F-key profiles | The Legend of Mir

F-key profiles

zad48231

Leading Contributor
I have one way I set up my F keys for "general hunting etc.", another specific way for wars/pvp, another specific way for some different caves and so on. I change my F keys around depending on where I am and what I expect to be using most, as I'm sure plenty other people do. I'm also aware a lot of people share characters and those people no doubt will changes keys to the way they like them and annoy each other with it.

So my thought is maybe we could have a set amount of "profiles", so I can set my F keys a certain way and save that to "profile 1" then another way and save that to "profile 2" etc.

I probably spend about 1 minute changing keys around every time I change where I'm hunting, and it's a very repetitive task. Just seems that a boring element of the game that could be avoided and afford us more time for killing stuff

This would be awesome if could be done, hunting solo vs group also needs different setups so to be able to have two or three profiles would really help.

It does seem a bit odd that it is something which is stored server-side. However I suppose the game was something which got played a lot in cyber cafes and not on 1 pc. Definitely possible and I am sure it would be great so hopefully it will one day make its way off of a to-do list and into the game :p

I have one way I set up my F keys for "general hunting etc.", another specific way for wars/pvp, another specific way for some different caves and so on. I change my F keys around depending on where I am and what I expect to be using most, as I'm sure plenty other people do. I'm also aware a lot of people share characters and those people no doubt will changes keys to the way they like them and annoy each other with it.

So my thought is maybe we could have a set amount of "profiles", so I can set my F keys a certain way and save that to "profile 1" then another way and save that to "profile 2" etc.

I probably spend about 1 minute changing keys around every time I change where I'm hunting, and it's a very repetitive task. Just seems that a boring element of the game that could be avoided and afford us more time for killing stuff

Idea is good but you only need the major spells and can be fit into Fkeys/shift/ctrl. The only spell I change is sunnaiLeg to arctic blast at pk.

Good idea.

I'd also like a new set of F keys for taos :p

Tab and F key maybe. It's hard to fit all your buffs, summon pets and have a the attacks you need.

Idea is good but you only need the major spells and can be fit into Fkeys/shift/ctrl. The only spell I change is sunnaiLeg to arctic blast at pk.

In CT there's 14 skills that I use, in ToA there's 11 that I use, in pvp there's 16

And the overlap is only about 50%, there's plenty that I will only use in 1 or 2 of those 3 scenarios. Then there's PB, or group hunts to places like RDD/BDP which are different again

So I try to put as many as possible of the ones I'm using right now on the F keys without ctrl or shift, holding ctrl or shift constantly when levelling for 6 hours straight is very likely to result in RSI (which I have had issues with in the past) so it doesn't make sense to put myself through that when I can just put those skills on buttons that don't need me to hold down 2 at a time

- - - Updated - - -

It does seem a bit odd that it is something which is stored server-side. However I suppose the game was something which got played a lot in cyber cafes and not on 1 pc. Definitely possible and I am sure it would be great so hopefully it will one day make its way off of a to-do list and into the game :p

That would be awesome! Pretty sure the day that gets released I'll have a suspiciously urgent need to buy 1550gg :p

Back