Massive dash/bc bug. | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Massive dash/bc bug.

if you use shift and click to the direction u pushed them... you can still hit them even if they lagging behind you.. so really its an issue with how fast your computer processes that information.. dunno if that makes sense. the server and mobs always know where the player is standing.. just that your computer doesnt have a clue for couple of seconds

So what can I do to make it process faster?

- - - Updated - - -

And why doesn’t it happen on Delphi or c files

So what can I do to make it process faster?

- - - Updated - - -

And why doesn’t it happen on Delphi or c files

Does happen on Delphi, these are Delphi files, C files are a completely different code, and as you would expect different code is obviously going to react different in game. Problem is, this:

- Client sends package (Message) to Server.
- Client / Player X Began process of pushing player Y
- Server checks that request and processes it if allowed
- Server sends package (Message) to client to begin process.
- Client Moves player X forward X amount of spaces
- Client Updates players Y coordinations to server to verify
- Server Updates positions and allows player to be struck.

Remember this is all been sent via Internet, so there is delays. Regardless if it’s 2ms or 10 ms,
There is a difference regardless and if multiple actions are been processed it’s harder for the server/exe to keep up.
Also doesn’t help with older language (Delphi). Hopefully that explains it a bit more clearer?

I’ve played Mir for almost 20 years. This is the first server I’ve experienced this

- - - Updated - - -

So dash and bc is unfit for purpose really.

- - - Updated - - -

What about when I’m repulsed. There’s no delay to any char

- - - Updated - - -

When I’m hit it doesn’t take ages to register the hp lost it’s instant

I’ve played Mir for almost 20 years. This is the first server I’ve experienced this

- - - Updated - - -

So dash and bc is unfit for purpose really.

- - - Updated - - -

What about when I’m repulsed. There’s no delay to any char

- - - Updated - - -

When I’m hit it doesn’t take ages to register the hp lost it’s instant

Never had this issue when I played a year ago, came back a month ago and something has changed, most likely it was part of the “let’s makes warrs more balanced campaign” (which I think is the right move btw #add hp steal to fire frenzy as a 148 warr skill ;)

Back