General Overview | The Legend of Mir

General Overview

I did notice it wasn't well thought out for new players e.g. players like myself get an email saying there is a new event for all level ranges come back to the server blah blah so we download the game make a character and immediately at level 1 in border village there is no indication about where to go for the event or how to participate. After you finally find out where to go from asking other players you enter the 0-100 cave and immediately get your head kicked and die from mobs you cant hurt until you get to about level 90+ with all your spells.

For the level 0-100 cave you start to be able to hurt them a good amount around level 90+ with level 3 spells but then once you get to 100 and you are chucked into the next cave all of the sudden the mobs are back to destroying you again. in level 90-100 kit I had to kite the mobs around for ages in the 100-120 zone to to able to kill one.

It would be great to see a staff member start a live stream and make a new character and go through the new character process without any help from other players and then solve the issues they come across while trying to interact with the event.

Now rather than complaining here is some feedback I have from a new players prospective.

It seems there is some common quests ingame people use to instantly get level 91 which are "Money Problems" and "More Money Problems" these cost 2m gold which a new player will never get from hunting solo and although there is many helpful players that would give you the money you shouldn't have to rely on such things. Instead I would recommend making a new player questline that levels the player to around level 90 and gives them there basic spells up to 90 aswell as gives them some 90 kit, this questline should be short maybe 5-8 quests long at the most just basic small kill quests.

Next there is the part about level-restricting caves. I'm sure you have your reasons for doing it but this is not very fun at all when we have friends in other level ranges and we are unable to play with them, as a new or returning player the part that makes the game fun is the social aspect and hunting together but this event is anti group which intern makes it not that fun when I cant play with friends.

These arent just my opinions either I know others that returned to the server for the event and share the same concerns + more.

Before anybody replies saying its not that bad etc just remember a new player doesn't have your knowledge of the game so they cant solve certain issues with knowledge e.g. they wont know the best low level gold farms to earn money to get all their spells from the market etc. so please take that into account.

Overall I think the server could be really good with feedback from new players on the issues they face and other areas where improvements are needed.

Last edited:
I did notice it wasn't well thought out for new players e.g. players like myself get an email saying there is a new event for all level ranges come back to the server blah blah so we download the game make a character and immediately at level 1 in border village there is no indication about where to go for the event or how to participate. After you finally find out where to go from asking other players you enter the 0-100 cave and immediately get your head kicked and die from mobs you cant hurt until you get to about level 90+ with all your spells.

For the level 0-100 cave you start to be able to hurt them a good amount around level 90+ with level 3 spells but then once you get to 100 and you are chucked into the next cave all of the sudden the mobs are back to destroying you again. in level 90-100 kit I had to kite the mobs around for ages in the 100-120 zone to to able to kill one.

It would be great to see a staff member start a live stream and make a new character and go through the new character process without any help from other players and then solve the issues they come across while trying to interact with the event.

Now rather than complaining here is some feedback I have from a new players prospective.

It seems there is some common quests ingame people use to instantly get level 91 which are "Money Problems" and "More Money Problems" these cost 2m gold which a new player will never get from hunting solo and although there is many helpful players that would give you the money you shouldn't have to rely on such things. Instead I would recommend making a new player questline that levels the player to around level 90 and gives them there basic spells up to 90 aswell as gives them some 90 kit, this questline should be short maybe 5-8 quests long at the most just basic small kill quests.

Next there is the part about level-restricting caves. I'm sure you have your reasons for doing it but this is not very fun at all when we have friends in other level ranges and we are unable to play with them, as a new or returning player the part that makes the game fun is the social aspect and hunting together but this event is anti group which intern makes it not that fun when I cant play with friends.

These arent just my opinions either I know others that returned to the server for the event and share the same concerns + more.

Before anybody replies saying its not that bad etc just remember a new player doesn't have your knowledge of the game so they cant solve certain issues with knowledge e.g. they wont know the best low level gold farms to earn money to get all their spells from the market etc. so please take that into account.

Overall I think the server could be really good with feedback from new players on the issues they face and other areas where improvements are needed.
SKULL ISLAND Should be returned each event so to get new players onboard , this would solve quite a few of the issues mentioned above and for those who dont care for the event could make an alt and rekindle the pains and fun of a new char or class and make new friends as new players join the server .....

Last edited:
SKULL ISLAND Should be returned each event so to get new players onboard , this would solve quite a few of the issues mentioned above and for those who dont care for the event could make an alt and rekindle the pains and fun of a new char or class and make new friends as new players join the server .....
Ive heard good things about this event and would also like to see it return for new players.

I feel your pain, thankfully during my time I had advice from Border Patrol and later Enigmas PvE guild. When I first started, I didn't even know the farmer quests were part of the game and was quite content just farming gear from lower dungeons. The lower level dungeons in game tend to drop heaps of gear and spells, slowing down as you get higher up.

I don't know what drops in the 0-100etc Easter dungeons, but it appears that people jump into the game, head straight to the Easter event and get stomped by the mobs in there, either because the monsters aren't dropping the spells/items enough?

Skull Island or similar really needs to be made permanent if we want new players to speed level to 160ish

Waiting for Zades Comment Below
<3

I feel your pain, thankfully during my time I had advice from Border Patrol and later Enigmas PvE guild. When I first started, I didn't even know the farmer quests were part of the game and was quite content just farming gear from lower dungeons. The lower level dungeons in game tend to drop heaps of gear and spells, slowing down as you get higher up.

I don't know what drops in the 0-100etc Easter dungeons, but it appears that people jump into the game, head straight to the Easter event and get stomped by the mobs in there, either because the monsters aren't dropping the spells/items enough?

Skull Island or similar really needs to be made permanent if we want new players to speed level to 160ish

After reading this I thought I'd try it and see. I picked a random store char that I happen to be logged into right now. Level 55 (done the 100k gold farmer quest) wearing only base dress and wooden sword. Killed 7 mobs, took 70-80 seconds per mob. Those 7 kills got me 6 levels. Used no pots, they barely touched me. So I'm really not sure who is getting stomped in there or how it's even possible.

Got no drops from any of those 7 mobs other than gold, so I don't really know what it would be like if I kept going. But all kit for those levels is available very cheaply in shops around BW anyway

<3

After reading this I thought I'd try it and see. I picked a random store char that I happen to be logged into right now. Level 55 (done the 100k gold farmer quest) wearing only base dress and wooden sword. Killed 7 mobs, took 70-80 seconds per mob. Those 7 kills got me 6 levels. Used no pots, they barely touched me. So I'm really not sure who is getting stomped in there or how it's even possible.

Got no drops from any of those 7 mobs other than gold, so I don't really know what it would be like if I kept going. But all kit for those levels is available very cheaply in shops around BW anyway
Was that on a warrior with fencing? just tried it on a level 80 tao in base dress wooden sword and it didn't have the accuracy for the mob. Also even if on a warrior 80 seconds is not acceptable its not a mythic raid boss. I think naming the caves 0-100 may have been a bad idea as the mobs start around level 98. As the other guy mentioned I think having that Skull Island come back with each event as a starter town new players must go through before reaching the event would be a great idea to avoid these issues.

Was that on a warrior with fencing? just tried it on a level 80 tao in base dress wooden sword and it didn't have the accuracy for the mob. Also even if on a warrior 80 seconds is not acceptable its not a mythic raid boss. I think naming the caves 0-100 may have been a bad idea as the mobs start around level 98. As the other guy mentioned I think having that Skull Island come back with each event as a starter town new players must go through before reaching the event would be a great idea to avoid these issues.
Had zero books learned. Warriors do have a bit more natural accuracy than taos though, but even then I missed a lot of hits. Probably landed about 1 in 10, but that was enough to take it down eventually.

People whinging for the sake of whinging.

A brand new level 1 player would have to complete the tutorial quests (Emily) to learn the game and get items and skills up to a certain level.
If they choose to skip that content they could make the game difficult for themselves depending on their skill level. Skipping it is a choice. If the game is too tough, then go back to the beginning and complete the Emily quests! After that from what Zade has researched you should blast through event mobs.

Lvl 80 tao shouldn't be in base dress and wooden sword though. Try even a lvl 50 sword and armour that you can buy for a few thousand from stores in BW and get your skelly and shinsu out. All store bore kit and store bought skills. If you want to make a point, maybe you shouldn't be doing it on a lvl 80 character in lvl 1 gear lol

Back