Lower level super/champ bosses | The Legend of Mir

Lower level super/champ bosses

killa_nite

At risk of it sounding like a moan, I think it would be advantageous to remove shouts for champ and super bosses under say 110/115. As of late our guild has grown with lots of lower level players. They camp quite a few bosses such as ztl and sunken bosses. It stinks as technically they are doing the work to make these spawn. When they do 160+ players pop in with a tele ring and smash it before they get a chance to see it.

The way I see the system is that it's meant to encourage fights as these have a much better chance to drop. I would love it if the shouts could be directed towards players within the level range of the boss but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Yes that is a bit of an issue, I must admit I'm always tempted when I see a champion treebeard or other such thing, but I tend to leave them nowadays because I know how annoying it is, I can kill these sorts of things very easily, as can most people of even a moderately high level, but I'd rather lower levels got the enjoyment out of them, as they are the ones who will be keeping the game going well into the future.

However, it's not just low levels who have issues with people snagging supers. There's only a couple of places that are worthwhile for me to hunt, I enjoy grinding even though the exp is pretty much nil now, I just float around and kill mobs without any particular goals in mind because it's theraputic after a stressful day at work. I make a lot of blue/red mobs spawn and it's very rare that I get the pleasure of actually killing them myself, there's almost always someone bouncing about with RT only killing the blues that have spawned because I'm clearing. Makes me just want to log out sometimes. I'm not interested in fighting people over them, I just see the supers as a little reward that make me happy when I see them. When I see people in these areas I typically engage in conversation and try to make agreements that we can both/all stay in certain parts so we don't get in each other's way, and most people seem to be receptive to that idea as it benefits everyone involved.

I guess it's just one of life's little grumbles, no matter what changes are made, there will always be someone greeding, as much as it's selfish and demoralising, it's the nature of games like this and is unlikely to ever improve.

Sounds like a good idea but the implementation would need to be right. Do you prevent notifications completely for below certain levels or do you limit who sees them?

Sounds like a good idea but the implementation would need to be right. Do you prevent notifications completely for below certain levels or do you limit who sees them?

You've done well with the +35 levels thing for gaining GamePoints, maybe that could be a benchmark to consider. As in, only notify players who would gain GP for killing it. Just one of many possibilities I suppose

You've done well with the +35 levels thing for gaining GamePoints, maybe that could be a benchmark to consider. As in, only notify players who would gain GP for killing it. Just one of many possibilities I suppose

I think only showing to a certain range would be ideal. Say champ ztl is 107 limit it to levels -/+ 15/20 or below.

Ztl lvl 107, only levels 93-122 see the shout. Limits people who can't kill and select multi or storage accounts.

I think only showing to a certain range would be ideal. Say champ ztl is 107 limit it to levels -/+ 15/20 or below.

Ztl lvl 107, only levels 93-122 see the shout. Limits people who can't kill and select multi or storage accounts.

If you make it so low levels see it then store charts will see it and then they will log on their main account to kill it.
I think no notification would be best.

If you make it so low levels see it then store charts will see it and then they will log on their main account to kill it.
I think no notification would be best.

I love a good scrap for a boss but your right.

I think it would be better with no shouts. Those lucky enough to find a super or champ boss would get to kill it.

+1 for not shouting bosses under level..... 130 Make it so hero's league ppl can still fight for bosses that give them build points / gp

Yeh just do away with the shout for lower lvl bosses, because if you do it by lvl restriction on shouts then ppl just use store chara's to see it , also without it being shouted also gives a nicer surprice to the ppl who are grinding these bosses daily

+35 is already tight, so hard for me to find anything to get GP from lol :(

Yes that is a bit of an issue, I must admit I'm always tempted when I see a champion treebeard or other such thing, but I tend to leave them nowadays because I know how annoying it is, I can kill these sorts of things very easily, as can most people of even a moderately high level, but I'd rather lower levels got the enjoyment out of them, as they are the ones who will be keeping the game going well into the future.

However, it's not just low levels who have issues with people snagging supers. There's only a couple of places that are worthwhile for me to hunt, I enjoy grinding even though the exp is pretty much nil now, I just float around and kill mobs without any particular goals in mind because it's theraputic after a stressful day at work. I make a lot of blue/red mobs spawn and it's very rare that I get the pleasure of actually killing them myself, there's almost always someone bouncing about with RT only killing the blues that have spawned because I'm clearing. Makes me just want to log out sometimes. I'm not interested in fighting people over them, I just see the supers as a little reward that make me happy when I see them. When I see people in these areas I typically engage in conversation and try to make agreements that we can both/all stay in certain parts so we don't get in each other's way, and most people seem to be receptive to that idea as it benefits everyone involved.

I guess it's just one of life's little grumbles, no matter what changes are made, there will always be someone greeding, as much as it's selfish and demoralising, it's the nature of games like this and is unlikely to ever improve.

Thinking about that, a possible solution I thought of would be to have the super status hidden until you attack them (same way the rev bar appears).
Could then probably increase the total number of these monsters since fewer will be killed overall

Thinking about that, a possible solution I thought of would be to have the super status hidden until you attack them (same way the rev bar appears).
Could then probably increase the total number of these monsters since fewer will be killed overall

All caves would be nice. Just leave bosses as big red dot.

Do you mean just for bosses or also for mobs? I suspect there would be a big divide over this.

I love the idea, especially for mobs, and I think a lot of casual players will also, but most of the "top" players who spend most of their time just rt/tele/recall to bosses and not levelling will be angry about it

Meant non-bosses yeah

I'm a million percent behind the idea, would love it. As I said above though, I think this will be a divisive issue, there's a lot of people who simply bounce about with RT only killing supers/champions, which sucks a lot of fun out of it for others. I expect those people will be very vocally negative towards this idea.

It are nothing to discuss realy. Remove notifactions complete. Dont see anyone realy root for em atm. Please add a Giant snail as pet also

Back