Items missing from NPC store: cannot complete Emily quest | The Legend of Mir

Items missing from NPC store: cannot complete Emily quest

Olivander

The bronze sword is missing from Travis' inventory, so you cannot complete that quest, which stumps a new player pretty early in the game.

Travis' inventory seems to be full of other items , including items sold by players.

This seems similar to the issues in Tristram where id scrolls go missing.

Are the items getting pushed down? Ran out? sorted to the bottom? just m.i.a. ?

I noticed this yesterday. For low level players who need bronze sword for this quest, if shop doesn't have them in stock then they drop from scarecrows fairly common so shouldn't take too long to find.

The quests are designed for hunting and not buying from shop (although that can save time)

I would normally agree with this, but the very early quests are designed to teach people how to play the game at the very basics, and that particular one is teaching you how to use a shop npc

I would normally agree with this, but the very early quests are designed to teach people how to play the game at the very basics, and that particular one is teaching you how to use a shop npc

Thought that was the buying a pot though ;)

Regardless of this I’m pretty sure one would drop within the first 5 mins of play even for someone who doesn’t know how to play

Thought that was the buying a pot though ;)

Regardless of this I’m pretty sure one would drop within the first 5 mins of play even for someone who doesn’t know how to play

Yeah they are about 1/20 drop from scarecrows, easy enough to get but the quest text tells you to buy from shop, hence the confusion. I only know about this in detail because my son was playing at the weekend and he had to ask me if he was looking at the wrong shop. I ended up helping him to kill some scarecrows to get it.

If I recall, the NPC is intentionally designed not to sell the bronze sword anyway - just by chance players would find it in the shop from others selling it quite often so it looked as though it was a regularly stocked item. As you guys rightly put it, the aim was to hunt for it, not buy it.

If I recall, the NPC is intentionally designed not to sell the bronze sword anyway - just by chance players would find it in the shop from others selling it quite often so it looked as though it was a regularly stocked item. As you guys rightly put it, the aim was to hunt for it, not buy it.

Thanks for correcting me. Seeeeee *points at everyone* I'm not always right hahaha

Back