i need higher resolution!! | The Legend of Mir

i need higher resolution!!

shiba

Newby
omg... the resolution is too LOW!! my monitor got huge black bars each side of the screen if I wanna play full screen, I need higher the resolution! my monitor 4k, if cant 4k AT LEAST support 1080p... like omg how can you play with that kinda of low res???????? i got high hope for this game now its all ruined i am disappointed as soon as im in the game not even started just bcuz the RESOULTION !!

you what? mir is a 20year+ old game... dont be expecting top of the range pixels and stuff with ur 4k screen (nice) ... cause it aint gonna happen lol

- - - Updated - - -

regarding resolution... i think its down to your computer or monitor settings...

you what? mir is a 20year+ old game... dont be expecting top of the range pixels and stuff with ur 4k screen (nice) ... cause it aint gonna happen lol

- - - Updated - - -

regarding resolution... i think its down to your computer or monitor settings...
i can't possible play with that res, its beyond disappointed, its game breaking, thats how people leave and new player turned away...

i may be, and for old game like Mir, server admin don't need high res and still can get some market, but if you see this message i hope you take my suggestion about adding high res support and im sure im not the only one who'd support it.

i may be, and for old game like Mir, server admin don't need high res and still can get some market, but if you see this message i hope you take my suggestion about adding high res support and im sure im not the only one who'd support it.

Buuu ! I like it the way it are. Mir 2

Nothing to do with resolution. Your graphics card will scale properly for 4k. It's the ratio. Mir was designed in 4:3 ratio back when most monitors were CRT, now we mostly use 16:9 so there will be a black bar at each side of the screen equal to 1/6th of your monitor width.

Making it work for 16:9 ratio would require a huge rewrite of every graphic and sprite to be redrawn. 100% will never happen.

If you can't handle a game like that then retro games are not for you, go play fortnite with the rest of your school buddies

Last edited:
Nothing to do with resolution. Your graphics card will scale properly for 4k. It's the ratio. Mir was designed in 4:3 ratio back when most monitors were CRT, now we mostly use 16:9 so there will be a black bar at each side of the screen equal to 1/6th of your monitor width.

Making it work for 16:9 ratio would require a huge rewrite of every graphic and sprite to be redrawn. 100% will never happen.

If you can't handle a game like that then retro games are not for you, go play fortnite with the rest of your school buddies

You are getting more and more "annoyed" for every msg on the forum :highly_amused:
What happend with "i am the friendlyes dude on earth Zade" :victorious:

See u in game m8

You are getting more and more "annoyed" for every msg on the forum :highly_amused:
What happend with "i am the friendlyes dude on earth Zade" :victorious:

See u in game m8

My mood is like the weather mate. When it's sunny outside I'm sunny inside. Today it's cold and miserable and so am I :)

Posters here are right. If we went to 4k your character would be an ant and you'd see most of Bichon Wall on your screen. Makes it a little awkward really.

We may go widescreen at some point but there is little reason to (it scales well enough as it is) and it means a new interface and other modifications to make the game playable and fair.

It sounds at least you are running in full screen mode so I won't tell you to do that - however, you should configure your display drivers to suit your requirements. This is usually a display driver setting for stretch to fit.

You can even google your original complaint "black bars each side of the screen" and find a solution to your hardware problem

Back