Map info discussion | The Legend of Mir

Map info discussion

Alsiral

Contributor
Should you be able able to see how many people on a map when you press M??

Yes I know I means you can check if some one following you, but also means people can just check maps for players and rt to pk them

Two sides to every thing.

Discuss

No i dont think you should, it helps to check while hunting to look after yourself from pk/pets theifs but it helps pkers and theifs alot more to hunt people.

I see why both arguments stand, people use it to avoid pk too though and other uses, if I’m on an exp pot for example and I go to hobgoblin to get an orb, I’ll use M then to see if I need to be on my toes etc. I suppose it’s one of those things where people will just abuse it if they can, an interesting point you raise though mate hadn’t thought of it that way

In theory I'm against it, I think it's contrary to the original idea of the game. But in reality I think it's an essential tool for the pve player now, without it, pve hunting would be a lot more risky, especially for wizards

Personally I'm against it, it ruins the pk element of surprise.
Can't really surprise jump pk people as they'll keep pressing M to check playercount as soon as its +1 they'll be on guard which ruins an aspect of pk

Its more of an aid to a dedicated pker than anything, its easy to find a map with +1 player count and spend a few seconds rting until you find them.

I have always used it to avoid people but I am finding I need to check map much more often.

It is a nice feature but atm it seems to be used as a griefing tool. Just like the probe necklace used to be used as one.

I actually think disabling the 'players on map' would BENEFIT the PK a LOT more and be an absolute nightmare for a PVE person.

If you think about it, without the map notification, a PVE player has even less defence, at least now they can be on guard. A person hunting on a map will leave behind piles of corpses/ingredients/gold showing if someone is indeed on the map, and which direction they are headed. It would only take a handful of RT's to find corpses (not necessarily the player, but the evidence of the player) and ultimately the PK would know the hunt was on and the non PK would have no clue an attack was imminent.

I actually think disabling the 'players on map' would BENEFIT the PK a LOT more and be an absolute nightmare for a PVE person.

If you think about it, without the map notification, a PVE player has even less defence, at least now they can be on guard. A person hunting on a map will leave behind piles of corpses/ingredients/gold showing if someone is indeed on the map, and which direction they are headed. It would only take a handful of RT's to find corpses (not necessarily the player, but the evidence of the player) and ultimately the PK would know the hunt was on and the non PK would have no clue an attack was imminent.
I disagree, unless there’s a big group clearing a map, finding the “evidence ” of an ongoing hunt would take more than a couple of rt’s. Would slow them down massively

I disagree, unless there’s a big group clearing a map, finding the “evidence ” of an ongoing hunt would take more than a couple of rt’s. Would slow them down massively
Get rid of M and being able to RT/Tele Ring make it like the old days!! make pkers work for it.

run forrest run!

P.S add mounts

It's goes both ways there's no doubt, but the difference is this.

Pkers use it to see if someone is on the map, if not they move on to find someone on another map to pk.

The rest of us use it to see if they're chasing us and run.

Only one of those sub groups is inconvenienced, annoyed and griefed by this feature.

edit

There is a reason probe necks aren't functional in game anymore as it was also used as a griefing tool.

Lets talk about how come the sky is blue..

This topic is making a mountain out of a mole
hill
If it weren't for iflyu members chasing people from map to map to map in bug cave, marbled, stt, iku, paradise isles/lakes, szt, etc...... id agree.

But at this point I believe its being used as a griefing tool.

If it weren't for iflyu members chasing people from map to map to map in bug cave, marbled, stt, iku, paradise isles/lakes, szt, etc...... id agree.

That is annoying, I just don’t think it’s griefing, it is being a dick though

That is annoying, I just don’t think it’s griefing, it is being a dick though
I think it would be much harder for pkers to find people to chase when they don't have the M feature saying there's players on their map.

But that's just my opinion.

I've been on both sides of the coin here. I know what it's like to be the hunter and the hunted. I think people who have only been on the 'hunted' side underestimate how easy it is to find people in caves. The map info counter certainly speeds it up and is helpful, but is by no means essential. Removing it will hurt the defenders more than it will hurt the attackers

Just pm /DragonKarma when you're being chased by them, I will come and pk them.

Back