Ingame emails | The Legend of Mir

Ingame emails

zad48231

Leading Contributor
This functionality has been ingame as long as I've known, but nobody I know of uses it, and I don't think most people even know about it.

Would it be possible to make it more obvious that there's an email in someone's inbox? If I send someone an ingame email all it does is show up a notice in the same corner as exp/gold gained, which nobody really looks at, after that the only way they'd know is if they press P then click the email tab, which nobody ever does.

My proposal is to replace the "Energise" button next to game shop button, since it doesn't do anything anyway, and put there a number of unread emails. And also make it easier for people to know how to send them.

Currently you can only send emails to people who are on your friends list, via the context menu or by /@name message
Most people seem to have a hard enough time understanding guild ally chat, never mind another method of typing a message, so some kind of way to make that clearer would be useful.

The reason I suggest this is I want to be helpful to everyone and hate ignoring pms, but they are just so many and so often I'm not getting to do anything, which gets really frustrating. I'd love to be able to tell people to just send me ingame email and I'll answer them later when I'm not hunting.

Back