Help Request - FPS Boost/ Tweaks? | The Legend of Mir

Help Request FPS Boost/ Tweaks?

Mustafa13

Hello, I have seen a few players in game who have high amounts of fps like 90-120fps and I'm just sitting there wondering how is this possible?
How can I achieve such extremely high fps, this would be a massive advantage in PvP.

I've got more than enough good specs for Mir but I'm averaging 60-75 fps max, which doesn't really add up.
Got my GPU on Ultimate Mode, and CPU on Turbo for 100% power.1700334240504.jpeg

However... 1700334315989.png

Any help would be massively appreciated! I'm mainly looking for a guide on how to tweak my gaming laptop so it can run this server past 90 fps.
On other mir servers I run on 1,200 fps so I am well aware that I'm facing this issue only on this server. Thanks.

Na I can get 80+ so not capped at 64
Yes but there are people who have 120, doesn't necessarily mean that it's the cap.

Also have you overclocked your PC or done any tweaks to it? Mine's just stuck at the cap for some reason... Once I discover how to tweak and overclock it i'll prob be at 100+ fps

You can do some tweaks but ultimately it's going to come down to ping and cpu, memory speed and ssd speed.

Gpu doesn't factor into the equation. This game uses it so little it's moot.

You can change cpu affinity to just use a single core and only have the game run on that core, but it doesn't really help when you have a shit ping.

Back in the dial up days you used to mess with packet sizes, but that is now moot with modern internet and does fk all.

Yes but there are people who have 120, doesn't necessarily mean that it's the cap.

Also have you overclocked your PC or done any tweaks to it? Mine's just stuck at the cap for some reason... Once I discover how to tweak and overclock it i'll prob be at 100+ fps
GM said its capped, I can remember the number but it's definitely below 100. Who exactly says they can get 120? Don't believe a word of it until they share screenshots

Think it was mention a while back the server cap is 95, this it to do with where the server is located and connection it has to the world .......most people should be have around 70-73fps with bog standard setups ......
MIR does not require and use mass of CPU GPU tweaks .................... its far to old for that .........
If your looking to get better stable results look at your ethernet card settings and dont use wifi for starters ...... find topic else where on the forum its been mentioned before by others and myself .

Thank you all, I'll have a look into this then, as for Zade fair point for not believing without proof I'll try ask for a screenshot

Edit: I tried overclocking my GPU, and making my CPU run on max, also disabling windows services that I don't use but it hasn't noticeably helped.

It seems I may have to change cpu affinity to run on a single core (Currently Mir is running on 16 of my cores)

I get 20 fps in wars and just run and hope, it’s great fun 🤣
I get 50ish but its so unfair, I dont know how to increase my fps I've tried everything. I'm using a high end gaming laptop that has clock speed of 4200, Maybe i'll switch to a PC and use 32gigs ram that might make a difference

I get 50ish but its so unfair, I dont know how to increase my fps I've tried everything. I'm using a high end gaming laptop that has clock speed of 4200, Maybe i'll switch to a PC and use 32gigs ram that might make a difference
im using 64gb ram on a laptop, desktop wont make a difference as you could run mir off of a cereal box, there are ways of which will help you somewhat increase ur fps but thats for you to find out, my advice is take a read on other forums to find out what u need to do. i currently average 70+ FPs in any map and have peaked at 87 with a slight overclock.

im using 64gb ram on a laptop, desktop wont make a difference as you could run mir off of a cereal box, there are ways of which will help you somewhat increase ur fps but thats for you to find out, my advice is take a read on other forums to find out what u need to do. i currently average 70+ FPs in any map and have peaked at 87 with a slight overclock.
I see, and damn holy smokes 64gb ram on a laptop is insane I'm only using 16GB that may be the issue, notes taken.

I tried overclocking using msi afterburner but it made 0 difference in fps, will have a look at other forums thank you for the advice.1701094586894.png

Back