Gold | The Legend of Mir

Gold

Alsiral

Contributor
A post for discussion about gold!

As you all know, at the reboot for event (Halloween) gold prices for selling items was nuked! There was speculation amount players if this was just for event or forever. Since todays reboot has not reverted the changes, I feel maybe now is the time to discuss!

There’s a few people, (I’m not actually one of them) who are very upset by the gold changes. Some of the socket and myth prices were set in a previous time when they acted as a “gold sink” and now these same prices just seem unrealistic

Potential changes: (obviously not all)
Increase gold from hunting! A strong 50% increase would be solid
Triple Midas mythic effect, let’s face it no one uses it, why not make it useful
Increase drops of “relic type items” that sell for a decent amount of gold, items from bosses, maybe an np who can buy the ones that are not tradeable
Increase prices of current items from bosses, some are 50k yet some noob stuff is 500k (witches in zt is just a gold farm atm)

Any other ideas and thoughts?

Yeah, I am not really sure where Scorp is going with this.

If it is to try and force me into buying from gold sellers well, I am afraid, that simply will not happen and I fail to see how this is of advantage to the server.

If I had to use my gg to buy gold from Scorp I would understand. This would put my money into his pocket and help keep the game going. But, putting it into the pocket of someone who has the luck to be sitting on billions is just... silly? How does this benefit the longevity of the server?

More importantly, why is there a need to make this aspect so, so difficult? There are plenty of 'challenging' aspects to this game. Most of which partly require gold to achieve.

Over the last few years my main source of funds has been from Xmas, Easter and Halloween events due to the dire normal play drop rates. I was OK with this. Three times a year, if I pumped GG into the game, I would get enough gold from item sales to a vendor to maybe add a myth socket and then have enough to pay for repairs, gemming, whatever until the next event.

This year, that opportunity has been denied, but all the other costs remain the same. All I hoped to achieve at the end of this event was to have enough gold to add a socket to an Elysian ring and then socket a source. I need 230m just to open the socket.

I think, at the end of the event I had about 40m. This has now dwindled to 17m during normal play. Admittedly, as I was playing the event I was gemming to orbing quite a lot and I haven't sold my event drops*, but I know I will not get anywhere near 230m. I also know that 230m might as well be 230 trillion in normal play gold drop rates.

With respect Scorp, please either have this as a server where we have feast and famine or one where we have a regular, realistic drops. At the moment I will never socket that ring and all I see is my metrics; gold, gg, DS, Loyalty points, go down, even as my level goes up. Please remember that 'harder' is not always 'better'.

If you intend on keeping prices unrealistically high and my income unrealistically low then something has to give and I suspect it will be my patience.

*Not until I know if this is 'as intended'.

I love it. People used to go on hunts for the purpose of making gold, over time that fell away because gold was sooooo easy to make, everyone had plenty. Scorp had to introduce massive gold sinks to deal with it. Despite the gold sinks, gold bar prices were at an all time low, I remember seeing them at 45+ gg per bar, in recent times you'd be lucky to sell one for 10gg. Something had to give. Let's all go out and do what we used to do and go hunt for gold. Make gold farming great again!

I love it. People used to go on hunts for the purpose of making gold, over time that fell away because gold was sooooo easy to make, everyone had plenty. Scorp had to introduce massive gold sinks to deal with it. Despite the gold sinks, gold bar prices were at an all time low, I remember seeing them at 45+ gg per bar, in recent times you'd be lucky to sell one for 10gg. Something had to give. Let's all go out and do what we used to do and go hunt for gold. Make gold farming great again!
This is something I'd be saying if I had billions of gold stored up :sneaky:

Im a new player, gold at the moment is a tough one to crack, The moment i seem to reach 20m it costs me 10m+ on repairs on my current gear, making it nigh on impossible to effectively farm gold as duras blitz down so fast (as a warr) I dont know what it was like before, but im struggling to keep up the hunting atm :) x

Im a new player, gold at the moment is a tough one to crack, The moment i seem to reach 20m it costs me 10m+ on repairs on my current gear, making it nigh on impossible to effectively farm gold as duras blitz down so fast (as a warr) I dont know what it was like before, but im struggling to keep up the hunting atm :) x

It was as dire before as it is now. Drops haven't changed. Costs haven't changed. Sale prices, unfortunately have.

As a warrior, I would 100% recommend a toughening oil. Its a disproportionate cost to warriors but that's the way things are.

Farming gold via killing mobs is a bit of a waste of time. The drops really are a joke.

However, you can sell items, such as flowers, to supplement your meagre gold drops. There are other things you can kill but they will be camped.

Welcome to mir, struggle be thy name :(

I want to level casually but the cost of repairs are a bit too much, i can't make back some gold from repairs during leveling, toughening oil sold by traders are like 3-4mil even u use GG u equate to todays market to gold thats almost that price (that's how they selling it). Thats the cost of my weapon coming to dura 1 from dura 55 to special repair which would last way way longer lvling compared to 3 hours (toughening oil duration) which is not worth it for leveling, so i do without it, those dead mob gold u killed gives u like wat gold amount 3k-8k+? And not all gives gold.

Bottom line is leveling is a bore with such gold drops its appalling...with bag space so limited u also cba to collect trinkets (swiftwhistle/peacebloom etc) dropped by mobs to sell to NPC, simply said the gold u make cannot cover the cost of repairs.

Last edited:
I want to level casually but the cost of repairs are a bit too much, i can't make back some gold from repairs during leveling, toughening oil sold by traders are like 3-4mil even u use GG u equate to todays market to gold thats almost that price (that's how they selling it). Thats the cost of my weapon coming to dura 1 from dura 55 to special repair which would last way way longer lvling compared to 3 hours (toughening oil duration) which is not worth it for leveling, so i do without it, those dead mob gold u killed gives u like wat gold amount 3k-8k+? And not all gives gold.

Bottom line is leveling is a bore with such gold drops its appalling...with bag space so limited u also cba to collect trinkets (swiftwhistle/peacebloom etc) dropped by mobs to sell to NPC, simply said the gold u make cannot cover the cost of repairs.

The bit you said about wanting to level casually but can’t is actually what has been a mental block for me for about 6 months now. But in the past I could atleast make gold to buy a toughening oil from Butcha and then make it back plus some during the hunt. But you see once I crack a 6gg toughening oil I feel I’ve got to commit to those 3 hours straight away and if I log off then when I come back I’ve got to continue with it and that could take me 4 days to find 3 hours to game. So it drags on and I get fed up of feeling like I’ve gotta use gg to casually play the game. It’s a joke, I’d rather pay a £10 monthly subscription on WoW and then atleast I can reach the same level as everybody if I matched the time and effort that they put in. (I don’t currently play WoW it’s just my way of justifying not paying for £15 of gg every two weeks just to feel like I can peacefully play)

Yeah, the bag space thing is a bind. It was awesome when you could actually collect what dropped for you and then sell on AH while out hunting, but actually being able to collect and sell what you had drop for you was seen as 'bad'.

An obvious solution is to make items stack rather than take up individual bag spaces allowing the player to actually pick up what they have 'earned' but this would bring in more gold for the individual and its probably seen as 'bad' too.

🙄

The bit you said about wanting to level casually but can’t is actually what has been a mental block for me for about 6 months now. But in the past I could atleast make gold to buy a toughening oil from Butcha and then make it back plus some during the hunt. But you see once I crack a 6gg toughening oil I feel I’ve got to commit to those 3 hours straight away and if I log off then when I come back I’ve got to continue with it and that could take me 4 days to find 3 hours to game. So it drags on and I get fed up of feeling like I’ve gotta use gg to casually play the game. It’s a joke, I’d rather pay a £10 monthly subscription on WoW and then atleast I can reach the same level as everybody if I matched the time and effort that they put in. (I don’t currently play WoW it’s just my way of justifying not paying for £15 of gg every two weeks just to feel like I can peacefully play)
Ye thats why i said its not worth it at least for me, because if i use it i have to spend 3-4mil (6gg) a pop every 3hr or so, which is more expensive. By not using it you go level with full dura u could last few days and when ur dura hits low, u can't even make back the gold for repairs.

As @dote mentioned items drop should be stackable so we can collect items and sell to npc, make lvling more fun, mobs gold drop should be increased alot more, what can 3k-8k gold drop do? That's tight. Way too far to earn back at least 3/4 of the repair cost.

please stop talking

please stop talking
So, imagine a world where penguins could fly – like, picture them gracefully soaring through the sky with their tuxedo-like feathers catching the wind. Now, that would be a sight to behold! And speaking of flying, did you know that a bumblebee's wings beat about 200 times per second? It's like they've got their own built-in turbo mode.

Now, let's pivot to the deep mysteries of the ocean. Did you ever ponder why jellyfish are called jellyfish? I mean, they're not made of jelly, and they're definitely not fish! It's like calling a pineapple a spiky apple – linguistic oddities, right?

And don't even get me started on the existential question of whether a hotdog is a sandwich. I mean, it's nestled in a bun, but is it really in the same category as your classic ham and cheese? Food for thought, literally!

Speaking of food, did you know that the world's largest pizza ever made was over 13,000 square feet? That's a pizza big enough to have its own postal code!

Oh, and have you ever wondered if clouds have favorite shapes? Like, do they look at each other and say, "Hey, cumulus, nice fluffy formation today!" The mysteries of the skies are truly captivating.

Now, buckle up, we're just getting started on this conversational roller-coaster!

So, imagine a world where penguins could fly – like, picture them gracefully soaring through the sky with their tuxedo-like feathers catching the wind. Now, that would be a sight to behold! And speaking of flying, did you know that a bumblebee's wings beat about 200 times per second? It's like they've got their own built-in turbo mode.

Now, let's pivot to the deep mysteries of the ocean. Did you ever ponder why jellyfish are called jellyfish? I mean, they're not made of jelly, and they're definitely not fish! It's like calling a pineapple a spiky apple – linguistic oddities, right?

And don't even get me started on the existential question of whether a hotdog is a sandwich. I mean, it's nestled in a bun, but is it really in the same category as your classic ham and cheese? Food for thought, literally!

Speaking of food, did you know that the world's largest pizza ever made was over 13,000 square feet? That's a pizza big enough to have its own postal code!

Oh, and have you ever wondered if clouds have favorite shapes? Like, do they look at each other and say, "Hey, cumulus, nice fluffy formation today!" The mysteries of the skies are truly captivating.

Now, buckle up, we're just getting started on this conversational roller-coaster!
i actually much preferred reading this, just say stuff like this instead.

Just lower the gold costs of everything (Repairs/Special Repairs, Sockets, MythSockets, Scrolls, OrbsCrafting etc.) according the same % you lowered prices of items sell to shop. Less gold ingame, which suppose was the main purpose of reduce, but we can make enough gold to handle all the above.

Back