Mir Myth Busters! | The Legend of Mir

Mir Myth Busters!

Alsiral

Contributor
So got a couple of queries around things I have heard about but never had confirmed.

PETS:

Do Pets effect drops if they get the kill?

Do pets in effect have a drop rate of 0 and don't benefit from any boosts the owner my have from items or pots?

That's all I have for now but if you have any Mir Myths you want busting or answers to then post them here and lets see if the community can answer them.

I'm sure Scorp has stated that when a pet gets the kill it is attributed to the owner and all associated bonuses still apply as if the owner killed it.

There was a bug for some time that caused certain events (spawns) to not happen because of pet kills on trigger mobs, this was unrelated, but of course assumptions will be made!

What I find a tad frustrating with Taos is that we need to @slaughter our pets near the end of a few bosses to ensure we get kills.
I've lost a few bosses to my pets dieing just before boss dies

What I find a tad frustrating with Taos is that we need to @slaughter our pets near the end of a few bosses to ensure we get kills.
I've lost a few bosses to my pets dieing just before boss dies

this is what im trying to get to the bottom of. if what Zade says is true, then it should make no dif if your pets get the kill or if you do. I saw a noticeable difference on ROTA when my pets got the kill vs me getting the kill with pots on.

I really don't think this is true tbh. I've hunted with darkstyle quite a bit who has an insane drop rate. When a pet gets the kill the drop is almost 0. Every time he kills a boss it's 4x better lol.

I really don't think this is true tbh. I've hunted with darkstyle quite a bit who has an insane drop rate. When a pet gets the kill the drop is almost 0. Every time he kills a boss it's 4x better lol.

This is what i think as well. However , going to Zade's point, i also thought it had been mentioned by GM team b4 that it wasnt the case

This is what i think as well. However , going to Zade's point, i also thought it had been mentioned by GM team b4 that it wasnt the case

When I had a drop rate pot on in event with the Santa hat . With the extra bonus from the metre . I noticed the drops to be better than when my tiger was killing champs etc . However could all be a coincidence

Mobs don't trigger drop files, only players - look at Guard and Confusion kills. If the drop wasn't attributed to a player then there would be no drop whatsoever. I don't see how that is possible unless a confusion mob owns the kill

Mobs don't trigger drop files, only players - look at Guard and Confusion kills. If the drop wasn't attributed to a player then there would be no drop whatsoever. I don't see how that is possible unless a confusion mob owns the kill

No one is contesting if pets get drop as we all know they do. The main thing is does server drop rate and personal drop rate effect pet kills? As it stands pet seems to get base drop rate no matter what.

Killing a boss next a wall or on a messy map will reduce chances of a rare? good example is mountain as the screen usually fills up with trash items very fast.

Not sure if its a thing but I always kill in a clear area just incase

Killing a boss next a wall or on a messy map will reduce chances of a rare? good example is mountain as the screen usually fills up with trash items very fast.

makes no difference, if a mob is set to drop 6 items it will drop regardless where u kill it.

That definitely is an old myth. Items will stack outside typical drop zone mount just usually drops shit lol.

are we certain? I only ask as I lured a large amount of mobs to a corner in naga gp earlier was 3 blues and a red in it and I was almost on full meter, killed the champ last and it dropped just 2 pots, there wasn't much floor space left but nothing had double stacked yet.

When a arcamon kills mobs it lvls up and goes blue. If I hit all the mobs first the pet never lvls. That means somewhere along the line the pet is getting some kind of tag. Im a firm believer that arcamon spoil player drop buffs if the arcamon has the tag on the boss. I always always kill my pets before I kill a boss now. You can also test this by maxing all ur drop buffs and killing a few lures on ur own and look at the amount of flowers and stat pots on the floor. Then spawn a yim pet and let it psn the mobs and then u kill it I garuntee that second pile will be way smaller.

Last edited:
Your body drop depends on your body karma if you been pkn and you die very hi chance of you dropping from
Body vs if you have been leveling and kiling bosses your body karma be high and chance of dropping is low.

Also dropping essence and designs on floor reduces its quality when upgrading.

When opening a uni by casting a spell which uses certain element mite help in getting that element on the uni item.

Am full of MIR myths and I happen to follow it too it mentally fyks u.

Your body drop depends on your body karma if you been pkn and you die very hi chance of you dropping from
Body vs if you have been leveling and kiling bosses your body karma be high and chance of dropping is low.

Also dropping essence and designs on floor reduces its quality when upgrading.

When opening a uni by casting a spell which uses certain element mite help in getting that element on the uni item.

Am full of MIR myths and I happen to follow it too it mentally fyks u.

Also you proc crit strike more often if you take your socks off IRL, I tested this and it's true

Last day in present caves I felt like if pets got kill from a normal Svaltus Brute i got no UI's but when i rested the pets at 40K HP I would get at least one

O PK Points
Drop Pot
Santa Hat and Treasure Stone Equipped

does breaking an item before upgrading it help

breaking an item? Do you mean "re setting" it? as in wiping added stats and then trying again?

Personally I don't bother with the reset as am of the belief that upgrades work off a "base item" and then have additional stats afterwards. A bit like exp items, the lvl requirement shouldn't be taken into consideration when upgrading. Its the opposite way round for weps with quests. the added stats stay and the base upgrades.

I could very very wrong by the way but just sharing what i think lol

I re-set all my crafts. The few times I've tried without ended shit. Could be coincidence tho

Back