Lvl 86 Tao - Struggling a bit | The Legend of Mir

Lvl 86 Tao - Struggling a bit

Hey,

So.. I am lvl 86 and was quite enjoying the server the first week but struggling to see the way forward and just wanted to give a post about issues I have found so far as I am mostly in gear bought from accessory shops for around lvl 60 but need 85+ gear as feel my char is weaker than should be. Some issues I have found:

* Seems impossible to get gear for my level unless i find it sold to an accessory shop. Example being:
- Khazzard - 70 boss - got to about 4k hp and just wouldn't die after 40 mins. However i can 2 shot all other mobs in the cave - doesn't make sense his stats
- WT - Just seems to drop benes & Wooma heart
- Fox boss - Seems easy at first but randomly one shots me about 3-4 mins in
- Due to lack of kit most of the lvl 80-90 bosses i wouldn't stand a chance against.

* Farmer quests - Lots of references to things that don't exist or quests that seem more difficult than they should be:
- Stray Animals - mentions fort evil which doesnt exist. After 40 mins of rt'ing around found 1 lion and still searching for a pig
- WT / ZT horn & relic - Killed about 5 ZT's and around 30 WT's without any of the items required

* Some skills seem impossible to get for example i am level 86 but Toxic Gas / Confusion / Boreal tiger I haven't seen. I was gifted for free tiger and confusion which was nice but still looking for Toxic gas and wouldn't of came across them without charity. I am sure when were first released were super rare and great competition to farm and sell but at the min just seem super rare haha

Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions

Hi there.
Don't get down hearted as it is a good server with alot of good people in it. Im sure if you mesdage 99% of people they will be able to advise you where to find things and direction to go in.

The farmers quests is a good way to level up and some of the wording in the quests is the clues in it.
Fort Evil if i remember correct is the big house on top of hill in a north east direction from border village.

There is also a npc in bichon who will advise you on areas and maps you should be hunting in.

Guilds can also give you some possible advice and further help if you find one that suits you to join.

Gear and items to obtain is part of the experia ce to try and get and some items you mentioned can be used to summon other things such as the wooma heart and horn can be used to summon a wooma taurus lord which drops items, the same as a zt heart and horn for zooma lord.

Advice and help is always out there just got to ask people or if needed ask on forum as thats what it for.

Good luck and happy hunting

This seems to be an increasingly common theme.

As the game has progressed, players who are at the top end of the level range get bored and GM focuses a lot on them. Creating new high level content and it often replaces the lower level content.

This is great for the long term players who are ready for the new content, but for new players coming in the content for them is getting thinner and thinner.

The server as it is, I feel it really opens up and becomes really playable after around level 120. And levelling up to around 80 using farmer quests and basic levelling areas is very quick. But that gap from 80-120 is now quite boring and limited, to the point that it seems almost impossible for new players without help and charity from others. I can give advice to wizards to break through this low-level zone, but unfortunately I'm not in a position to give similar advice to taoists like yourself.

GM did make a nice change before christmas to help by putting advice message announcements when you log in with suggestions of where to hunt, and also by increasing the resting exp bonus at lower levels so it is quicker. But the problem of kit remains. I'd like to see all kit up for all classes up to level 100 available in shops, that would certainly help players in your position.

Regards skills, the rare/expensive skills you are still looking for are by no means necessary, they are nice to have and will make your journey easier, but they are expensive and rare for a reason. It is perfectly possible to go without them so don't get too focused on hunting for those, you will find them in time.

Your comment about the bosses being too hard for the area they are in. That is by design. I am aware in some servers the bosses in some areas are just slightly harder versions of the mobs in those areas. That is not the case on this server. The bosses tend to be geared to group hunting, a lot of people will solo bosses now that they are far higher level but that is not how they are designed. They are intentionally a lot more difficult to kill than the mobs in the same area, that's something to expect in all areas the same idea continues right up to the hardest maps.

Hope this was kind of helpful. If you need any more advice get me in game any time. I'm logged in pretty much 24/7 so if I don't reply I'm probably sleeping or at work and will get back to you later :)

Hey,

So.. I am lvl 86 and was quite enjoying the server the first week but struggling to see the way forward and just wanted to give a post about issues I have found so far as I am mostly in gear bought from accessory shops for around lvl 60 but need 85+ gear as feel my char is weaker than should be. Some issues I have found:

* Seems impossible to get gear for my level unless i find it sold to an accessory shop. Example being:
- Khazzard - 70 boss - got to about 4k hp and just wouldn't die after 40 mins. However i can 2 shot all other mobs in the cave - doesn't make sense his stats
- WT - Just seems to drop benes & Wooma heart
- Fox boss - Seems easy at first but randomly one shots me about 3-4 mins in
- Due to lack of kit most of the lvl 80-90 bosses i wouldn't stand a chance against.

* Farmer quests - Lots of references to things that don't exist or quests that seem more difficult than they should be:
- Stray Animals - mentions fort evil which doesnt exist. After 40 mins of rt'ing around found 1 lion and still searching for a pig
- WT / ZT horn & relic - Killed about 5 ZT's and around 30 WT's without any of the items required

* Some skills seem impossible to get for example i am level 86 but Toxic Gas / Confusion / Boreal tiger I haven't seen. I was gifted for free tiger and confusion which was nice but still looking for Toxic gas and wouldn't of came across them without charity. I am sure when were first released were super rare and great competition to farm and sell but at the min just seem super rare haha

Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions

Keep ur chin up, lots of people in the game who happily point u in the right direction & support ya for ur next stage of the game, before u know it u have loads to do, hope to see you online ^_^
Feel free to pm me if u ever need anything.

Best regards Onyxia

Hey welcome to the server , I'll help you lvl up to 100 and put some cash in your pocket to help give you a boost for kit from auction house , unfortunately I can't help you much in regards to Tao but feel free to pm Regal I'm sure he will advice you as he is my mentor in game :)

Noob wiz - Creemy

I agree with all the above but i would add that Mir is also a team game and a large part of it finding others that have just started and forming a little group to go lvl with can also benefit you and get to know others playing asking questions is a good way i always find myself buy skills for new players in the game grabbing bones to skip them to vl 50 ect ect but it takes you to communicate with the other players look for a guild that will take you in or start one your self and asking in town for peeps to join

I think you can solo from 0 to 80 but you need others from 80 to 120 and always look on forums for advise also

welcome to the server msg me if you need any help

Thanks for your post that is certainly a well constructed post I can work with.

@Zade I don't think that is quite right, I haven't taken much / anything away to make it thinner. Maybe regions have been compacted but that can only save time running.. and a lot has gone into rebuilding drop files. It is easily 10-20x easier to get items than when the regions were originally released. The problem, really, is there's not a steady flow of items from masses of players hunting there.

Perhaps leveling up seems to be far more time-useful to new players than finding gear, but then suddenly you find yourself under-powered to hunt where you "should" and so have to backtrack and grind a little.

This is a major problem with such a long term server, just look at the kill-counts quests we had. 50k kills wasn't that impressive, but no one will do that now in a region they spend less than an hour in!

Valid points Andy. I've made a conscious effort to try and complete the kill count quests purely for OCD reasons but some of them are pretty mind numbing lol. Like jibuma for example I can clear entire cave all floors in under 10 mins, and I have about 10 times, but I must do 200 times to finish quest. I wish I had access there when I was lower level so I'd get some other benefit :)

Valid points Andy. I've made a conscious effort to try and complete the kill count quests purely for OCD reasons but some of them are pretty mind numbing lol. Like jibuma for example I can clear entire cave all floors in under 10 mins, and I have about 10 times, but I must do 200 times to finish quest. I wish I had access there when I was lower level so I'd get some other benefit :)

I cant understand how you got hold of my picture for your avatar.. it freeks me out!! :hopelessness:

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the all the support - yous have built a kick ass community by looks of things!

I have gotten some equipment form - Salavador / Hela / GoldenGabe and my guild leader that has geared me up a bit and just missing belt / shoes / stone and now lvl 88 from grinding one mob at a time in high areas. Takes a bit but exp reward is nice.

Thank you for the offer for leveling my character name is Seanofsmeg so anytime you see me on about as i am on at odd hours give me shout and would love a bit of leveling just so im not messaging / annoying you guys while your doing your own thing

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the all the support - yous have built a kick ass community by looks of things!

I have gotten some equipment form - Salavador / Hela / GoldenGabe and my guild leader that has geared me up a bit and just missing belt / shoes / stone and now lvl 88 from grinding one mob at a time in high areas. Takes a bit but exp reward is nice.

Thank you for the offer for leveling my character name is Seanofsmeg so anytime you see me on about as i am on at odd hours give me shout and would love a bit of leveling just so im not messaging / annoying you guys while your doing your own thing

Ooooo well nice to hear u getting along ^_^, makes me smile hearing so many peeps stepped up to help ya, think i saw ur char today in bichon :3 next time i see ya ill give ya a poke n say hiiiiii. Keep up what ya doing & again feel free to msg me anytime || onyxia

Hey smeg , I didn't realise it was you from this post that I met in tomb of the dead at lvl 87 soloing a bile demon on Friday night !! We'll done bud your starting off great !

Hey Guys,

Onyxia - yea seen your character about too, as stood out from a boss from a mount/boss from warcraft haha - Yes i shall do when i see you about say hi and torture you with Q's :)

Creem - hhaha your words are much kinder than the actuality where I found a sub boss in there and was like right... ill lure off from it and try to kill it only to find it had 900k hp!!! i do like 100 damage per spell and it was recovering like 500-800 hp and then you came over a wrecked it with you and your pets and then boosted me to 99 haha.

What pets are you using for biles creemy? I usually just leave biles cos they take too long to kite and I'm too lazy to get pets. Moths any good for them?

Moths are not bad but die quickly to it so the game is to get it killed before it kills your pets lol , i combo of moths and toads are good for it but you also need to be up next to it coping it's ass n sharing the hits so your pets don't die , I kill them the same way I kill timber thorn , I don't have the patients to kite anything , learned the hard way with sky night though lol got that to half way solo then it spanked me and my rt didn't work n next smack killed me lol

Moths are not bad but die quickly to it so the game is to get it killed before it kills your pets lol , i combo of moths and toads are good for it but you also need to be up next to it coping it's ass n sharing the hits so your pets don't die , I kill them the same way I kill timber thorn , I don't have the patients to kite anything , learned the hard way with sky night though lol got that to half way solo then it spanked me and my rt didn't work n next smack killed me lol

Aye that's how I do it with easier bosses but stuff like biles needs a bit more thought. Will give it a go later. Not sure how long it takes me to kite a bile now but I reckon at least 10 mins which is still a bit too long. Maybe when I have more MC I can do it quicker then it will be viable

Yeh most the time I just shout on a warrior from guild to come help me kill it quicker , what spell do you use on it if your kiting ? I see wizard using thunder nova on it , mine is still lvl 0 aha

Yeh most the time I just shout on a warrior from guild to come help me kill it quicker , what spell do you use on it if your kiting ? I see wizard using thunder nova on it , mine is still lvl 0 aha

Hmm I'll give that a try, I would normally use thunderstrike just cos it seems like it should be best but never done any actual tests lol

When I get time I will try kill 3, 1 with TS, 1 with FD and 1 with TN and time them all to see which is best :)

Back