Game freezing , 0-1 FPS | The Legend of Mir

Game freezing , 0-1 FPS

Morning guys thanks for taking the time to read this.

As title says this is happening at certain times which I've only really noticed since then mount update.

Only happens when I use my mount or I think if other people are using them. On top of this I went to the turtle quest via Tristam and the same thing was happening.

Freeze lasts between 10-15 seconds then stops for 5 seconds and repeats untill I stop or the mobs are dead

Just curious if anyone has had anything like this in the past and could offer some insight.

I have changed my ethernet cable
Ran a ping test
Completed the "optimize your game settings recommended by GM" on different post
(All seems fine)

My pc is an older amd a10 7890k APU but as there is a global shortage of gfx cards my new build is on hold.
Looking on my Radeon software nothing seems massively wrong (I'm not great with PCs) from what I can see.

Any help greatly appreciated

Morning guys thanks for taking the time to read this.

As title says this is happening at certain times which I've only really noticed since then mount update.

Only happens when I use my mount or I think if other people are using them. On top of this I went to the turtle quest via Tristam and the same thing was happening.

Freeze lasts between 10-15 seconds then stops for 5 seconds and repeats untill I stop or the mobs are dead

Just curious if anyone has had anything like this in the past and could offer some insight.

I have changed my ethernet cable
Ran a ping test
Completed the "optimize your game settings recommended by GM" on different post
(All seems fine)

My pc is an older amd a10 7890k APU but as there is a global shortage of gfx cards my new build is on hold.
Looking on my Radeon software nothing seems massively wrong (I'm not great with PCs) from what I can see.

Any help greatly appreciated

Your Radeon software won't show anything of use as Mir only uses a single CPU core to run, it doesn't use your graphics card (or in your case the graphics cores on your apu) at all. It's always difficult to tell but with what you are describing, good ping, no internet problems and the client showing 0-1 fps it sounds like it is definitely client side.

If you're running the game on an older pc with a physical hard disk rather than an SSD it could be worth checking for fragmentation on the drive, it could be seek times for some files causing the freezing, especially since it seems to be happening with assets that aren't often used (quest mobs and an event mount). If you have an SSD in the system (even if it's a small one for the OS) and have the space on it try moving the game folder over to the SSD and try again and run the de-frag tool on your main HDD just to check.

If you are really struggling after this it could be worth deleting the game files and running the patcher again, I have had it in the past when the patcher has seemed to run OK but the game just wouldn't open and re-downloading fixed the issue.

Your Radeon software won't show anything of use as Mir only uses a single CPU core to run, it doesn't use your graphics card
That was always true until very recently. There has been a major update to the client which affects how this works. I can see it using more than 1 core now and GPU

Great news. Defragged and re downloaded game. Logged back in and went straight on mount and absolutely no issues. Fingers crossed that has solved my problems. Thanks again for the help will see how it goes over next couple days

Great news. Defragged and re downloaded game. Logged back in and went straight on mount and absolutely no issues. Fingers crossed that has solved my problems. Thanks again for the help will see how it goes over next couple days

Perfect! Glad for you. And all this geekish language in thread is hot. Keep it open :)

Glad to hear we were able to get you up and running. Even happier you replied and let us know what worked for you, could potentially help a lot of people in the future!

That was always true until very recently. There has been a major update to the client which affects how this works. I can see it using more than 1 core now and GPU

I hadn't realised there had been a change. I did notice an increase in my fps not so long ago but hadn't thought too much about it, I guess this explains it!

Back