Map info discussion | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Map info discussion

I've been on both sides of the coin here. I know what it's like to be the hunter and the hunted. I think people who have only been on the 'hunted' side underestimate how easy it is to find people in caves. The map info counter certainly speeds it up and is helpful, but is by no means essential. Removing it will hurt the defenders more than it will hurt the attackers
The dynamic has changed quite recently, there are three people running around solely trying to just pk pve players mainly, you being one of them, take your example you have friends who im sure give you locations of your targets, you tele to the cave find the map with the plus one, 30s rting and you've got the pk or ruined their hunt job done.

Very similar with Vic there isnt a cave above BC that there isnt an iflyu member in and everytime a map goes +1 Vic arrives within 60secs locates me within 30secs (in my example i check M every few secs so I am always aware & prepared danger is near), i know a wiz who lost their pets recently within 30s of checking map, I know others who check M constantly out of necessity (not an exxageration, its enough to induce epilepsy)

I dont know why I said three tbh cheng hasnt left sz to the best of my knowledge from his time for a change spiel. 😂

Lets talk about how come the sky is blue..

This topic is making a mountain out of a mole
hill
As sunlight penetrates the atmosphere, the electromagnetic waves are scattered in all directions as they encounter various gas molecules. Shorter wavelengths, notably the blues and violets, are scattered more efficiently. So when the sun is high in the sky we see these waves in the blue part of the spectrum from all directions, but when the sun is low the waves have to penetrate more of the atmosphere and much of the blue light is dissipated away, leaving a red/orange glow, and giving us our beautiful sunsets and sunrises

Hope that helps bud

The dynamic has changed quite recently, there are three people running around solely trying to just pk pve players mainly, you being one of them, take your example you have friends who im sure give you locations of your targets, you tele to the cave find the map with the plus one, 30s rting and you've got the pk or ruined their hunt job done.

Very similar with Vic there isnt a cave above BC that there isnt an iflyu member in and everytime a map goes +1 Vic arrives within 60secs locates me within 30secs (in my example i check M every few secs so I am always aware & prepared danger is near), i know a wiz who lost their pets recently within 30s of checking map, I know others who check M constantly out of necessity (not an exxageration, its enough to induce epilepsy)

I dont know why I said three tbh cheng hasnt left sz to the best of my knowledge from his time for a change spiel. 😂

Ill leave when im good and ready, stay vigilante.

I actually think disabling the 'players on map' would BENEFIT the PK a LOT more and be an absolute nightmare for a PVE person.

If you think about it, without the map notification, a PVE player has even less defence, at least now they can be on guard. A person hunting on a map will leave behind piles of corpses/ingredients/gold showing if someone is indeed on the map, and which direction they are headed. It would only take a handful of RT's to find corpses (not necessarily the player, but the evidence of the player) and ultimately the PK would know the hunt was on and the non PK would have no clue an attack was imminent.
You have a very valid point. I’ve used this tactic myself quite few times. The way the game is and players behavior this player count option stands at 75% keep 25% remove.

I'd love for it to be removed, so I can surprise attack my enemies
the torch lit area approaching is a dead giveaway, the mini map approaching is a second giveaway, baffles me how anyone is ever caught out with just this.

It seems the majority quiet player with no voice here doesn't spam M to check for predators so in that sense the whole use of M is a predatory function?

the torch lit area approaching is a dead giveaway, the mini map approaching is a second giveaway, baffles me how anyone is ever caught out with just this.

It seems the majority quiet player with no voice here doesn't spam M to check for predators so in that sense the whole use of M is a predatory function?
When I'm hunting for people I don't run up to them, they don't see me coming on minimap. I'll stalk the area watching where the mobs are gone and where the drops are and figure out what route they might be taking, then tele ring onto exactly where I think they are. If I get it wrong I'll reconsider and try again. With some careful planning and thinking you'd be surprised how accurately you can get it with 2 minutes of preparation and land right on top of someone

If they check M occasionally, there's a good chance they'll be aware that they need to be on high alert. Without it, that's advantage to me.

Without the M button, I would waste 2 or 3 bundles of RT on a map, if I see drops or dead mobs, then game on, if not then move to next floor. Would be a minor inconvenience at worst.

1 word "noobs" :p, seen so many 196+ (won't name) just get jumped by me and stay standing, i think from their perspective it happens too quick and they don't expect it

Be nigh on impossible for Wizards to keep pets without the M function in my opinion. Whatever people think about them they're part of the class and necessary to aid with levelling, killing bosses etc, certainly at an acceptable pace compared to the other 2 classes (I'm talking champ mobs and bosses here for an average player, not a min/max kit player). Removing the M feature for them would make what is already a pretty poor experience even poorer. Claymorewiz or whatever his name is actively goes round all the well known wizard levelling maps, simply to steal pets and @Slaughter. It's got to the point where it's happened to so many people recently that if someone appears on a map a wizard may as well just TT, as going back to the map is far less effort than it is to re-tame pets. I can't imagine any wizard would be happy if the player count feature was removed. It's difficult enough as it is.

Back