lunar events | The Legend of Mir

lunar events

Alsiral

Contributor
Saw something on FB andy posted about lunar events and if they were op.

Don't think they are but the buffs could be spread out a little bit better imo.

Something like moving the mob+2 lvls to one of the shorter ones, you could even have the mob lvl drop by 2 levels on the other short one to help noobs out.

Would like to see a gold drop bonus added too.

Overall the lunar event idea is fantastic, just feel it could be tweaked / updated

Open to any suggestions. These are the current events:

New Moon
The New Moon is when the moon is barely visible and cast almost completely in shadow. This moon phase will begin at 7pm and last until 11pm the day following the next (52 hours).

• Spawn Rate + 30 %
  • No experience change
  • Monster HP + 10%
  • Double Drops

First Quarter
The First Quarter Moon is half of a transition from New Moon to a Full Moon. This moon phase will begin at 7pm and last until 11pm the following day (28 hours).

• Spawn Rate + 15 %
  • Experience + 15%
  • Monsters shift to more physical defence
  • Magic Find + 100%

Full Moon
The Full Moon is the most spectacular moon phase when the entire face of the moon is lit up. This moon phase will begin at 7pm and last until 11pm the day following the next (52 hours).

• Spawn Rate + 10 %
  • Experience + 30%
  • Monster Level + 2
  • Double Super and Champion spawns

Third Quarter
The Third Quarter Moon is half of a transition from Full Moon to a New Moon. This moon phase will begin at 7pm and last until 11pm the following day (28 hours).

• Spawn Rate + 20 %
  • Experience + 10%
  • Monsters shift to more magical defence
  • Double Mythic Drops

Changes
New Moon: Keep how it is
Full Moon: Remove the level change

Then with First / Third Quarter have the same buffs except change levels in opposite directions, and increase/decrease AC/MAC depending on the level increase or decrease so for example:

Both have

• Spawn Rate + 15 %
  • Experience + 15%
  • Magic Find Increase .. 50%?
  • Mythic Drops Increase .. 50%?

Then
First Quarter: Monster levels + 2,3(?) and AC&MAC +5(?)% (see plus!)
Third Quarter: Monster levels - 2,3(?) and AC&MAC - 5(?)% (see minus!)

Personally I like it exactly how it is

What problem would we be solving by changing it?

Personally I like it exactly how it is

What problem would we be solving by changing it?

Why does something need to be a problem to be improved? Some of the lunar cycles feel lack lustre and some too good too miss. The slight changes Andy mentions above I personally feel would be a great addition

New Moon
  • Spawn Rate + 30 %
  • 25% experience point
  • Monster HP + 20%
  • Double Drops + 50% magic find

First Quarter
The First Quarter Moon is half of a transition from New Moon to a Full Moon. This moon phase will begin at 7pm and last until 11pm the following day (28 hours).

• Spawn Rate + 35 %
  • Experience + 35%
  • Magic Find + 100% + drops low lvl mythic items like clear ring + para + pro

Full Moon
The Full Moon is the most spectacular moon phase when the entire face of the moon is lit up. This moon phase will begin at 7pm and last until 11pm the day following the next (52 hours).

• Spawn Rate + 50 %
  • Experience + 90%
  • Monster Level + 5
  • Double Super and Champion spawns + 50% mythic drop

Third Quarter
The Third Quarter Moon is half of a transition from Full Moon to a New Moon. This moon phase will begin at 7pm and last until 11pm the following day (28 hours).

• Spawn Rate + 30 %
  • Experience + 50%
  • Double Mythic Drops + 80% more drops

The above rate's are fair cause you only have 24hrs average to take good advantage and make a good use of these moon phase perks

Last edited:
Random thought, not actually linked to lunar events but I just thought of it while I was reading this and it's probably not worth it's own thread.

How about random occurrences approx 1 per day but can vary, with announcements (like the way PB invasion is), where a random cave gets 2x mob spawns for 3 hours. Different cave every time, just mix it up.

Would make for some wild group hunts! Imagine places like CT, Loki KR, thunder pass, orc 4F, ZT... with 2x mobs :D

hey there guys i love the lunar event how it is ....... if there was anything to make it better would just make all 4 events 52hours and have x2 reds and blues 2times in the lunar apart from that i love the events when they come i think this was a really good and great way for events thanks for putting this into the game :)

Open to any suggestions. These are the current events:

New Moon
The New Moon is when the moon is barely visible and cast almost completely in shadow. This moon phase will begin at 7pm and last until 11pm the day following the next (52 hours).

• Spawn Rate + 30 %
  • No experience change
  • Monster HP + 10%
  • Double Drops

First Quarter

• Spawn Rate + 15 %
  • Experience + 15%
  • Magic Find + 100%

Full Moon

• Spawn Rate + 10 %
  • Experience + 30%
  • Monster Level + 2
  • Double Super and Champion spawns

Third Quarter

• Spawn Rate + 20 %
  • Experience + 10%
  • Double Mythic Drops

Changes
New Moon: Keep how it is
Full Moon: Remove the level change

Then with First / Third Quarter have the same buffs except change levels in opposite directions, and increase/decrease AC/MAC depending on the level increase or decrease so for example:

Both have

• Spawn Rate + 15 %
  • Experience + 15%
  • Magic Find Increase .. 50%?
  • Mythic Drops Increase .. 50%?

Then
First Quarter: Monster levels + 2,3(?) and AC&MAC +5(?)% (see plus!)
Third Quarter: Monster levels - 2,3(?) and AC&MAC - 5(?)% (see minus!)

I really enjoy the lunar events especially the ones with more spawns and supers . Not sure if it should get changed but maybe make the buffs a bit more random \ unpredictable where no one knows what the buffs are until they start killing things ... I would also like to see on the full or new moon random sieges where the lunar changes make the mobs go a bit nuts and attack random towns . Maybe a Few random bosses loads of mobs

I really enjoy the lunar events especially the ones with more spawns and supers . Not sure if it should get changed but maybe make the buffs a bit more random \ unpredictable where no one knows what the buffs are until they start killing things ... I would also like to see on the full or new moon random sieges where the lunar changes make the mobs go a bit nuts and attack random towns . Maybe a Few random bosses loads of mobs

Just to be clear, not asking for major change here, some fine tweaks to improve was my thoughts. Straight off the bat I think Andy nailed it with his suggestion. It’s not op and there’s balance that benefits all equally. It’s win win for all. Added bonus is it “opens up “ caves to lower levels for 28 hours. Even more benefit than before!

Random thought, not actually linked to lunar events but I just thought of it while I was reading this and it's probably not worth it's own thread.

How about random occurrences approx 1 per day but can vary, with announcements (like the way PB invasion is), where a random cave gets 2x mob spawns for 3 hours. Different cave every time, just mix it up.

Would make for some wild group hunts! Imagine places like CT, Loki KR, thunder pass, orc 4F, ZT... with 2x mobs :D

Can see that turning into a PK fest and not really fair on those that just want to get on and level though...

Can see that turning into a PK fest and not really fair on those that just want to get on and level though...

Pk fest once per day could be fun, in reality, if a large number of caves was included, the top pk guilds would only get an extra fight once or twice per week, the rest of the time, it’s just th rest of the server that benefits

Bump on this to get peoples thoughts now we have done another cycle.

The one simple change i would make would be push monster lvl + 2 into new moon to balance it a little. Doesn't it make sense that double drops is linked to a high lvl of mob?

Full moon i would chuck a gold find boost in just to keep it a tasty 2 days.

Alternatively Andy's suggested edit to system would be cool af.

Bump on this to get peoples thoughts now we have done another cycle.

The one simple change i would make would be push monster lvl + 2 into new moon to balance it a little. Doesn't it make sense that double drops is linked to a high lvl of mob?

Full moon i would chuck a gold find boost in just to keep it a tasty 2 days.

Alternatively Andy's suggested edit to system would be cool af.

It would more than double drops tho. Boss lvls seem to be affected alot by their lvl

Scorp can correct me if im wrong but the lvl of a mob doesn't effect its drops rates

well,level 165 TK 149 SK/4T 163 CT Guards etc drop much better than the lower levels of them,pretty sure Andy said "they not effected that much by levels" a while ago on Facebook,when Lunar events came out.

but i personally feel higher version of boss drop 100 times better than lowest version of boss

Back