Fox boss bugged? | The Legend of Mir

Fox boss bugged?

Hey,

Just wondering if this boss is bugged? he is down as lvl 80 boss. I am lvl 118 tao 2.9khp, 2.9kmp and always wear pro ring. Its a dead easy fight for first 60 seconds as i annilated him down to 30% HP in no time. All of a sudden as his hp gets lower his dmg seems to increase massively to stage I can't even down him.

Just wondering as doubt this guy drops 120+ gear seems a pointless boss as even with a group of my levels be a complete down it before it downs you kinda boss. Is this supposed to be a mechanic or is there an issue in his code?

Thanks
Sean

Hey,

Just wondering if this boss is bugged? he is down as lvl 80 boss. I am lvl 118 tao 2.9khp, 2.9kmp and always wear pro ring. Its a dead easy fight for first 60 seconds as i annilated him down to 30% HP in no time. All of a sudden as his hp gets lower his dmg seems to increase massively to stage I can't even down him.

Just wondering as doubt this guy drops 120+ gear seems a pointless boss as even with a group of my levels be a complete down it before it downs you kinda boss. Is this supposed to be a mechanic or is there an issue in his code?

Thanks
Sean

It's not the boss itself that does the damage, it's the little orbs, try luring them away first and use RTs to land near the middle and finish him off. It takes a lot longer that way but it makes it much easier

Hey Guys,

So just tried it again. Killed all orbs in the room as previosuly no orbs were near me. Same thing. Wrecks my hp the lower it gets. Hitting for like 1-2k when its at 25% hp

foxboss1.jpg

Last edited:
This has been raised on a few different occasions, this boss has a unique mechanic.

So the general rule of this boss is that it's damage and attack speed scale dependent on the % of health it has - the lower it gets, the stronger the attacks (capped).
Without giving away too many spoilers, there are a couple other external 'factors' that can also influence it's behaviour - maybe some of the others within the community can highlight them?

One small clue: The small orbs floating around near the boss can influence the boss' strength - the way to eliminate these orbs is to repulse/shoulder dash them away.

This has been raised on a few different occasions, this boss has a unique mechanic.

So the general rule of this boss is that it's damage and attack speed scale dependent on the % of health it has - the lower it gets, the stronger the attacks (capped).
Without giving away too many spoilers, there are a couple other external 'factors' that can also influence it's behaviour - maybe some of the others within the community can highlight them?

One small clue: The small orbs floating around near the boss can influence the boss' strength - the way to eliminate these orbs is to repulse/shoulder dash them away.

Hey,

If you see in my screenshot though all orbs are dead. Nothing left to repulse and still hitting me for 1-2k hp with around 30% hp left. I have tried attacking it solo encase the damage increases based on people and my pets are counting as people, confusion the orbs to be on my side, leaving them alive, trap hexing them to turn them orange so their kind of stunned while i attack boss and killing them. Tried checking room for anything else attackable. Still get hit for 1-2k hp when it falls low.

Is it worth this much trouble? I was just killing it to test drop files see how high the items it drops as i would say I am already far higher level than anything it will drop already making it a useless boss to kill. I don't mind putting time and effort in but i hear this guy drops level 90-100 kit and below but i couldn't see a group of level 90's survivng through that much damage of 1-2k hp a pop unless regardless of level its doing a % of my hp per damage? But with a pro ring on and potting MP i can't get my mana bar up nor can i risk taking the ring off at this stage to heal + pot as only way to survive is RT + pot + heal and charge back in but wipes my back down before i can even get more than an attack off

Last edited:
That’s normal behaviour for FB in this server.

If that's the case I think the drops should be reviewed to drop way better as if i can't take it at near 120 I would expect it to be a pretty sough after boss for 120+ gear but is always there when I enter.

If that's the case I think the drops should be reviewed to drop way better as if i can't take it at near 120 I would expect it to be a pretty sough after boss for 120+ gear but is always there when I enter.

If you warrior you need LR or trapment for tao to get those orbs away

This is another of the AI's that came with the original Heroes source. There's been plenty of complaints since 2013. Really it needs recoding.
Possibly it was a bad idea adding fox dungeon to the tips since it is obviously raging too hard

This is another of the AI's that came with the original Heroes source. There's been plenty of complaints since 2013. Really it needs recoding.
Possibly it was a bad idea adding fox dungeon to the tips since it is obviously raging too hard

It's rage is quite a problem for lower levels. When it is not raging I can stand there all day and take no damage (as I imagine anyone above level 140 can do). But when it rages it will take 2000+ hp from me. It is a fun boss with some fun AI, but it does need some tweaking. Really interested to see how this one pans out :)

Back