Levelling Guide - Taoist | The Legend of Mir

Levelling Guide - Taoist

Warda

Staff member
Updates discontinued.

Guide updates discontinued due to lack of demand, and not enough hours in the day to invest :(

Listed below is an old guide that has SOME similarities to refer to.

- - - - -​

Last but not least, I have decided to create a Taoist levelling guide. I apologise for the delays. Just to give you a brief outline, and I'm sure others may agree, the Taoist class is often seen as the "Support" class. By this, I mean Taoists alone may encounter several problems that the other two classes may not see as being much of a problem and therefore are often used to help the other classes out when levelling/hunting etc. The Taoist class is NOT utterly impossible to level or hunt with, in fact, they can prove to be excellent levellers and hunters overall. But many will agree that Taoists are best accompanied by the other two classes. (Taoist + Warrior = Good against bosses and in PvP, whereas Taoist + Wizard can be excellent levelling partners - It can differ of course) For the lower levels, I would advise seeking a DC kit to level with as you currently will not do enough damage to the monsters to kill them quickly whilst using SC kit, whereas if you wish to speed things up, a DC kit is often the best. (You will use an SC kit as you get much higher)

[Taoist]
Level 50-70
Location(s):
- Death Valley: (Page 1 of the Portal Stone) This area is a medium-sized map filled with EvilZombies. There are a high number zombies here so I wouldn't worry about competition for the monsters. I guarantee you will not encounter many problems here from the monsters, except for the Dhoul (Sub-Boss) which can hit with a decent level of damage, however I wouldn't imagine this monster would give you too much trouble as your Summon pets can be useful here. If you decide to take on this monster, I would advise killing all the monsters that may distract your pet so their full attention is focused on the Dhoul rather than the zombies. For this area, I would take several HealthBundles - approximately 6 (for safety) and then the rest of your bag filled with ManaBundles as you will most likely use more MP than HP in here. Also, in here, the Shinsu will be most useful against the monsters as Shinsu's can hit over a two cell radius directly in front of it. On the other hand, the BoneFamiliar will undoubtedly be the best pet for killing the Dhoul. Don't forget to stock up on Amulets and both Red & Green Poisons before going levelling as you will most likely use a large amount of each whilst levelling and it always helps to be prepared before hand so you're not messing about later on.

- Ghoul Cave: (Page 1 of the Portal Stone) This area is similar to Death Valley in terms of monster difficulty however the map is only a small square room, thus allowing the same levelling method to be applied. The room is filled with 30 Ghouls, 3 of which are 'Super' Ghouls which are basically slightly improved versions of their other forms with increased Experience, health and attack damage, not to worry though as these don't hurt much. The 'super' Ghouls drop several skill books that are quite useless apart from the TaoShove skill that can be obtained here. The skill book is aimed at level 38, this skill is the same as the Warrior skill ShoulderDash. (whilst facing a monster, you can hit the dash key to move the monster facing you several steps away from you - at level 3, the skill can move 2 monsters in your line of sight) In here you don't really need HealthBundles as there are no bosses here and the monsters pose no immediate threat, the damage done by the monsters is low and your health can be easily maintained by using the Healing skill. I would use the Shinsu pet again as explained in the previous area.

- Hidden Lands: (Page 2 of the Portal Stone) This area consists of various types of Oma, the map is relatively small and filled with a moderate level of Omas at a reasonable respawn rate. The map is occupied by 3 RedOmaSkele's (Sub-Bosses) and a GoldOmaSkele (Boss). The RedOmaSkele's are not much of a threat but can however deal a moderate amount of damage but can drop level 54-60 items as well as RedOmaRemains which are needed for the Farmers quest in Fort Evil. The GoldOmaSkele however can be quite a problem as he deals much more damage than the other monsters and has much more health than the RedOmaSkele. He can be easily killed though, I would use a BoneFamiliar to kill this monster as well as Poison and SoulFireBall + standard melee attacks. The good thing about this area is that the monsters drop pots, so for those who wish to level continuously without having to go back to town and pot up again, I believe this area would be of great use to you. Also, there are several OmaKings around who are basically stronger and faster versions of OmaWarriors, these monsters drop considerably more pots than the other monsters around this area. (The OmaKings have the same image as the OmaWarriors, so keep an eye out for them! They hit with an Electric attack similar to the Woomataurus' claw attack) I would advise taking 1/2 HealthBundles and 1/2 ManaBundles if you wish, as the monsters also drop pots here, spending a great deal on pots isn't necessary. In this area, the Shinsu is probably the best pet to be used here. [This area can only be accessed at levels 54-60]

- Woomataurus King Levelling Area: (WTKLA) (Connected Path - Page 1 of the Portal Stone - WoomaKingRelic + Heart required) This area can be accessed via Connected Path, the NPC that allows entry is located on the far left passage. A WoomaKingRelic and WoomaKingHeart is required to gain entry (These items can be obtained by killing a WoomaKing - Far Right corridor - WoomaHorn and WoomaHearts are needed to spawn this boss). Once inside, you are only allowed 1 Hour to kill as many monsters as you can. This room is medium sized (It's the same map as the IZTPalace if you played Euro) and is filled with various types of Slaves, these monsters cannot hit the player so I would advise taking pets and a full DC and Speed kit. The room is packed with these Slaves and has a short respawn time. Spawn your Shinsu here and use Green Poison on as many mobs as you can as well as melee attacking the monsters around you so you cover more space and can make the most out of your allotted time. Once your Hour is up you will be teleported back to the NPC. You CANNOT log out in this area as you will be teleported out once you log back in. I would take a full bag on ManaBundles just incase, HealthBundles will not be required here. Don't forget to take some Green Poison and Amulets!

- Tongs Tomb: (Page 2 of the Portal Stone) This area is good as the map is fairly small and is filled with various types of Tongs. There is also a boss in the area called TongsLord, he isn't much of a challenge but can take a while to kill, however this boss can be easily defeated if you clear any withstanding monsters around you and the boss, once you have killed all the enemies spawn your BoneFamiliar and use both Red and Green Poison whilst hitting it with both SoulFireBall and melee. (He teleports if surrounded - like a WoomaTaurus) I would take approximately 3/5's bag space of HealthBundles and 2/5's worth of ManaBundles as the monsters can do damage over time considering the amount of monsters available in this area. There are several EvilTongs around the cave so be mindful of how many you decide to lure, they can do a fair bit of damage, not a lot but I wouldn't bother wasting pots and duras. Again, I would use a Shinsu here instead of a BoneFamiliar for the monsters.

- Shelob Lair: You can access this area by heading to Mines of Moria (Page 1 of the Portal Stone) and taking the left passage up to the door (press B to see the full map). The door is at the top. This should take you to the TombOfMoria, once there, make your way to the next door at the other side of the map. Once you head through the door you should enter FangornForest. In this area there are 3 different doors; Fox Cave which is to the top right of the map, MountDoom (via Mordor) to the top left, and ShelobLair to the bottom left. Make your way to Shelob Lair, once inside, there are several types of monster called "Shelobs", these monsters give a nice amount of experience for each kill. However, the boss in this area is called Shelob who has the same skin as the CrystalSpider from euro mir. His claw attacks don't do a lot of damage however his lightning attack can prove quite a problem, I'd advise staying away from this boss until you get a little higher, or take a group with you. Don't bother luring large amounts of monsters as you may put yourself at risk of being overrun, the monsters do a considerable amount of damage and therefore death risks are likely. I would advise taking the monsters of 1 at a time or in, say groups of 3-5 so you don't put yourself at risk. You may need 3/5's bag space of HealthBundles and 2/5's of ManaBundles. The best pet to use here would probably be the BoneFamiliar as this pet does more DC damage than the Shinsu and has the ability to Paralyse their enemies.

- Ice Temple: (Page 4 of the Portal Stone) Ice Temple has many floors that can be accessed. Currently, assuming you are between the levels of 54-69, you may only be able to access floors 1-5. Ice Temple's monsters increase in difficulty and experience the more floors you go down. These monsters also drop pots so again, if you are one of those players who don't want to go back to town to pot up again, this place is very good to level in - I would take on the monsters in groups of about 1-10 if you wish to preserve pots but also kill at an easy rate. A BoneFamiliar is probably the most effective pet to use here as the monsters are quite spaced out and mass lures are less likely to occur. I wouldn't imagine you would need to take many pots so about 8 HealthBundles and 8 ManaBundles should be enough.

[Level 60-80]
[Location(s):]
- Prajna Temple: (Page 3 of the Portal Stone) Now this area can be quite hard for a Taoist, but if accompanied by a Warrior, this area can be one of the easiest areas in game. A Taoist can help massively by Poisoning the monsters and using pets to drawn unwanted attention away from the Warrior. I would strongly advise not to level here solo unless your DC is high enough to keep a consistent level of damage towards the monsters. The monsters in Prajna Temple are highly resistant to MC and SC attacks and therefore DC is a needed here (not fully immune though), so I would use a BoneFamiliar here as Shinsu's are less likely to hit the monsters. Be sure to take more HealthBundles than ManaBundles, possibly 4/5's Health and 1/5 Mana. The monsters here occasionally drop Super pots which heal the player a large amount of Health or Mana over a period of time.

- Svaltus Dungeon/Cave: (Page 1 - Dungeon, Page 3 - Cave) Before we begin, I strongly recommend that Taoists be accompanied by a Wizard whose MC is 180+ and has Luck+8 or 9 (rough amounts) before attempting this area. Beware of the SvaltusTroll (Boss) that can be found on the 6th Floor of Svaltus Cave and the 3rd Floor of Svaltus Dungeon. Now, I wouldn't even attempt to kill this boss, even with Taoist Poison and Wizard FireWall in a Trap Spot, my guess is that the stats of both members of the group will not be sufficient enough to maintain a constant amount of damage and thus be able to kill the boss. The levelling part is based around the 3rd floor of SvaltusDungeon and the 6th floor of SvaltusCave. The Wizard will do the most work as all you will have to do is Poison the monsters for the Wizard to kill them quicker, the Wizard will FireWall a large area of open map, lure the monsters into the middle of the FireWalled area and then simply run round. Once the Wizard begins to run around, you must do the same. Avoid running opposite directions to the Wizard as you will most probably run into all the monsters. (Avoid narrow corridors or obstructions such as; Map detail, walls etc.) Once all the monsters are dead, simply repeat this process to achieve an extremely fast way of levelling. Pets are not needed in this area. Be sure to take more HealthBundles than ManaBundles as the monsters do a large amount of damage. (SvaltusSpearers can hit from 2 cells away in a direct line of sight, so be careful!)

- Sunken Temple: (Page 3 of the Portal Stone) Again, this area is probably best attempted if accompanied by a Warrior. The Taoists' Poison is of great help to a Warrior as it will decrease the time it takes to kill the monster and thus save pots. This area uses the same map as the first Hwan Ma Jin from Euro Mir, the map is split into 4 corridors, each of which lead to 4 different areas. (I wouldn't attempt to go into these areas to level, the areas are aimed at levels 100+ and the monsters are much stronger than the ones in SunkenTemple) The map consists of many Mirelurks that guard the 4 corridors, they offer 80,000 Experience Points (without Experience Gems) but have a strong melee attack, fast movement speed and a large amount of health. They are accompanied by a MirelurkKing (Boss) which, as you can guess, is much stronger, faster, offers more Experience etc. I would strongly suggest avoiding this monster. (Be careful, the MirelurkKing has the exact same image as the Mirelurk so it is quite hard to distinguish him from the others without pinpointing him out with your cursor, he attacks using a lightning attack - similar to the WoomaTaurus, he also teleports if surrounded) For this area, I would advise using a BoneFamiliar purely for the intention of increasing the chance of paralysis and can also be used to draw attention away from you or the Warrior. I would personally take 3/5's bag space of HealthBundles and 2/5's Mana. The monsters here can drop Super pots so I large amount of Mana isn't really required.

As stated in my previous guides http://www.thelegendofmir.com/forum/legend-mir-chat/40976-levelling-guide-wizard.html and http://www.thelegendofmir.com/forum/legend-mir-chat/40973-levelling-guide-warrior.html, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. PM the me in game: xXAngelBeccaXx (Beware of my noobish impersonator) Also, feel free to add your own input to whether you think something is missing off or incorrect in any way that you think would help others out.

Best of luck to you all. :approved:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick update.
Now that the Green Poison HP reduction rates have been increased and SoulFireBall has had a damage upgrade, DC kit is probably not necessary anymore so maybe that's something to consider - full SC kit perhaps? In the hard areas where monsters do a fair bit of damage, use a ProtectionRing to absorb some damage - you'd be suprised how much it helps. A revival ring is always a good investment too.
The current rings that have the Revive function added to them are:
- GreenGoldRing (Been known to drop from WoomaTaurusKing - requires a WoomaHorn & Heart from WoomaTemple, WTK can be found in Connected Path on the Far right Corridor)
- ShockRing (You must search MudWall for LameApe to get a "Map", then take this map to the Border Town restaurant - the building to the right of the Book Shop)
[You can only do this quest ONCE per character and must be attempted on a Wizard - The quest involves you being teleported to a Room with a MirKing, you must kill the MK and take the Diary back to the OldMan to receive the ShockRing]
- RevivalRing (If I'm not mistaken, I think WoomaTaurusKing also drops this)

Last edited:
Question bout the Tao pets.. Any idea what level you get 2 shins / skeles these days? - Are there any other pets like in the old days?

Cheers

Think its level 65+ for 2 Skeles, unsure about Shins maybe the same.

If your on about the big Skeles and Ants, no they aren't ingame any more. You get a Royal Guard after you have completed the Heroes Quest, you also get a pet once you rebirth. You can only summon one of them thou. (Summon your 2 pets before you summon your Guard or Rebirth one thou).

Question bout the Tao pets.. Any idea what level you get 2 shins / skeles these days? - Are there any other pets like in the old days?

Quick update, 2x Shinsu you can get at level 70+. Other than that, MirLegend has hit the nail on the head there. Good job.

Can I ask for more info on how to obtain certain skills.

Namely:
SummonAngel
Confusion (Obtain 15 missing pages and the 'Confu' page, but where to find these and where to take them?)
Enhancer
Curse

Tyia.

Can I ask for more info on how to obtain certain skills.

Namely:
SummonAngel
Confusion (Obtain 15 missing pages and the 'Confu' page, but where to find these and where to take them?)
Enhancer
Curse

Tyia.

Summonangel and enhancer you get when you rebirth, which happens at level 90. They automatically appear in your bag, Confu drops in past bichon where the missing pages drop. Curse isn't in the game anymore.

Just a little extra on 2D's post - MissingPages and Confu.../Entra.../Vampi... drop in PB from Super Omas (they look the same as the other Omas but they're stronger). Once you've got all 15 MissingPages, go to Bichon BookShop (Portal Stone > Page 1 > Shops > BookShop) and talk to the shopkeeper who'll repair the book and translate it for you. - You need to be reborn level 75+ before you can translate it though. You can also translate ProtectionField and DamageField (RB Warrior spells) with the shopkeeper outside the book shop - They don't need MissingPages to make those books, they drop in PB from the SuperOmas as a whole book.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for the info. One last question. Rebirth. Do I just hit 90 and *pow* or is there a process involving travelling and clicking on NPCs.

Ty.

Thanks very much for the info. One last question. Rebirth. Do I just hit 90 and *pow* or is there a process involving travelling and clicking on NPCs.

Ty.

The second you reach level 90 from level 89, your Exp is reset and you put back to level 60.

Do poison kills count? Say I went somewhere high lvl and jst poisoned the mobs and ran around till they died, would I get exp? As I think I did this to a couple of mobs but got no exp. But I can't be sure.

I'm not sure of the exact details, but generally, no; mobs dying from poison alone won't credit you. Even if you stop attacking a mob for too long and then it dies from poison, you won't get the kill. As a general rule of thumb, I find that if the mob HP bar doesn't show for you then you probably won't get the kill, so ensure pets stay on it or fire off an occasional SFB.

I can't edit my post so I'll just add this here.

If you ever get the chance to buy Curse, don't. The spell doesn't work. Categorically the worst 5mill I've spent.

Cheers

i actually noticed u can summon 2 pets at lvl 64 and a half

Back