Loki Re-spawn Poll

Scorpian

Administrator
Staff member
We ran a flash poll on Facebook for Loki and respawn times

Randomise re-spawns +52 votes
No. Do nothing +10 votes
Increase spawns, reduce drops +6 votes

I don't really understand the politics here, too much trash talk and whining, but obviously a lot of people are calling for change.

The question really is why? What is the problem we are trying to fix?

p.s. the first sign of flaming I will go in game and give you contagion-20, once I remember how to log in

The problem that exists that spawned the original request is that there are a couple of people (notably one of them is in Dragons and one of them is in Immortals) who attend every single Loki. The respawn times are well known by both sides, and there's a big pk fight over it almost every time. One of those people wants it to be random because he has the ability to be on 24/7 and that will increase his chances of getting the boss without a fight because he can just keep checking it all the time.

I think a lot of people who voted on that poll have probably never even been to Loki, since it's only 2 groups that really ever kill it and there's definitely not 52 people between them, half that if we're lucky. There's a long standing assumption that random spawns are fairer to "the little guy" but actually they are fairer to whoever can check it most often, which is rarely "the little guy", if anything a random spawn would make the existing problem worse. At least as it is now everyone knows the spawn times so everyone has an equal chance of getting it, even if that means having to fight over it.

The only way to increase the chances of other groups / smaller guilds getting a shot at it would be to increase the spawn rate so there are several per day and adjusting the drop rate to match, so the same amount of stuff drops overall / per week, but requires more kills. That would make the main guilds less possessive over it and mean other guilds would maybe get to sneak a kill here and there.

The problem that exists that spawned the original request is that there are a couple of people (notably one of them is in Dragons and one of them is in Immortals) who attend every single Loki. The respawn times are well known by both sides, and there's a big pk fight over it almost every time. One of those people wants it to be random because he has the ability to be on 24/7 and that will increase his chances of getting the boss without a fight because he can just keep checking it all the time.

I think a lot of people who voted on that poll have probably never even been to Loki, since it's only 2 groups that really ever kill it and there's definitely not 52 people between them, half that if we're lucky. There's a long standing assumption that random spawns are fairer to "the little guy" but actually they are fairer to whoever can check it most often, which is rarely "the little guy", if anything a random spawn would make the existing problem worse. At least as it is now everyone knows the spawn times so everyone has an equal chance of getting it, even if that means having to fight over it.

The only way to increase the chances of other groups / smaller guilds getting a shot at it would be to increase the spawn rate so there are several per day and adjusting the drop rate to match, so the same amount of stuff drops overall / per week, but requires more kills. That would make the main guilds less possessive over it and mean other guilds would maybe get to sneak a kill here and there.

Don’t think they know the times since last auto server reboot

- - - Updated - - -

I vote increase all bosses to 3-4 hour spawns. Loki tk em everything. Reduce drops and increase spawns. People soon get bored of killing them every rs for grinding oils.

There is nothing wrong with how it is at the moment, i think all sides will agree loki drops best atm, so only the best should get it imo.

It is 20+hour rs? Im not sure as i never attend but my guilds watsapp blows up almost every rs asking ppl to logg in most recentally like thurs or fri last week at like 2pm during a working day for everyone there was a 3 hour pk with 10+ on both sides which imms eventually won...

That is an immense turnout which wont happen if its changed in anyway.

On another topic i would love to see em changed in someway whether it is to remove its global shout (affords any group a chance to do the very long run and chance upon it) or allow recall so if one group is defeated atleast they have the chance to regroup and try again

#remove emglobalshout

Should be random rs, would increase the chances of others getting it, like legends and pve. Shouldn't be just for the "best". If it's on a random rs who's honestly not going to get bored of checking every 10 minutes if it's up. Right now you crack the time then camp it... Shouldn't be like that.
It drops that good that it shouldn't be as straight forward as logging in every 28 hours and getting mega rares.

Should be random rs, would increase the chances of others getting it, like legends and pve. Shouldn't be just for the "best". If it's on a random rs who's honestly not going to get bored of checking every 10 minutes if it's up. Right now you crack the time then camp it... Shouldn't be like that.
It drops that good that it shouldn't be as straight forward as logging in every 28 hours and getting mega rares.

I can think of 3 people who wouldn't ever get bored of that
Fuji
Via
Wummy

I can think of 3 people who wouldn't ever get bored of that
Fuji
Via
Wummy

I think after the he initial first couple of days it would fizzle out. Always the way. Especially if its as random as em were it can take days to rs.

Back