Kit/Gear Kinda Question | The Legend of Mir

Kit/Gear Kinda Question

Mustafa13

What would ultimately happen if a warrior were to fill in the majority of his item slots with Fury Runes (Physical Attack 1%) and lets say he basically he added
23 Fury Runes and 6 DC 10's (he has 2 bezelled braces). Would this be a problem or a disadvantage in any way? I know Fury Runes are much more rare and expensive than dc 10's but i always get a feeling that if you were to use too much fury runes the kit would be disbalanced and would be a failure as you'd prob get more DC if the ratio between fury runes and dc 10s were 1:1 on kit, can anyone confirm this please?

PA MA SA is capped at 75% (not sure when this was introduced ) , I am a tao so not sure if different with DC PA but I found there sort of becomes a negative effect after nearly maxing SA as rage pot has little or no effect as capped at 75% SA but my base number is quite high . Using Zades calculator which is a little confusing I still looking for a sweet spot where I can max my SA along with good SC to get best of both worlds , If your planning to use Rage pots then to get max benefit from those then PA MA SA 55% rest DC SC MC , if not then everyday bashing etc. then I guess you like myself must seek that sweet spot where both give max benefits.... some spells like high base SC MC DC I guess its horses for courses and what you plan to do each hunt etc. ... you can have very high DC but low Base DC or lower high end DC but high base DC end it's a bit of minefield , if you have a mate with similar gear and trust them, try swapping around bits to see if you get a happy medium before committing .
Good luck in finding that sweet spot.

PA MA SA is capped at 75% (not sure when this was introduced ) , I am a tao so not sure if different with DC PA but I found there sort of becomes a negative effect after nearly maxing SA as rage pot has little or no effect as capped at 75% SA but my base number is quite high . Using Zades calculator which is a little confusing I still looking for a sweet spot where I can max my SA along with good SC to get best of both worlds , If your planning to use Rage pots then to get max benefit from those then PA MA SA 55% rest DC SC MC , if not then everyday bashing etc. then I guess you like myself must seek that sweet spot where both give max benefits.... some spells like high base SC MC DC I guess its horses for courses and what you plan to do each hunt etc. ... you can have very high DC but low Base DC or lower high end DC but high base DC end it's a bit of minefield , if you have a mate with similar gear and trust them, try swapping around bits to see if you get a happy medium before committing .
Good luck in finding that sweet spot.
Thanks, im a bit worried currently as the majority of my kit is in fury runes and I just feel like im missing out on that sweet spot, i've got 65% PA with 50% fire damage, hopefully i can figure out that sweet spot soon

Your DC and PA varies more than you realise, for example you won't be on rage pots / heroic pots all the time, you use them when needed, and PA torches too. Then there's buffs etc. and DC pots, and you'll sometimes change rings for clear/para etc.

For that reason there will never be a perfect answer for where the sweet spot is

You can calculate the relative value of a DC10 or PA1% socket though, I'll use the example you gave

1500 DC with 65% PA
That 1500 is calculated with 65% bonus already added, so divide by 1.65 to find the original DC before the PA bonus was applied, in this case it is 909. So if you add another 1% PA then it will add 1% of 909 which is 9, you'll get 1509 DC
Meanwhile if you add DC10, then that 10 is multiplied by the PA bonus, so it would be 10x1.65 = 16, so you'll get 1516 DC

Bear in mind that's only the max DC, I generally don't bother to calculate the lower value because everyone has max crit anyway so will always hit max. Only time you need to care about the lower value is in pvp where crit doesn't affect it the way it does with pve

Your DC and PA varies more than you realise, for example you won't be on rage pots / heroic pots all the time, you use them when needed, and PA torches too. Then there's buffs etc. and DC pots, and you'll sometimes change rings for clear/para etc.

For that reason there will never be a perfect answer for where the sweet spot is

You can calculate the relative value of a DC10 or PA1% socket though, I'll use the example you gave

1500 DC with 65% PA
That 1500 is calculated with 65% bonus already added, so divide by 1.65 to find the original DC before the PA bonus was applied, in this case it is 909. So if you add another 1% PA then it will add 1% of 909 which is 9, you'll get 1509 DC
Meanwhile if you add DC10, then that 10 is multiplied by the PA bonus, so it would be 10x1.65 = 16, so you'll get 1516 DC

Bear in mind that's only the max DC, I generally don't bother to calculate the lower value because everyone has max crit anyway so will always hit max. Only time you need to care about the lower value is in pvp where crit doesn't affect it the way it does with pve
Thank you for the response, finding it a bit tricky to understand.. so you're saying if i add 1 fury rune i would gain 9 dc but if i added 1 dc 10 i'd gain 16? So this means DC 10 is superior than fury rune? and i should stop adding fury runes onto my gear?

Also what method would you recommend for someone who wants to maximise their DC what PA to DC ratio should they use in terms of runes?

Also sorry to go of subject but can anyone tell me what magic find actually does cos I hear alot of different things I.e helps upgrading items or increased chances of skill books dropping.

@Zade my mistake was i thought that PA 1% adds 1% of your current DC , so if i had 1500 dc it would give me 15 DC but according to what you said this is false and that PA 1% only adds 1% of your True DC (the dc without the DC multiplier aka PA) and its the opposite now, DC 10 would give me 15 DC but fury rune would give me 9

Also sorry to go of subject but can anyone tell me what magic find actually does cos I hear alot of different things I.e helps upgrading items or increased chances of skill books dropping.
Magic find is when you open an item, if u have higher magic find item should have higher luck to be higher stars when u unscroll it, not 100% sure though never believed in it but this was what ive been told

A character in total would have 28 empty slots (not including bezelled for equality's sake here).
Does this mean for the ultimate best potential kit one would have to add 14 DC 10's and 14 PA 1%'s? Would this be the highest DC achieveable?

@zad48231 @Gritt thank you both you've helped me understand a lot.

Thank you for the response, finding it a bit tricky to understand.. so you're saying if i add 1 fury rune i would gain 9 dc but if i added 1 dc 10 i'd gain 16? So this means DC 10 is superior than fury rune? and i should stop adding fury runes onto my gear?

Also what method would you recommend for someone who wants to maximise their DC what PA to DC ratio should they use in terms of runes?
Only in that specific example. The ratio changes dramatically depending on what your kit is

GM has explained on here somewhere (although I can't find the post) that it increases the chance of items that drop being unidentified. It doesn't affect how good the item will be. Essentially it's not particularly useful as the ratios are so high it's pretty rare for fresh items to drop that are already identified anyway

A character in total would have 28 empty slots (not including bezelled for equality's sake here).
Does this mean for the ultimate best potential kit one would have to add 14 DC 10's and 14 PA 1%'s? Would this be the highest DC achieveable?

@zad48231 @Gritt thank you both you've helped me understand a lot.
The ratio completely depends on the total DC of your kit, which won't even remain constant as you'll have different buffs and pots going at any time, and may swap kit around.

Use the tool on my site to help you judge it, but remember it will be different depending on what buffs and pots you have on. It seems a lot of people struggle with the maths around this

Don't get too hung up on it, nothing is "ruined". It really doesn't make a huge difference unless you are going for properly top end gear, don't waste gg on doing that until you're at the top levels as you'll just outgrow the kit anyway and it'll be gg in the bin

1500 DC with 65% PA

I'm not actually adding anything constructive to the chat here, because this is definitely Zade's area, but I would just like to say this post that I've quoted needs laminating or something! It explains the whole system so simply and I never even understood it until I read this.

What I'd say Mustafa is that if you have a fully runed high end kit, then you have definitely got a good kit by my standards lol

I'm not actually adding anything constructive to the chat here, because this is definitely Zade's area, but I would just like to say this post that I've quoted needs laminating or something! It explains the whole system so simply and I never even understood it until I read this.

What I'd say Mustafa is that if you have a fully runed high end kit, then you have definitely got a good kit by my standards lol
Haha thank you, think i've got the gist of it now and i'll try Zade's tool.

The system is indeed very complicated and Zade has done a really good job explaining this topic, well done and thanks for the contributions.

Maybe in the future this thread can be made into a stick or perhaps Warda/Scorp could make their own thread (if they haven't already) and explain it all from beginning to end, that would be very good information tbh

Last edited:
For % to work you need the #. So going with kit full of PA1% is waste, you need dc stones in order for % to increase.

Pa are great on top end gear which standard dc is already very high on.

as gritt said 75 is the cap. Take off a hero pot and touch and 45 is your target pa %. Obviously the more you can craft that number on your gear the less runes you need to use.

now let’s really through a cat amongst the pigeons. Unless your purely playing for PK you do not want to focus all your rune slots on dc / pa (attack). ACC plays an important part of your attacks. Pointless having 2.5k dc but your acc is low so your fighting mobs pure AC. If your ACC is higher than the mobs then you actually need less dc and can do more damage. Agil also is another factor but we will leave that for another day

Lol AlsirAl you're gonna be unpopular!

What happens when you finally hit that sweet spot, have no MDR or Fireguard and come across a wizard with capped PDR and high agil?

Damn this game can be tough

Pa are great on top end gear which standard dc is already very high on.

as gritt said 75 is the cap. Take off a hero pot and touch and 45 is your target pa %. Obviously the more you can craft that number on your gear the less runes you need to use.

now let’s really through a cat amongst the pigeons. Unless your purely playing for PK you do not want to focus all your rune slots on dc / pa (attack). ACC plays an important part of your attacks. Pointless having 2.5k dc but your acc is low so your fighting mobs pure AC. If your ACC is higher than the mobs then you actually need less dc and can do more damage. Agil also is another factor but we will leave that for another day
Thanks for this very detailed explanation, just one question if your accuracy is really high say at cap, would you deal extra damage or so to the mobs or paralyze them more frequently? I've heard this rumor quite a lot and there's another saying that the higher accuracy u have the more often bloodlust procs

Back