Few Questions | The Legend of Mir

Few Questions

Arma

Hi all.

Rather then keep spamming chat in game with my dumb questions I thought I would create a post here where hopefully I don't annoy you too much.

1) Currently I'm doing the quest where you need to give the NPC Photon gear with an Angel Robe. I have 3/5 required items. Does anyone know a good area for Photon Rings / Maces to drop or does anyone have a base level Ring and Mace they would be willing to sell to me?

2) I have been kindly advised by a few players not to use a protection ring. That a Revival ring is much superior. I don't doubt these players at all as they are far more informed then I am about these things, however I was hoping someone could clear some matters up for me. If I die as a wiz with a revival ring will my pets die or because I get revived will they stay tamed? Additionally the personal reason I like to use a protection ring is I live in a state of never ending fear of being PKed as well as a fear of my dumbass running into a ton of heavy hitting mobs and dying or testing to see how much damage a boss does to me (Turns out Loki doesn't like me much). If someone could clear up just as to why the revival ring is better than a protection ring I might feel a bit safer using one. Oh one final point if I die with a revival ring do I risk losing items still?

3) With the wizard skill "Dragonfire Shield" I don't have this skill yet however when you level up the skill does the amount of Physical / Magic damage reduction increase or just the duration of the shield?

Sorry for such a long post. I have had a look through the forums to see if these questions have been asked before. I either have missed the post due to me being an idiot or there hasn't been a post about them yet.

Many thanks all hope to catch you all in game at some point!

Use a protection ring if that's what you like.

The items you need should drop in terror temple

Your pets won't die if you revive only if your die proper as in grey screen.

Not sure about the shield but at a guess I would say it only gains time.

Mr. 2teh1 kindly answered some of your questions but I'll go into a bit more detail for ya

Hi

1) Currently I'm doing the quest where you need to give the NPC Photon gear with an Angel Robe. I have 3/5 required items. Does anyone know a good area for Photon Rings / Maces to drop or does anyone have a base level Ring and Mace they would be willing to sell to me?
As already stated, terror temple best for these

2) I have been kindly advised by a few players not to use a protection ring. That a Revival ring is much superior. I don't doubt these players at all as they are far more informed then I am about these things, however I was hoping someone could clear some matters up for me. If I die as a wiz with a revival ring will my pets die or because I get revived will they stay tamed? Additionally the personal reason I like to use a protection ring is I live in a state of never ending fear of being PKed as well as a fear of my dumbass running into a ton of heavy hitting mobs and dying or testing to see how much damage a boss does to me (Turns out Loki doesn't like me much). If someone could clear up just as to why the revival ring is better than a protection ring I might feel a bit safer using one. Oh one final point if I die with a revival ring do I risk losing items still?
The reason I never use protection ring on my wiz is that pro ring takes 2MP=1HP, so if I have (for example) 2000 HP and 5000 MP, and someone normally does 1000 HP per hit, then they will do 2000 MP per hit, so a few hits and I am out of MP. If they hit me twice with rev ring instead of pro, then I revive, but still have full MP so I can fight back. If I have pro but no rev, then I have no MP so can't fight back and only choice is TT. Also even without PK, if mobs are hitting me my MP will be run down very quickly and again I won't be able to fight back because I'll have no MP, it's much easier to get completely stuck. Rev ring offers all the same protection (and actually more, if your HP is more than half your MP, add some HP sockets to your items if you can), with none of the down sides of constantly running out of MP!
Reviving with rev ring doesn't lose you any pets!

3) With the wizard skill "Dragonfire Shield" I don't have this skill yet however when you level up the skill does the amount of Physical / Magic damage reduction increase or just the duration of the shield?
MagicShield = Physical Damage Reduction 40%, Magic Damage Reduction 20%, Mana cost 50
DragonfireShield = Physical Damage Reduction 60%, Magic Damage Reduction 30%, Mana cost 300
Both last the same amount of time, your MC = number of seconds shield lasts
It is not affected by any elements

Last edited:
You can buy the Photon Ring/Brace/Mace all in bw shop, just make sure they do t have a * at the end of their name

Many thanks all for the replies and answers it is greatly appreciated. :D

Have an awesome day!

- - - Updated - - -

You can buy the Photon Ring/Brace/Mace all in bw shop, just make sure they do t have a * at the end of their name

I've have bought Photon gear from the shops before but unless I was somehow doing it wrong unless it's just the base "PhotonRing" with no added text or anything else the quest won't accept the item.

Many thanks all for the replies and answers it is greatly appreciated. :D

Have an awesome day!

- - - Updated - - -

I've have bought Photon gear from the shops before but unless I was somehow doing it wrong unless it's just the base "PhotonRing" with no added text or anything else the quest won't accept the item.

I have done this quest today and brought most of the items from the NPC’s as said before u have to make sure it doesn’t have the * at the end of its name, the only item I couldn’t buy as couldn’t find it in a shop was the armour but it dropped off the bosses that roam 5th floor of terror temple.

I have done this quest today and brought most of the items from the NPC’s as said before u have to make sure it doesn’t have the * at the end of its name, the only item I couldn’t buy as couldn’t find it in a shop was the armour but it dropped off the bosses that roam 5th floor of terror temple.

Aye I've managed to do the quest now I think I must of just of been an idiot last time and somehow messed it up

Back