Mining | The Legend of Mir

Mining

Deemer

Newby
What's happened to mining on this game? Seems such a great and fun mechanic that was different to the constant grind has now somehow been lost.

Am I missing something or does it seem to have been written off as a useless element of Arcadia?

Scorpion considers it non-gameplay, nobody actually does it while at their computer, it just encourages people to go afk more and doesn't really add anything to the server, he has stated that he wants people to be engaged in the game so he isn't really interested in encouraging mining. It's still possible but the amount of gold you can generate is so tiny it's really not worth it for anyone.

I guess the equivalent of mining in modern Arcadia would be hunting really easy places and collecting up all the foods and flowers that drop and selling them to shop npc

Scorpion considers it non-gameplay, nobody actually does it while at their computer, it just encourages people to go afk more and doesn't really add anything to the server, he has stated that he wants people to be engaged in the game so he isn't really interested in encouraging mining. It's still possible but the amount of gold you can generate is so tiny it's really not worth it for anyone.

I guess the equivalent of mining in modern Arcadia would be hunting really easy places and collecting up all the foods and flowers that drop and selling them to shop npc

It's a shame.. as some people like to have a rest from the kill grind and do something else to break up the repetition.

Bringing balance is what helps retain players leaving out of boredom.

Quests
Crafting
Killing
Upgrading

Building variety as not every player finds enjoyment just by farming mobs over and over.

It's a shame.. as some people like to have a rest from the kill grind and do something else to break up the repetition.

Bringing balance is what helps retain players leaving out of boredom.

Quests
Crafting
Killing
Upgrading

Building variety as not every player finds enjoyment just by farming mobs over and over.

There's more caves than ever, more quests than ever, more upgrade options than ever, the game has expanded with variety so much recently. If you get bored of repetitive things I'm not convinced mining will spark up your enthusiasm for long

What's happened to mining on this game? Seems such a great and fun mechanic that was different to the constant grind has now somehow been lost.

Am I missing something or does it seem to have been written off as a useless element of Arcadia?

I agree. Mining is part of the legend of Mir 2. I miss it. I’d like to see runes mineable. Only 0.3s but that would be awesome. Could have mining rocks that spawn like cronicles which make bot mining impossible. Put fast mob rs to stop afkers. Good idea tho I miss mining. 0.3s grinding oils and orbs wud be nice :)

I agree. Mining is part of the legend of Mir 2. I miss it. I’d like to see runes mineable. Only 0.3s but that would be awesome. Could have mining rocks that spawn like cronicles which make bot mining impossible. Put fast mob rs to stop afkers. Good idea tho I miss mining. 0.3s grinding oils and orbs wud be nice :)

If you miss mining I suggest you go buy a pick axe tele to death valley or mines of moria and go fill ye boots pal

Want some food with that salt ?

Salt lol? What u talking about? I assume that’s some kind of online gaming geekoid comment. U are a propa mug. U remind me of a taxman or police officer. Worst of the worst kind of person to walk the earth. In fact you remind me of a woman. U argue like a woman lol.

Salt lol? What u talking about? I assume that’s some kind of online gaming geekoid comment. U are a propa mug. U remind me of a taxman or police officer. Worst of the worst kind of person to walk the earth. In fact you remind me of a woman. U argue like a woman lol.

Mate a love ya but get off the party powder lol what is even going on here

Haha keep shifting those 10 bits of weed if that's what makes you feel less of a geek than I am.
Then when you've finished doing that dont forget to log back into your level 173 warrior!

Mining as it was, was too automated for us to allow it to be useful. You'd simply get people with 10 accounts alt tabbing, or worse someone with a bot.

Sure alternatives could exist, but that would just be something like a DevilNode or an Urn.

Any ideas are welcome, a GamePoint mine for example where you pay for access and need to be more actively involved.

Mining as it was, was too automated for us to allow it to be useful. You'd simply get people with 10 accounts alt tabbing, or worse someone with a bot.

Sure alternatives could exist, but that would just be something like a DevilNode or an Urn.

Any ideas are welcome, a GamePoint mine for example where you pay for access and need to be more actively involved.

Maybe due to the discovery of a fault line, the mines have become unstable, causing random earthquakes, between 5 and 60 minutes apart, causing instant death of everyone in the cave (no player drops), but a side effect of discovering the fault line is that new and valuable minerals have been discovered.

In practical terms, this would make it not worthwhile for anyone to set up a load of AFK characters, as there's a high chance within a few minutes they'll all be dead and need set up again, and every time there's an earthquake, the points where you can obtain the new valuable minerals move about and you have to go find them, keeping people moving

Maybe due to the discovery of a fault line, the mines have become unstable, causing random earthquakes, between 5 and 60 minutes apart, causing instant death of everyone in the cave (no player drops), but a side effect of discovering the fault line is that new and valuable minerals have been discovered.

In practical terms, this would make it not worthwhile for anyone to set up a load of AFK characters, as there's a high chance within a few minutes they'll all be dead and need set up again, and every time there's an earthquake, the points where you can obtain the new valuable minerals move about and you have to go find them, keeping people moving

What about huge cave trolls that spawn in random locations.. that smack yo assss! or heavily mob areas where the good stuff is.

If you dig too deep, mofo'ing balrog will bite yo ass.

Have different roses on different lvls, no tele or rts. Lots of mobs around. Basically your only choice is to do a longish run, once you get there u can’t afk due to mobs. You then have the chance to fill bag up with ore that retails nice and also a chance of gems and runes. Lastly once you enter room you only have set amount of time to fill bag (to stop a bag full of runes)

I do like the idea of mobs restricting stuff, but you know what it's like, people will find a way to make themselves be able to last for ages against the mobs and it'll just give the higher levels an even bigger advantage

Back