Feature Request - Gold has become ridiculous | The Legend of Mir

Feature Request Gold has become ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustafa13

Hi there,

I'm writing to say I'm really frustrated with how hard it is to get gold in Arcadia and how expensive it is to socket items.
Currently,100 million gold is priced at 250 game gold. Therefore, for 400 million gold, you would require 1,000 game gold, equivalent to nearly £100.
Getting gold is tough and feels like it takes too much time. It's unbalanced, and players like me struggle to gather enough gold for the game.

Also, the prices for mythic socketing items are crazy. Needing 400 million gold for just one item is way too much. It puts a big burden on players and makes it almost impossible for us to improve our gear and enjoy the game.

I get that games need a good economy, but the way Arcadia handles gold and socketing costs is pushing away dedicated players like me. It's discouraging, especially for those who can't or don't want to spend real money on virtual stuff.

Please rethink how gold works and how much it costs to socket items in Arcadia. A fair and player-friendly system will keep more players around and make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Thanks,
DragonKarma

1704836572241.png

@Scorpian
Please consider reducing the cost of mythic socketing and item socketing, its far too expensive and unaffordable for the majority of players.

Thank you.

Whist I understand your frustration, I can see this being an issue for players who have paid the price for their upgrades already. Won;t they feel cheated if the price is reduced?

I am not a high enough level to be in a position to have am item which I would be investing lots of time and effort to mythic it but when I get there I expect it’s going to cost lots of sweat and tears. I think the final upgrades are meant to be hard.

Whist I understand your frustration, I can see this being an issue for players who have paid the price for their upgrades already. Won;t they feel cheated if the price is reduced?

I am not a high enough level to be in a position to have am item which I would be investing lots of time and effort to mythic it but when I get there I expect it’s going to cost lots of sweat and tears. I think the final upgrades are meant to be hard.
That happens with everything in the game, it's part of the evolution of the game content. Think about everyone who bought a jaguar necklace, then a drake necklace, then an icedrake necklace etc., rev rings, para rings. All reduced in price when next one comes along. New kit comes out, old stuff drops in value. Always been the way, as players we need to expect that to happen to anything at any time

That happens with everything in the game, it's part of the evolution of the game content. Think about everyone who bought a jaguar necklace, then a drake necklace, then an icedrake necklace etc., rev rings, para rings. All reduced in price when next one comes along. New kit comes out, old stuff drops in value. Always been the way, as players we need to expect that to happen to anything at any time
I guess that wasn't the issue. He is talking about the gold instead of items. Market is slow and 180 rares are still above 1K. I still remember chest price around 80/90gg back in july 2023. The inflation rate is kinda serious after Halloween event. However, the beauty of this inflation is u can buy S or M runes for merely ranging from 5Mil to 15Mil and 7stars essence/ design around 8mil to 15mil. This is good for above 160 players as we normally started to upgrade kits from cele to ely. This is where u see the currency is going to be gold instead of gg.

Mythic socketing need to be brought down in price to be in line with the recent nerfs to the sell prices of items.

Not just mythic socketing but socketing in general needs a review of prices.

I also think socket prices should scale based on the level of items, not the number of sockets.

Can we please add repair costs to the disproportionate value.
My rev is 1.2m to repair in a castle and you’d do well to casually earn that in an hour of levelling. The only way you could earn close to it is by getting an item or two as collecting ingredients just is not viable when you’re trying to plough through a cave and get stuck into grinding exp

Gold wasn't nerfed like it is now back when we mythed items. Now the prices seem ridiculous to what gold you make. Everything is a struggle now, no one wants to grind hours to make a few mill, barely covers cost of a hunt 😅

Gold “sinks” were set up at prices that reflected gold drops and uni item sale rates at the time. These got nerfed and the sinks were never even adjusted

People are very quick to forget, 4-5 years ago a gold bar would sell for 40-45gg. Selling bars was the main way newbies would make gg. That price has been gradually and consistently falling over the years and many people were complaining that it was impossible to make a useful amount of gg by selling bars

At their absolute lowest, bars were down to around 7-8gg, that was unsustainable, gold was just worthless

GM tried his best to pull the bars price back up by introducing things to spend lots on, such as mythic socketing, but it made no difference and the problem kept getting worse

The only solution left for him was to reduce gold drops, which did have an impact and was maybe a little bit too far. It's a very fine balancing act and it shows how a tiny change can make a huge difference in the long term

Over the Xmas event gold was fairly plentiful and that brought the price down a bit again, but it's now creeping back up

I'm confident that GM is aware and will be taking fine-turning changes to try to stabilise the bar-gg exchange rate

Making wholesale changes like reducing prices of repairs and socketing will have an even worse effect long term, even though it will benefit many people in the short term, it's really not a solution

Anyone who is struggling to keep enough gold needs to adjust their style of ploy to be more sustainable, it's completely possible to make a profit every hunt if you are careful and considered in what you do and how you do it

Ok, 4-5+ years ago the game was also thriving in terms of active user count compared to todays numbers meaning more people are out getting drops and bringing in gold to the economy, added to the fact that gold was so much easier to come by during those times than it currently is today. So not only the gold bar prices were more expensive, there was more gold for sale on the market, supply & demand drove those prices.

That increased supply & demand factor just isn't there today, meaning that Butcha lowers his gold bar price to attract buyers.

I would throw a cat amongst the pigeons and think that maybe there is a fresh server being developed in the background like there was in 2012 when development went eerily quiet on p69.

Hi there,

I'm writing to say I'm really frustrated with how hard it is to get gold in Arcadia and how expensive it is to socket items.
Currently,100 million gold is priced at 250 game gold. Therefore, for 400 million gold, you would require 1,000 game gold, equivalent to nearly £100.
Getting gold is tough and feels like it takes too much time. It's unbalanced, and players like me struggle to gather enough gold for the game.

Also, the prices for mythic socketing items are crazy. Needing 400 million gold for just one item is way too much. It puts a big burden on players and makes it almost impossible for us to improve our gear and enjoy the game.

I get that games need a good economy, but the way Arcadia handles gold and socketing costs is pushing away dedicated players like me. It's discouraging, especially for those who can't or don't want to spend real money on virtual stuff.

Please rethink how gold works and how much it costs to socket items in Arcadia. A fair and player-friendly system will keep more players around and make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Thanks,
DragonKarma

View attachment 866

As someone who uses a levelling agent to play the game for them; and mysteriously acquires items and GameGold, I find it curious you chose to complain on the effort required to upgrade what is one of the most valuable items in game - all in the name of "dedicated players"?

I know exactly where this leads. Today you ask for end game content to be made easier, tomorrow you complain that there is nothing to do.

I put it to you that you don't actually want to play the game, and you don't have the best interests of the server in mind. You just want.

You need not worry about that item anyway. Since it was acquired though illegitimate means I have now recovered it.

Fair.

On the topic of Gold.

It is important that Gold (a valuable resource / currency) is controlled with a reasonably balanced input and output. Otherwise Gold will either pile up or drain away. An increase in Gold input makes the game easier, but also removes a key aspect of the game (earning..).

Gold prices as sold on stalls for Game Gold since 2018:

Gold Price.png

Gold prices started the notable decrease as drop rates were increased to satisfy demand for more drops. ie more item drops = more junk items and thus more junk item sales.

It should be noted that GameGold is transferred(not consumed) to other players in this market and it is thus purely effort driven. ie Gold is obtained by effort and players decide what that effort is worth in Game Gold (which can be considered to have some £ value).

Socketing mythic items is essentially an end-game feature meant to require time and effort. Gold to GameGold prices are similar to when Mythic Socketing was added and "considered".

Note the thread that inspired the addition of Mythic Socketing

As someone who uses a levelling agent to play the game for them; and mysteriously acquires items and GameGold, I find it curious you chose to complain on the effort required to upgrade what is one of the most valuable items in game - all in the name of "dedicated players"?

I know exactly where this leads. Today you ask for end game content to be made easier, tomorrow you complain that there is nothing to do.

I put it to you that you don't actually want to play the game, and you don't have the best interests of the server in mind. You just want.

You need not worry about that item anyway. Since it was acquired though illegitimate means I have now recovered it.

Fair.
Oh no, let's talk about this message that has both right and wrong things.

Firstly, about that leveling assistant thing – seriously? I hired someone to help for just 3/4 days during an event, and I let them go right after. Almost 99.50% of the leveling on my account, I did it all by myself. Accusing me in public like this is really hurtful, especially when I did most of the work.

And about getting items, I don't do it mysteriously. I buy stuff from other players using in-game money or real cash (££). I'm a big fan of the game, spending a good 10 hours each day playing. So it's not cool for you to suggest otherwise.

Now, about that comment saying, "Don't worry about that item. I got it back because it was obtained the wrong way." The weapon in the picture isn't the same one my warrior got. There's a mistake in logging my warrior and returning the item five days later. It's a bit crazy, don't you think? And it's a bummer that no action was taken for five days, even after I told you about it. I paid real money (££) for that weapon, so at least some compensation would be fair.

I'm currently awaiting an apology and compensation as I'm deeply offended by your very irresponsible actions that have cost people hundreds of pound in losses. I swear if you don't give me compensation or apologize I will never donate a single £ penny towards your server ever again because you've mistreated me for god knows what reason. And I'll most likely quit.

Edit 1: How am I supposed to know the items were stolen? I bought it 5 days after the incident. If the items were stolen it would've been his job to return them on the same day if not the day after but no he didnt, he even locked a post which was made about this incident which led to others assuming he doesn't care. It's not just me whos suffered from this late irresponsible judgement, Please don't misunderstand here I'm not asking for the weapon i bought back, I'm asking for compensation

Last edited:
Oh no, let's talk about this message that has both right and wrong things.

Firstly, about that leveling assistant thing – seriously? I hired someone to help for just 3/4 days during an event, and I let them go right after. Almost 99.50% of the leveling on my account, I did it all by myself. Accusing me in public like this is really hurtful, especially when I did most of the work.

And about getting items, I don't do it mysteriously. I buy stuff from other players using in-game money or real cash (££). I'm a big fan of the game, spending a good 10 hours each day playing. So it's not cool for you to suggest otherwise.

Now, about that comment saying, "Don't worry about that item. I got it back because it was obtained the wrong way." The weapon in the picture isn't the same one my warrior got. There's a mistake in logging my warrior and returning the item five days later. It's a bit crazy, don't you think? And it's a bummer that no action was taken for five days, even after I told you about it. I paid real money (££) for that weapon, so at least some compensation would be fair.

I'm currently awaiting an apology and compensation as I'm deeply offended by your very irresponsible actions that have cost people hundreds of pound in losses. I swear if you don't give me compensation or apologize I will never donate a single £ penny towards your server ever again because you've mistreated me for god knows what reason.
U knew in frist place this item is stolen and u shouldnt pay money to buy it. and are u blamming game master for doing his job for justice to return back stolen items ? honesly huge respect to andy and his team that figured out all u guys doing.

Back on topic ;)

Lets say, using an entirely chosen at random player...ohh...i dunno...Ammar.

Prior to gold nerfs he spends a huge amount of time and money buying and crafting his kit to a very nice level indeed. Everything is fully orbed, everything is fully socketed and runed. Awesome kit.

Then along comes some other player, lets call him eggfriedshit (for sake of argument). For whatever reason, eggfriedshit doesn't wish to spend his life (and life savings) upgrading his kit.

He just wishes to hold his own, maybe get the jump on Ammar when double teaming with another like minded player. But, it has to be accepted, eggfriedshit faces an uphill battle as he will never play a GAME to the extent of Ammar.

So, how does Mr GM wading in and making things even harder for eggfriedshit help? Eggfriedshit has items he would like to rune (but still struggles to get runes for) to put into sockets (that he can't afford to open).

Lets remember, Ammar doesn't worry that the achievability of kits, runes and sockets has decreased as he already has all that he wants and that kit is looking very good indeed. How is eggfriedshit to ever catch up? How is eggfriedshit to fairly compete?

More importantly, there will be others 'below' even eggfriedshits modest level of achievements asking the same question 'how will I ever catch up?'

Trust me, Mr GM. It doesn't take long to go from 'how will I ever catch up' to 'why even bother, that mountain is too steep'.

I don't want that. I presume you don't want that. It is in no ones interests, not even Ammar's (not that he would appreciate that).

Making things harder disproportionately affects those lower down the food chain. Please remember that.

Justice loses its essence when it comes too late. Waiting a whole week to address an incident undermines the concept of fairness. Take, for example, the return of stolen items to victims. This delayed response has hit many players hard in their wallets, costing them hundreds of pounds. Such delays not only disrupt the gameplay experience but also create an unfair situation where players suffer financial losses due to circumstances beyond their control. Timely and efficient resolutions are crucial to maintaining the integrity of justice in gaming communities.

Let me tell you about Win, a game master of mir 2 who faced a big problem. One day, something strange happened in the game—a player lost items because of a bug. Wanting to be fair, Win decided to give the lost items back to that player.
But things didn't go as expected. Instead of being thankful, people got upset. More than half of the players on the server left, and many groups of players broke up because they blamed Win for their decision. People started saying Win was doing something wrong, which made his reputation in the mir community not so good.
This shows us that even when you try to do the right thing, it might not work out well. Win tried to fix a mistake, but it caused a lot of problems in the gaming community. It's a reminder that game masters need to be careful because their choices can really affect the players and the overall health of the virtual world they're in charge of.

Andy Scorpian made a more significant mistake than Win did. At least Win acted on the same day, preventing other players from suffering financial losses. In contrast, Andy decided to ignore the issue for a week and only took action after most of the equipment had already been sold to other players. The frustrating part is that the GM shows no concern for the financial losses experienced by other players. At the very least, some form of compensation, like GameGold, should have been offered.

Goodbye.

all i took from this post is that you wanna get a room with ammar and let him sit on your face with your tongue out.
Back on topic ;)

Lets say, using an entirely chosen at random player...ohh...i dunno...Ammar.

Prior to gold nerfs he spends a huge amount of time and money buying and crafting his kit to a very nice level indeed. Everything is fully orbed, everything is fully socketed and runed. Awesome kit.

Then along comes some other player, lets call him eggfriedshit (for sake of argument). For whatever reason, eggfriedshit doesn't wish to spend his life (and life savings) upgrading his kit.

He just wishes to hold his own, maybe get the jump on Ammar when double teaming with another like minded player. But, it has to be accepted, eggfriedshit faces an uphill battle as he will never play a GAME to the extent of Ammar.

So, how does Mr GM wading in and making things even harder for eggfriedshit help? Eggfriedshit has items he would like to rune (but still struggles to get runes for) to put into sockets (that he can't afford to open).

Lets remember, Ammar doesn't worry that the achievability of kits, runes and sockets has decreased as he already has all that he wants and that kit is looking very good indeed. How is eggfriedshit to ever catch up? How is eggfriedshit to fairly compete?

More importantly, there will be others 'below' even eggfriedshits modest level of achievements asking the same question 'how will I ever catch up?'

Trust me, Mr GM. It doesn't take long to go from 'how will I ever catch up' to 'why even bother, that mountain is too steep'.

I don't want that. I presume you don't want that. It is in no ones interests, not even Ammar's (not that he would appreciate that).

Making things harder disproportionately affects those lower down the food chain. Please remember that.

Justice loses its essence when it comes too late. Waiting a whole week to address an incident undermines the concept of fairness. Take, for example, the return of stolen items to victims. This delayed response has hit many players hard in their wallets, costing them hundreds of pounds. Such delays not only disrupt the gameplay experience but also create an unfair situation where players suffer financial losses due to circumstances beyond their control. Timely and efficient resolutions are crucial to maintaining the integrity of justice in gaming communities.

Let me tell you about Win, a game master of mir 2 who faced a big problem. One day, something strange happened in the game—a player lost items because of a bug. Wanting to be fair, Win decided to give the lost items back to that player.
But things didn't go as expected. Instead of being thankful, people got upset. More than half of the players on the server left, and many groups of players broke up because they blamed Win for their decision. People started saying Win was doing something wrong, which made his reputation in the mir community not so good.
This shows us that even when you try to do the right thing, it might not work out well. Win tried to fix a mistake, but it caused a lot of problems in the gaming community. It's a reminder that game masters need to be careful because their choices can really affect the players and the overall health of the virtual world they're in charge of.

Andy Scorpian made a more significant mistake than Win did. At least Win acted on the same day, preventing other players from suffering financial losses. In contrast, Andy decided to ignore the issue for a week and only took action after most of the equipment had already been sold to other players. The frustrating part is that the GM shows no concern for the financial losses experienced by other players. At the very least, some form of compensation, like GameGold, should have been offered.

Goodbye.

It does feel unfair to you. but I would have said you need contact the seller who sold you the items in first place? If I was selling items (which potentially unfairly acquired and could risk some action. I would not sell them in the first place? That is just me. But from your POV you may or may not know the history of the items as the seller.

I would have a conversation with the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back