Maximum guild seats | The Legend of Mir

Maximum guild seats

zad48231

Leading Contributor
Are there any plans to increase the number of seats possible for a guild?

We are at 30/30 and there's always active people trying to join and we have to turn them away. There are plenty people who play the game only occasionally (log in 1 or 2 times a week) who feel like part of the guild, are very good friends and chat in whatsapp and discord groups, but contribute less to the guild, and I feel pressure to remove them from the guild to make way for more active players. But that then in turn puts pressure on people to play and contribute more than they are comfortable with, and I'm really keen to encourage people to have fun and not feel forced into anything or fear being removed from the guild where their friends are.

I've tried other things, such as suggesting people join allied guilds, and I even created 2 other guilds myself and allied them to use as a sort of "waiting list", these guilds filled up during lock down but players in them reported feeling like they weren't part of the team, and I couldn't disagree with them.

Ally chat seems simple enough to me but not enough people use it, and I think a lot simply don't understand it and find it inconvenient. I even created a guild with only 3 letters in the name to make ally chat easier, but it's still not really used much.

I understand the reasons for guild sizes to be limited, but understanding that doesn't make it less frustrating and I'm not sure what the solution is.

One idea that I actually just thought of while proof-reading this just before I hit submit, is that guild members could (by leader, or by themselves) be downgraded to some special rank "spiritu" that means they don't benefit from guild shields but also don't count towards member total, could be a good option for people who only play occasionally and just want to "be part of the team"

I think i posted about this before but all i got back was some grinding by you, alsirsdasre what ever his name is and few other ppl... look at u now

Are there any plans to increase the number of seats possible for a guild?

We are at 30/30 and there's always active people trying to join and we have to turn them away. There are plenty people who play the game only occasionally (log in 1 or 2 times a week) who feel like part of the guild, are very good friends and chat in whatsapp and discord groups, but contribute less to the guild, and I feel pressure to remove them from the guild to make way for more active players. But that then in turn puts pressure on people to play and contribute more than they are comfortable with, and I'm really keen to encourage people to have fun and not feel forced into anything or fear being removed from the guild where their friends are.

I've tried other things, such as suggesting people join allied guilds, and I even created 2 other guilds myself and allied them to use as a sort of "waiting list", these guilds filled up during lock down but players in them reported feeling like they weren't part of the team, and I couldn't disagree with them.

Ally chat seems simple enough to me but not enough people use it, and I think a lot simply don't understand it and find it inconvenient. I even created a guild with only 3 letters in the name to make ally chat easier, but it's still not really used much.

I understand the reasons for guild sizes to be limited, but understanding that doesn't make it less frustrating and I'm not sure what the solution is.

One idea that I actually just thought of while proof-reading this just before I hit submit, is that guild members could (by leader, or by themselves) be downgraded to some special rank "spiritu" that means they don't benefit from guild shields but also don't count towards member total, could be a good option for people who only play occasionally and just want to "be part of the team"

Couldnt agree more.

Like the idea of a slot that doesnt benefit from shields. I guess the main thing is build point contributions, if said ppl are in that slot they shouldnt beable to contribute to build points either.

I think i posted about this before but all i got back was some grinding by you, alsirsdasre what ever his name is and few other ppl... look at u now

I remember One of u lot putting something up before, took a slightly different approach to zade. There’s a Huge difference between asking for change cos your not happy with it and asking for change while at the same time giving a plausible solution.

Right time to chuck a cat amongst the pigeons!!

Personally I understand zades point but honestly think we should be going the other way. Isn’t any one else bored of a 1 alliance VS 1 alliance server?? I want to see some new and upcoming guilds take advantage of us when we don’t show up on mass for a war or when imms don’t have 5s and take a wall!! Would mean reducing guild size and limiting alliance allocation to 1 guild only. Controversial I know but could add some spice to the pvp side of the server. Alternatively chuck in some guild tournament stuff??

The BIG difference here is you are requesting more fully contributing and benefitting (from shields) members.

Zade is requesting more but they dont contribute? (Confirm please zade) & they dont benefit from shields, more purely for the social aspect.

I like the idea but think it would need capped as otherwise we would see 200 immortals noobs running into walls every second :dejection: unless these spiritu members have no impact on wars? Cant hold cant gain?

Last edited:
Quite like the idea of some members not getting the benefits. Means people can add their noobs and still be social and the people who log on once a week feel welcome.

Quite hard to balance a guild. 30 members but only half are fully active and donating. Definitely times I consider making some room for new active players but then you might lose the trust and friendly aspect of the guild that makes it work so well

was asking for the same thing as many of our members cant commit to be active enough to stay in the main guild so there all spread about a load of sister guilds

The seats needs to be increased by a good 10-20 without it having to cost guild any points or gold.. only this will accommodate for members who are not active as much or are semi active...

Cant help but think that the server took a bit of a left turn at some point and the law of unintended consequence has kicked in...

No other server I have played placed as much emphasis as this one on 'being on' and being active. I tend to think that the need to be on should be pretty much self regulating - if you are on a lot you level at a rate of knots, get loads of gold, items and go on lots of lovely guild hunts. You also have a lovely sociable experience (with the right guild). If you ain't on, well, you miss out!

This sever has sort of made it that if you ain't on you harm yourself (fair enough) but you also harm the guild.

Some might also say this is fair enough but I do wonder if this is what Andy intended.

I play when I can. I work shifts. I have a family. Taken to its logical extreme, if I cant commit then I shouldn't be in ANY guild.

Why not? Its the sociable side (and the chance of a few rares) that keeps me coming back. Solo, MIR is quite a lonely experience. I don't mind lonely but its nice to have a choice :)

Not sure bigger guilds are the answer, there are a few active guilds on the server but at the same time there are a number of well established guilds that are no longer that active. By increasing the seats you would enable a small number of guilds that would be to OP for a number of smaller guilds if they were to become active.

By limiting the seats and forcing the alliances it is increasing the scope for other guilds to establish themselves, in time people will become aware of them if they aren’t already and want to join those guilds in turn.

Just a thought.

Cant help but think that the server took a bit of a left turn at some point and the law of unintended consequence has kicked in...

No other server I have played placed as much emphasis as this one on 'being on' and being active. I tend to think that the need to be on should be pretty much self regulating - if you are on a lot you level at a rate of knots, get loads of gold, items and go on lots of lovely guild hunts. You also have a lovely sociable experience (with the right guild). If you ain't on, well, you miss out!

This sever has sort of made it that if you ain't on you harm yourself (fair enough) but you also harm the guild.

Some might also say this is fair enough but I do wonder if this is what Andy intended.

I play when I can. I work shifts. I have a family. Taken to its logical extreme, if I cant commit then I shouldn't be in ANY guild.

Why not? Its the sociable side (and the chance of a few rares) that keeps me coming back. Solo, MIR is quite a lonely experience. I don't mind lonely but its nice to have a choice :)

This is an interesting take on the situation and something I relate to. Surely if we all want to log more and feel like we are missing out if we don’t, then we are simply Mir addicts? Maybe Andy laced all the 2020 gg with cocaine ;)

I played this server briefly way back when it started and my guild at the time had about 200 members and the 2 main competitive guilds had way way more, and then 1 of them guilds ended up with over half the active server population.

The reason guilds were capped was to eliminate the 1 guild server, however dragons now have a lot of ex members who log in and play briefly weekly but have pretty much zero online social activity as they are non guilded (they still stay in touch threw watsapp but their ingame time is damaged due to having limited interaction) I cant help but think if they had the guild interaction that they might get re-hooked on the game.

Id be pretty certain this is also the case with any other guild.

Back