GP Sink | The Legend of Mir

GP Sink

Alsiral

Contributor
Know this has been mentioned before but....

Any chance of a couple more Game Point “sinks”

1k for an hour in a high end lvling cave?
1k entry for a cave with high lvl of blues n red, basically allowing you to covert your personal GP into GBP at a rate of 5-1 or something
500-1k gp for a pure orb

Just a thought

Hi all I had a similar thought over the weekend. Basically when rdd used to get killed several times a day the max guild saily GBP cost was around 300 and any guild that completed it would earn 150+gbp from the rdd run it was a really fun engaging way for a guild to earn up to half their daily gbp cost.

My suggestion is to allow guilds access to diablo and baal (no-one really brothers with them anymore which is a shame) at a cost of 300 - 500GBP per player up the mob lvls to around 180 and have it so a completed run would yield roughly 350 GBP which is just over half the current daily GBP cost.

I know there's a lot more to consider I'm just thinking back to when rdd was a fun daily guild hunt and would like something like that back ingame that's worthwhile lol

1k to enter a high yield cave is too much lol. somebody has to kill 500x + blue mobs just to earn 1k GP..

I remember few months back.. just getting 100gp together to go on hunts to Ice temple was hard enough.. the amount of guild hunts i missed cause of not having enough GP. It was even more annoying when you were d/c or lagged out.. saying all that my chars got a decent 3k+ gp now and just that took me months and months to gather...

A new system to make use of GP is a great idea tho.. hopefully we be able to sell and trade GP like before too

1k to enter a high yield cave is too much lol. somebody has to kill 500x + blue mobs just to earn 1k GP..

I remember few months back.. just getting 100gp together to go on hunts to Ice temple was hard enough.. the amount of guild hunts i missed cause of not having enough GP. It was even more annoying when you were d/c or lagged out.. saying all that my chars got a decent 3k+ gp now and just that took me months and months to gather...

A new system to make use of GP is a great idea tho.. hopefully we be able to sell and trade GP like before too

Trading GP should be a no go as it’s too easy to farm them on a noob.

Why is 1k too much if the cave is mega? There’s players out there with 20k plus

The reason he had to nerf drops in BDP/RDP is because at the very start of their release they were very hard so people got very good rewards for finishing them, but eventually they got a lot easier and it turned into a farming exercise, so drops had to be reduced to avoid breaking the economy. If new higher level caves are introduced with a massive (1k+) game point entry fee, then drops can safely be kept amazing, because it won't be physically possible to farm them and will truly be a rare hunt with rare rewards.

Of course it would be lovely to see actual new content, but as a stop gap, what about clones of the current ones.

What I mean is, when you go to NPC outside the cave and click to pay your GP to enter, it gives you choices of which one to visit
Tier 1 - Free entry - Same mobs as it is now but drops reduced even more and a slight reduction in exp
Tier 2 - Exactly as it is now
Tier 3 - 500 GP entry fee, level 165+ mobs, high rate of super/champion mob spawns, high drop rate
Tier 4 - 2000 GP entry fee, level 180+ mobs, insane rate of super/champion mob spawns, insane drop rate

Last edited:

You cant farm them on noobs cause GM made changes in the past so they cant be farmed.. and 1k gp is too much for a premium cave where you can easily d/c given how hard it is to earn 1k gp in the first place.. and like i said it was difficult for me getting that 100gp ready and now you are arguing that 1k gp is nothing.. 1K is alot.. if this takes place.. at first the map might be busy cause everybody got 3k+ gp to spend.. which took them ages to gather and thats only cause there is not much other use for GP.. once use of GP is implemented properly, those few thousand GP every one has to spend will be all gone in a day.. and then they can spend another 2 months to gather enough GP to be able to use the cave again..

You cant farm them on noobs cause GM made changes in the past so they cant be farmed.. and 1k gp is too much for a premium cave where you can easily d/c given how hard it is to earn 1k gp in the first place.. and like i said it was difficult for me getting that 100gp ready and now you are arguing that 1k gp is nothing.. 1K is alot.. if this takes place.. at first the map might be busy cause everybody got 3k+ gp to spend.. which took them ages to gather and thats only cause there is not much other use for GP.. once use of GP is implemented properly, those few thousand GP every one has to spend will be all gone in a day.. and then they can spend another 2 months to gather enough GP to be able to use the cave again..

I have a level 90 char warrior with 2081 GP and a level 74 tao with 771 GP
Took maybe 2 weeks to get them to that, I just play them both at the same time while working, cos I don't need to pay too much attention to any of those 3 things :)

I have a level 90 char warrior with 2081 GP and a level 74 tao with 771 GP
Took maybe 2 weeks to get them to that, I just play them both at the same time while working, cos I don't need to pay too much attention to any of those 3 things :)

Maybe he changed it back then.. cause i remember some members were moaning about high lvl players farming GP on their noobs.. so GM did something with low lvl bosses giving GP's.. then short while after that after a patch or so you couldn't trade GP anymore..

Maybe he changed it back then.. cause i remember some members were moaning about high lvl players farming GP on their noobs.. so GM did something with low lvl bosses giving GP's.. then short while after that after a patch or so you couldn't trade GP anymore..

I'm talking about like 2 months ago, it's very possible and easy to farm GP on low level characters, the only change he made was to stop you doing it AFK

GM already said there’s thoughts towards a higher lvl rdd bdp style place. I’m on about something completely different. Just because you wouldn’t want to spend 1k gp for a cave that could give you 1/4 bill Xp at top lvl doesn’t mean others wouldn’t. It was literally just a thought. What are your thoughts to effectively cut into the gp banks of players with 15k+ may I ask?

GM already said there’s thoughts towards a higher lvl rdd bdp style place. I’m on about something completely different. Just because you wouldn’t want to spend 1k gp for a cave that could give you 1/4 bill Xp at top lvl doesn’t mean others wouldn’t. It was literally just a thought. What are your thoughts to effectively cut into the gp banks of players with 15k+ may I ask?

Cut in to my 15k (more like 4k) GP that took me 1year + to gather and only gathered cause there isnt much use for it that would benefit me anymore... ice temple and rdd are not as productive as they were before mainly because you have to clear every floor even if it gives u 5exp to get to the next floor and i aint got no time to spend hours to see it through.
My point is that it took ages to gather those GP's and i would love to use them for something useful like a new cave but not for some silly price like 1000 gp's entry fee.. thats just mad

Liars* but no honest, there was loads of blues/reds in the event and it's been constant game points in the egg hunt and now this event too! Up until Friday just gone I was at home self isolating.

lol defiantly not lies, iv had 2 weeks off work and while I usually float my GP around 3500 its now nearly 12000, and that's with spending 1k at zuwo and 1k on benes and roughly 2k on rdd and bdd entries.

Cut in to my 15k (more like 4k) GP that took me 1year + to gather and only gathered cause there isnt much use for it that would benefit me anymore... ice temple and rdd are not as productive as they were before mainly because you have to clear every floor even if it gives u 5exp to get to the next floor and i aint got no time to spend hours to see it through.
My point is that it took ages to gather those GP's and i would love to use them for something useful like a new cave but not for some silly price like 1000 gp's entry fee.. thats just mad

If you don’t have over 10k go then this really doesn’t need to bother you does it? As I’m sure u have read, there’s plans for a higher version / style of bed rdd cave, u just need to wait for that to spend ur measly 4K.

Mean while back to original point, any other thoughts on players like Aro (with 12k gp) and others with more than double that could “sink” them

This happens now not for gp but for guild points. What's the difference?

Back