Question - Help | The Legend of Mir

Question Help

Mir2 game was released in 2001. Most computers built in the last 15 years should play it with ease.
Partially accurate, but there have been significant updates to the game engine and rendering

It really doesn't use much memory, modern windows runs on 8GB which is usable, but personally I'd say have at least 16 if you can. More than that won't give you any benefit

Disk, use an SSD rather than a HDD. Solid state is a lot faster and you'll definitely notice the difference when changing maps. Amount of storage is minimal, you don't need to consider it unless you're looking at seriously old machines

CPU, look up the processor you're considering on https://www.cpubenchmark.net/CPU_mega_page.html and look at the mark score. This is probably the most important thing, below 1000 score the game will run slowly. I'd say you want 5k+ for a comfortable experience, 10k+ if you're committed to pvp and want to see FPS cap

Partially accurate, but there have been significant updates to the game engine and rendering

It really doesn't use much memory, modern windows runs on 8GB which is usable, but personally I'd say have at least 16 if you can. More than that won't give you any benefit

Disk, use an SSD rather than a HDD. Solid state is a lot faster and you'll definitely notice the difference when changing maps. Amount of storage is minimal, you don't need to consider it unless you're looking at seriously old machines

CPU, look up the processor you're considering on https://www.cpubenchmark.net/CPU_mega_page.html and look at the mark score. This is probably the most important thing, below 1000 score the game will run slowly. I'd say you want 5k+ for a comfortable experience, 10k+ if you're committed to pvp and want to see FPS cap
Thank you so much for this information I will see today about the new pc what I will get

It's worth noting that even with a pretty good PC, the game still runs crap hahah.

(I have a pretty beefy PC, set up for flight simming with top graphics settings, yet mir2 only plays at 65 FPS hahahaha).

It's worth noting that even with a pretty good PC, the game still runs crap hahah.

(I have a pretty beefy PC, set up for flight simming with top graphics settings, yet mir2 only plays at 65 FPS hahahaha).

It uses a lot of Disk memory when you run it, I have once been told that it is best if you have multiple SSD and have Mir on its own one then it is smooth, don’t know why and never been clever enough with PCs to muck around and do it

Yeah i bought a gaming laptop for 1.3k it's completely new gen and stuff, I've put the GPU on Ultimate and the CPU on Turbo mode, on game i usually have 65-70 fps, and during wars its 30-50 which i find very odd surely i should have 90 fps all the time like some other players do

I have heard of some players running the game at 90 fps but I have no idea how, been trying to boost my fps up as the difference between 60fps and 90 is insane so that would give me a good advantage in PvP, any info would be appreciated

It uses a lot of Disk memory when you run it, I have once been told that it is best if you have multiple SSD and have Mir on its own one then it is smooth, don’t know why and never been clever enough with PCs to muck around and do it
Having 2 SSD seems a bit much just for playing mir2 hahaha.

I remember having a PC that played it better in 2008. TBH, it's probably something with the newer operating systems and me being too lazy to use compatibility mode.

Perhaps the trick is really to use older tech and run it on Windows 2000. 😄 😄 😄 😄

Bear in mind while it ran 'perfectly' on old operating systems and old PCs before SSDs were even invented and we all had single core CPUs... You have to remember it's all relative. If you had 30fps back then you were a god among men. Rose-tinted spectacles and all that 😎

That said, I can't imagine any benefit to having multiple SSDs in this context, disk reads aren't generally a bottleneck unless you're using an HDD

Trust me guys.. I use to work at Mir FAQ department… install 2 SSD, the top of the range graphics card and processor, with max RAM space and also use direct Ethernet cable instead of wifi and get the most gb speed internet package that is available for your area, and then get back to me 😂

Trust me guys.. I use to work at Mir FAQ department… install 2 SSD, the top of the range graphics card and processor, with max RAM space and also use direct Ethernet cable instead of wifi and get the most gb speed internet package that is available for your area, and then get back to me 😂
I have an SSD but two SSDs damn? for a 20 year old game? madness

Might be madness but that’s what your competing against

it’s funny in wars watching people brag about their pvp skills when 50% of it has nothing to do with skill and relies on your pc and internet connection
Very true, Pvp is 50% all about fps and connection, the other 50% is skill

I'm just saying what I was told a very, very long time ago and that was before skills and armours/weapons graphics were revamped, upgraded and become more demanding on your machine.

I was told that installing and playing mir from it's own SSD will make it run the smoothest. My brother in law is currently upgrading my main PC but actually now I think about it, he may have forgotten because its been a while lol

I'm just saying what I was told a very, very long time ago and that was before skills and armours/weapons graphics were revamped, upgraded and become more demanding on your machine.

I was told that installing and playing mir from it's own SSD will make it run the smoothest. My brother in law is currently upgrading my main PC but actually now I think about it, he may have forgotten because its been a while lol
It might make a small difference, but unless you're doing a windows update at the same time or some other heavy lifting process, then you're unlikely to notice any difference. Modern SSDs are plenty fast enough

It won't make it any worse for sure, so if budget isn't a concern then go for it. But if you're building to a budget atd already have one SSD, I'd prioritise getting a better processor before I'd think about a second drive

It might make a small difference, but unless you're doing a windows update at the same time or some other heavy lifting process, then you're unlikely to notice any difference. Modern SSDs are plenty fast enough

It won't make it any worse for sure, so if budget isn't a concern then go for it. But if you're building to a budget atd already have one SSD, I'd prioritise getting a better processor before I'd think about a second drive

And for anybody who may be reading, just to clarify, you should definitely listen to zade over me. He knows his stuff!

Back