Gems and orbs | The Legend of Mir

Gems and orbs

Darkstyle12

Massively important part or mir2 but there’s zero market for them on Arcadia. I think the reason is because they disintegrate. I understand why they need to exprire but I think 48 hours is too little. 7 days for gems 14 days for orbs.
I think you should remove gems from boss drops and put orbs there instead and extend the gem expire time and try to create a market for them.

..... as i said on my post about gems makeing to orbs ....... that would fix the selling of gems easy but it will not be put into place

It was done to convince people to use Kevin and have a little fun (at the same time we made Orbs more rare), a use it or lose it kind of thing.
Before that update people were chucking gems away, they were useless trash.

If you really think increasing Orb life will help the market then I am willing to try it but I am not totally convinced

It was done to convince people to use Kevin and have a little fun (at the same time we made Orbs more rare), a use it or lose it kind of thing.

If you really think increasing Orb life will help the market then I am willing to try it but I am not totally convinced

I like using Kevin but the only time I use it is to make orbs for an item that’s ready to be probed now. I end up making orbs and they don’t sell even for low amounts of cash and they can’t be stored either because they disappear before I get a chance to use them. I think a longer shelf life would make people more inclined to spend time making orbs to sell. Noobs need stuff to sell to make gold to hunt and gems would be a good thing for them. Currently when I want orbs I go to the REL and zuwooma

I got a even better idea, get rid of Kevin and let orbs be crafted in ur bags upgrade facility so we can make orbs on the move. :)

The issue isn’t the gem or orbs or the time given. The issue is GOLD it has become rare and using kevin every gem will cost you 200k and the chances are 50/50 most time it fails. Plenty gem drops so does oils. Scorp if you wanna change anything then make gold become slightly easier otherwise everything is good as “gold” :p

I like the gem and orb system, makes you use them or sell them for a reasonable price.

I personally don’t think gold is the issue either as although it’s harder to get as much now, this simply increases the value. The big question is going to be around what happens with GG as the supply has been “cut” to the server while issues with PayPal are sorted. As a second currency that is currently just getting drained, it’s just driving prices down. Great for returning / new players before the Halloween event! (Is PayPal really the issue or is Andy an Economic mastermind =p)

I like the gem and orb system, makes you use them or sell them for a reasonable price.

I personally don’t think gold is the issue either as although it’s harder to get as much now, this simply increases the value. The big question is going to be around what happens with GG as the supply has been “cut” to the server while issues with PayPal are sorted. As a second currency that is currently just getting drained, it’s just driving prices down. Great for returning / new players before the Halloween event! (Is PayPal really the issue or is Andy an Economic mastermind =p)

The game shop has been back up for about a week now?

I got a even better idea, get rid of Kevin and let orbs be crafted in ur bags upgrade facility so we can make orbs on the move. :)

...... stealing my idea ...... andy said no to it even thro i said it would help the sell on gems people have to get 3 gems to make 1 orb aka most people will get 1 or 2 orbs the same on the hunt and will need to buy the last gem from ah for 200k to get a orb costing 800k

but it was turned down lol

...... stealing my idea ...... andy said no to it even thro i said it would help the sell on gems people have to get 3 gems to make 1 orb aka most people will get 1 or 2 orbs the same on the hunt and will need to buy the last gem from ah for 200k to get a orb costing 800k

but it was turned down lol

I suppose it was turned down because Kevin is supposed to be a gold sink. Making them in ur bag should still have a chance to fail to craft and also need a grinding oil+100k

- - - Updated - - -

That way the only real changes is that I can make orbs on the move and I Garuntee the amount of orbs that get made would double or triple which in turns means more gold gets sucked out so it’s a win win I’d say

I suppose it was turned down because Kevin is supposed to be a gold sink. Making them in ur bag should still have a chance to fail to craft and also need a grinding oil+100k

- - - Updated - - -

That way the only real changes is that I can make orbs on the move and I Garuntee the amount of orbs that get made would double or triple which in turns means more gold gets sucked out so it’s a win win I’d say

Purely wank idea

Kevin is there to make you move your arse and as a gold sink if you could craft orbs from bag and it would only cost 100k you've halfed the gold sink and made making them too simple plenty of other stuff needs doing to improve gameplay gems and orbs are right down the list especially as most people have max orbed there kit....i would hope yours is as well 😂

Part of it is to make people use orbs too. Rather than just store them for their next item. Which also means that when they get the next item they can go out with purpose and upgrade the item

Know it been mentioned on another thread but the only thing I would bring up is fine grinding oils. Maybe reduce drop rates or up pure gem drop rate

Purely wank idea

Kevin is there to make you move your arse and as a gold sink if you could craft orbs from bag and it would only cost 100k you've halfed the gold sink and made making them too simple plenty of other stuff needs doing to improve gameplay gems and orbs are right down the list especially as most people have max orbed there kit....i would hope yours is as well 😂

You was “purely a wank idea” by ur parents

Part of it is to make people use orbs too. Rather than just store them for their next item. Which also means that when they get the next item they can go out with purpose and upgrade the item

I think it's a good idea to make orbs disintegrate. 7 days is plenty to either use it, attempt to sell, or give to an ally/randomer for cheap or even free when there is a short time left on it.

Maybe Kevin could have a questline introduced, he has a long lost relative or an old colleague in the gem crafting trade. Who has a more success rate than he does, for a little more gold, and along with a grinding oil he could need another item what prevents the orb from disintegrating. The npc could be a hike away in a cave that takes around 10-15 mins travelling, no use of tele ring limited use of random teleport.

This would introduce a new reagent into the game what could be sold on AH to players who want to get some orbs put away ready for new kit, thus creating a new market. Also create some new type of orb what can be sold on the market too, obviously will be worth more than the standard orb. Gives players with patience and time another way to make gold, win/win situation

Last edited:
Back