Mob lvl and gold find/item drops | The Legend of Mir

Mob lvl and gold find/item drops

Darkstyle12

I wanted to talk about this and how it affects high lvl players. I’m lvl 159 now and I feel completely funnelled into hunting crystal cave, desert city and tomb of the dead. That’s three places I can’t hunt and find a little bit of gold, very few high lvl items maybe 1-2 a day and gain exp. This is lovely nothing wrong with this. But let’s say I want to go farm a low lvl cave just like I did on euro for rare noob items like luck added lantern neckys in bug cave. That can’t be done here. From what I can gather once u out lvl the mobs of a certain cave they no longer drop gold or items even tho the exp has also dropped my 90%.

Am I right in thinking that when u out lvl mobs they not only get a nerf to exp but also the amount of gold and items they drop.

If I go to naga ruins or the mountain or jungle on my warr lvl 159 2 hours il get about 1mill gold tiny exp and maybe 1 low lvl item if I’m lucky.

If I go on a 145 wizz il make at least 10mill gold and find a good 5/6 items sometimes more.

Part of the nostalgia of mir2 is hunting low lvl caves for rares. You can no longer lvl in these places because of low exp but Can still explore there for gold and low lvl item drops.

I’m not talking about bosses either because they are much higher lvl so it doesn’t matter. I’m talking about the normal mobs, blues and reds.

I wanted to talk about this and how it affects high lvl players. I’m lvl 159 now and I feel completely funnelled into hunting crystal cave, desert city and tomb of the dead. That’s three places I can’t hunt and find a little bit of gold, very few high lvl items maybe 1-2 a day and gain exp. This is lovely nothing wrong with this. But let’s say I want to go farm a low lvl cave just like I did on euro for rare noob items like luck added lantern neckys in bug cave. That can’t be done here. From what I can gather once u out lvl the mobs of a certain cave they no longer drop gold or items even tho the exp has also dropped my 90%.

Am I right in thinking that when u out lvl mobs they not only get a nerf to exp but also the amount of gold and items they drop.

If I go to naga ruins or the mountain or jungle on my warr lvl 159 2 hours il get about 1mill gold tiny exp and maybe 1 low lvl item if I’m lucky.

If I go on a 145 wizz il make at least 10mill gold and find a good 5/6 items sometimes more.

Part of the nostalgia of mir2 is hunting low lvl caves for rares. You can no longer lvl in these places because of low exp but Can still explore there for gold and low lvl item drops.

I’m not talking about bosses either because they are much higher lvl so it doesn’t matter. I’m talking about the normal mobs, blues and reds.

Scorp or warda can correct me but the formula for killing mobs basically checks the players level who killed it then gives a reduced rate of gold and exp if your higher level than the mob i dont think he coded it to affect the items dropped so would say your comparison with your wiz on items may just have been bad luck when using your warrior.

I can see why this is done as yes farming low levels area would be nice for a change of scenery but its open to allowing easy exp making and easy gold making for high levels.

Difficult one to tackle really as the coding can only do so much.

My only true feeling is that the gold reduction applied when your higher level than the mob seems a bit ott in some areas etc.

I think another reason is so the up and coming players have mobs to kill, if all high levels went on a gold hunting trip to jungle, ruins or mines on a regular basis then the newer players will be at a disadvantage. There is plenty you can do to get gold; gold find pot, gold find helmet, gold find guild perk, along with killing RD/Rhaez which both bosses drop gold bars.

There's various benefits afforded to players hunting in areas appropriate to their level. There's nothing specifically taken away, although base gold gained from monsters is proportional to exp gained. This all helps encourage new players to work through dungeons and experience the whole game rather than jump to high level regions and skip everything

There's various benefits afforded to players hunting in areas appropriate to their level. There's nothing specifically taken away, although base gold gained from monsters is proportional to exp gained. This all helps encourage new players to work through dungeons and experience the whole game rather than jump to high level regions and skip everything

I understand this and I like the mechanic but it sort of rewards new players but not old ones. It stops low lvls going straight to high lvl places but prevents high lvls coming back. Can I ask if drops are proportioned with exp gained like gold?? Because since being 154+ it’s next to impossible for me to go and find lvl 130+ kits. I’m using magic find pots, drop pots and hunting these places for hours and not finding anything at all. When I was lower lvl I would find tons of items every hunt. Now I bought lvl 130 rings from gg shop and it’s impossible for me to gather materials to begin upgrading them.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m now borrowing a lvl 140 char to go hunt items for my 160kit. I don’t wana do that I wana do it on my main character

I understand this and I like the mechanic but it sort of rewards new players but not old ones. It stops low lvls going straight to high lvl places but prevents high lvls coming back. Can I ask if drops are proportioned with exp gained like gold?? Because since being 154+ it’s next to impossible for me to go and find lvl 130+ kits. I’m using magic find pots, drop pots and hunting these places for hours and not finding anything at all. When I was lower lvl I would find tons of items every hunt. Now I bought lvl 130 rings from gg shop and it’s impossible for me to gather materials to begin upgrading them.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m now borrowing a lvl 140 char to go hunt items for my 160kit. I don’t wana do that I wana do it on my main character

I must admit I have felt the same, I don't get a lot of stuff like I used to. I just assumed it was because I was being a lazy bitch, but maybe this is related too :)

What class is the lvl 140 chars ?
If you prefer warrior then I have a 141 that you could take down mountain , I'm sure by time your lvl 145 on it you'll have loads of items lol

Worth a try eh a hate lvling war lol

I didn't realise the mechanism was like this but makes more sense now how when I play war I get loads of random stuff , but when I'm on wiz it's a miracle if I get anything other than gems lol

What class is the lvl 140 chars ?
If you prefer warrior then I have a 141 that you could take down mountain , I'm sure by time your lvl 145 on it you'll have loads of items lol

Worth a try eh a hate lvling war lol

I didn't realise the mechanism was like this but makes more sense now how when I play war I get loads of random stuff , but when I'm on wiz it's a miracle if I get anything other than gems lol

Defo mate will pm u tonight.
Glad I’m not the only one who’s noticed this.

Well for my two penny worth this is dreadful.
I hunt on the island and am level 154 and drops are zero. Barely one gem a day and certainly no items. Most blues drop half what they would have a few months ago and reds never drop items rarely gems.
I struggle to kill mobs in crystal cave, way too hard.
I see no reason and certainly never seen this mathmatics in other versions of Mir.
As if that many high level players will be in low level caves taking away from lower level players....... other way round low levels are going in higher places purely to kill reds and blues making it more difficult for high levels to find them.
people are nopt killing most of the mobs on maps so less and less reds and blues even spawn.
It seems that since the last event and update items have been greatly reduced anyway.

Am I right in what I’m saying about drops then because almost everyone is agreeing with me. It makes being 160+ completely pointless if u play to get drops. Nothing is gonna drop unless it’s higher lvl than me!!! Can a gm pls reply in regard of the item drops being related to exp gained?

Sucks so badly!

Am I right in what I’m saying about drops then because almost everyone is agreeing with me. It makes being 160+ completely pointless if u play to get drops. Nothing is gonna drop unless it’s higher lvl than me!!! Can a gm pls reply in regard of the item drops being related to exp gained?

Sucks so badly!
He's only said the gold/exp is proportional not said item drops are altered depending on your level. Hence if you go to border village and kill some noobs mobs you'll still get the crap dropped etc

There's nothing that reduces drops by level. The comparison to Exp and Gold was a statement simply to say that because you are gaining little exp, you will be default gain little Gold

Back