.

The thing is, as always, everyone resorts to max dmg.
To make others more attractive you need to make them significantly more worthwhile, and then there would need to be more limitation on sockets, ie certain sockets going in certain places, not using the same one twice. Ultimately restricting your choices.

Look at PDR sockets, been in-game how many years but only just been utilised. And then come the complaints.

What if just slight changes made? Would there be massive imbalance if the 0.5 marbles (that u can’t currently upgrade) could be made to damaged runes @ 0.8 and then full runes 1%?

Which ones are you referring to?

Off the top of my head: reflect damage and ignore target defence. They are the ones I would suggest 0.8 and 1% upgrades.

Crit hit current max is 4. DonÂ’t know how much you would have to add to make people think twice about adding one in favour of a elemental type stone which gives you 2%

Off the top of my head: reflect damage and ignore target defence. They are the ones I would suggest 0.8 and 1% upgrades.

Crit hit current max is 4. DonÂ’t know how much you would have to add to make people think twice about adding one in favour of a elemental type stone which gives you 2%

Apologies for nit-picking, but you originally was talking about end-game items, well at end-game you don't need to have even a +8% Crit hit marble because DrakeNecklace has got +45% crit as standard, and 55% crit hit is not too difficult to achieve on most weapons with a little bene farming.. so is there really a need for Crit hit marbles to be in the game at all is what I would be asking, as the neckys have already made them redundant before they're even relevant.

Reflect damage can be made really nice, there was a chick with a char named ideA and she had a brilliant reflect kit even with the 0.5% marbles, like the PDR stones when used on the items already with the stat these are really effective.

Not sure how I feel on ignore target defence... I agree with gm that majority of people will always prioritise damage no matter what happens.

Last edited:
Apologies for nit-picking, but you originally was talking about end-game items, well at end-game you don't need to have even a +8% Crit hit marble because DrakeNecklace has got +45% crit as standard, and 55% crit hit is not too difficult to achieve on most weapons with a little bene farming.. so is there really a need for Crit hit marbles to be in the game at all is what I would be asking, as the neckys have already made them redundant before they're even relevant.

Reflect damage can be made really nice, there was a chick with a char named ideA and she had a brilliant reflect kit even with the 0.5% marbles, like the PDR stones when used on the items already with the stat these are really effective.

Not sure how I feel on ignore target defence... I agree with gm that majority of people will always prioritise damage no matter what happens.

Was just using end games items and high lvl players kits to make a point, they all have very similar added sockets too them. I believe this is down to no viable alternatives that would attract people away from going max damage. I could be massively way off with how it all works though lol. Was just an idea :joyous:

Back