Goodbye for last time | The Legend of Mir

Goodbye for last time

Well i have to say goodbye to mir for the last time, went to log on my account today aka Detour. To find that the old user who gave up the account from years ago because he left the game has done a pass retrieval. (had to be him as i never told any1 account details) So thank you to every1 that made the game enjoyable it has been a good 20 years of playing p69 then arcadia but this is final straw for me. i know alot of u will say its your own fault, yada yada yada heard it all before. Not asking for it back and trying to start a fight online. Just time to move on to bigger n better things, such a shame but hey ho.

Well i have to say goodbye to mir for the last time, went to log on my account today aka Detour. To find that the old user who gave up the account from years ago because he left the game has done a pass retrieval. (had to be him as i never told any1 account details) So thank you to every1 that made the game enjoyable it has been a good 20 years of playing p69 then arcadia but this is final straw for me. i know alot of u will say its your own fault, yada yada yada heard it all before. Not asking for it back and trying to start a fight online. Just time to move on to bigger n better things, such a shame but hey ho.
Sad to hear, maybe you could discuss this with the GM.

Also when the old user gave up the account - when you took the account are you sure you changed the email? If you changed email then its almost impossible to retrieve, the likelihood of it getting retrieved if the email has been changed years ago is very very low.

There is a new 2 Factor Authentication feature on the forums, if you enable this then nobody can log onto the forums they would require access to your phone, if you do get your account back (I hope) Please enable this feature it will secure your account.

Sad to hear, maybe you could discuss this with the GM.

Also when the old user gave up the account - when you took the account are you sure you changed the email? If you changed email then its almost impossible to retrieve, the likelihood of it getting retrieved if the email has been changed years ago is very very low.

There is a new 2 Factor Authentication feature on the forums, if you enable this then nobody can log onto the forums they would require access to your phone, if you do get your account back (I hope) Please enable this feature it will secure your account.
It's not impossible at all. It's established firmly in the rules that the original owner will always be able to get the account back regardless of any changes made. Even changing the email, the original email is still saved and sending GM an email from the email address originally used to request access will always be granted.

That said, there is precedent that was set a while ago that although the account always belongs to the original owner, the same can't be said for the items. A similar thing happened a while ago and after some investigation GM transferred the kit off the retrieved char and gave it all to the person who had earned it.

Definitely worth asking GM about anyway

It's not impossible at all. It's established firmly in the rules that the original owner will always be able to get the account back regardless of any changes made. Even changing the email, the original email is still saved and sending GM an email from the email address originally used to request access will always be granted.

That said, there is precedent that was set a while ago that although the account always belongs to the original owner, the same can't be said for the items. A similar thing happened a while ago and after some investigation GM transferred the kit off the retrieved char and gave it all to the person who had earned it.

Definitely worth asking GM about anyway
Ahh okay, I see. My bad! I didn't know this.

Wait this means any account an owner can take back an account! I have a char called Samdo on project 69 which i bought off someone 2 years ago

I believe @UnKnownAngel is the original owner of the account Samdo from many years ago,

Can you give me permission? So i can later on use this as proof if my account gets robbed, I'm quite worried right now, the fact that you could max out a char and someone else can retrieve perms and take it all off of you its.. frightening. I don't think anyone has interest in project 69 but I do take care of samdo and im thinking of making him reach the level cap soon, would totally break my heart if one day it got robbed.

Lol yeah, don't worry about it mate, Samdo is 1Million% yours and I'm just happy that the legacy lives on!

Scorpian will never retrieve another account for me ever again, because the example Zade gave included me - but to be fair, that account was in my own email and the items were, as he said, rightly given back to the person who earnt them!

Account sharing, trading and retrieving, is ultimately my biggest regret on Arcadia.

Lol yeah, don't worry about it mate, Samdo is 1Million% yours and I'm just happy that the legacy lives on!

Scorpian will never retrieve another account for me ever again, because the example Zade gave included me - but to be fair, that account was in my own email and the items were, as he said, rightly given back to the person who earnt them!

Account sharing, trading and retrieving, is ultimately my biggest regret on Arcadia.
Yep that's why I'll always focus my effort on chars I've made myself on accounts I've made myself and nobody else will ever have access to them. It's the only way to be absolutely certain. Sharing/trading is "usually" fine, but why even unlock that door, it's just inviting the possibility of something going bad. Just play the game and enjoy it.

Yeah and the hard work you put into a character or account instantly gets diluted from the minute somebody else plays on it. "Biked, paid levels" etc

ok just to update, orig owner hasnt played in years and forgot that he had given account away, he has since contacted me and returned the account to me and started his own new char. I must say i didnt expect it but fair play to him.
Very pleased, you are lucky that the orig owner is a decent person.

Very pleased, you are lucky that the orig owner is a decent person.

i totally agree , a very decent person. all my kit was still there, only thing missing was my champ pet from bdp, but im guessing it timed out as he probably forgot or didnt know about retaming pets before timer ran out. Can always get another pet though just need a group to go bdp now ;) ;)

ok just to update, orig owner hasnt played in years and forgot that he had given account away, he has since contacted me and returned the account to me and started his own new char. I must say i didnt expect it but fair play to him.
Great news :)

Who are you? I don’t recognise the nam…number lol glad you got it sorted though. But in all fairness, starting a new character and making it all the way yourself, is by far the best way to go.

Account sharing is just a no go for me, because of things like this.

See you in game mate 🤙🏻

Who are you? I don’t recognise the nam…number lol glad you got it sorted though. But in all fairness, starting a new character and making it all the way yourself, is by far the best way to go.

Account sharing is just a no go for me, because of things like this.

See you in game mate 🤙🏻

Haven't been online since we spoke and I lent you those bits and bobs. Glad to see you're still part of the community mate, you only bring positive vibes 💯

Back