Events anti social? | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Events anti social?

I think its probably better if I just pm feedback directly to the GM in future to avoid his decisions being swayed by the old elite minority. I can imagine you have annoyed a few people on here with your relentless feedback as they pm me ingame about how they no longer want to post their opinions on the forum due to how you just have an opinion on everything even when it doesn't affect you. I have to agree with them which is why ill either not post at all or just pm the GM directly from now on.
Whenever I complain about other people's behaviour I get met with 'screenshots or it didn't happen' so I'll apply the same here

Thanks, we need this type of discussion as otherwise we can't completely gauge the situation

As you rightly point out with these types of events the maps used to be open to all lower levels and that was my personal preference - it was that way for 8 or so years! What changed? Players wanted the restrictions putting in place and so far that seemed to have more satisfying outcomes. I completely agree it sucks for lower levels who want to be with friends but it was making a lot of higher level players feel like they had much less territory to enjoy and that the event wasn't for them

Trust me when I say we take all experiences and opinions extremely seriously. We wouldn't be here otherwise. At the end of the day those are your facts and we cannot tell you otherwise. The challenge arises balancing all that with other player's experiences and finding the best solution which also encompasses what we want to achieve

The GBP notifications should probably be a hint in the top left. I will review that.
I do remember when we all wanted level restrictions on caves because low levels basically had access to everything whilst people above a certain level were progressively restricted purely by design.

I do appreciate this new design a lot more although as Aro has pointed out that it clearly does segregate the player base from one another.

Why not introduce something like town invasions, it’s a Mir classic and I suspect that you aren’t overly keen on the idea because we hardly ever see it during events, but it would give players an opportunity to group up with guild and have a bit of fun.

I have two points here.

1. When I first played River of Flames many years ago the top level map was open to all, it was great for guilds to hunt together, any chance this can come back? I have spent the past couple of days by myself as my guild are all in different level brackets which is kind of depressing, possible solutions, have two top level maps one closed to high level only and one open to all or have event map as a daily GC while event is active.

This first point has become more and more apparent in each event in the last 5+ years maybe longer but now that alot of event bosses/ or mass mob lures can be solo'd or at worst killed with two players only each event has become more and more anti social...

The days of fun and laughter of people dying numerous times to event bosses or champion mobs and having to scramble back via rt's or running are gone. Now everyone seems like a machine and enters the event maps solo as either its better for them to solo for exp/items or there's justs no need or benefit to grouping up.

The single entry caves via items again are solo only again anti social and at worst so dull and boring basically every cave is the same just filled with same mobs and no challenge for the higher levels its just rinse and repeat... If you could at least make the caves random instead so its just not one big room where you just spam mass attack skills would be good, maybe also make the cave/mobs player level aware so harder mobs or different mobs are spawned for higher levels which in turn drop what higher levels want/need?

As mentioned the days when bosses roamed maps where anyone could get involved were much more fun and lively, yes the pk got bad at times but this can be avoided via a RT or TT....

I come back and play events in order to keep up a little with the player average level and try to socialize but more and more as the events are just rinse and repeat and so unchallenging and lack fun or excitment I am struggling to even bother to do this.

Reactions: Aro
This first point has become more and more apparent in each event in the last 5+ years maybe longer but now that alot of event bosses/ or mass mob lures can be solo'd or at worst killed with two players only each event has become more and more anti social...

The days of fun and laughter of people dying numerous times to event bosses or champion mobs and having to scramble back via rt's or running are gone. Now everyone seems like a machine and enters the event maps solo as either its better for them to solo for exp/items or there's justs no need or benefit to grouping up.

The single entry caves via items again are solo only again anti social and at worst so dull and boring basically every cave is the same just filled with same mobs and no challenge for the higher levels its just rinse and repeat... If you could at least make the caves random instead so its just not one big room where you just spam mass attack skills would be good, maybe also make the cave/mobs player level aware so harder mobs or different mobs are spawned for higher levels which in turn drop what higher levels want/need?

As mentioned the days when bosses roamed maps where anyone could get involved were much more fun and lively, yes the pk got bad at times but this can be avoided via a RT or TT....

I come back and play events in order to keep up a little with the player average level and try to socialize but more and more as the events are just rinse and repeat and so unchallenging and lack fun or excitment I am struggling to even bother to do this.
The even it kinda anti-social and that's because it's meant to be challening and not just another place where guilds can take noobs to level ridiculous fast. But if you have friends in the game that are similar level as you, nothing stops you going into the caves and leveling together. Most in my guild do this shrug

Maybe the fact that you only come back to play events is the reason you're not seeing the social side of it? If you played regularly and were part of a guild, you'd make friends and get to enjoy the social aspect of the game. You can't really come back for a week at a time during an event and complain that it's anti social.

As for the GG cave? It's like 30 minutes of solo hunting as a reward. Yes, it's meant to be solo and challenging and rewarding. It's not like you're not able to chat to people while you're in there.

Just yesterday I had this same debate at length with joesav

I apologise to you and to everyone for the this post as its probably going to come across as a bit of a rant, as I'm sick of being told that new players can't do this or that and that I'm unaware of what it's like for them

I've put a crazy amount of effort into confirming what I say, I don't just guess. I've got more than 10 characters that I've levelled from scratch to between 130-150 of various classes, using absolutely zero outside assistance (no gg, or passing items or gold or books from my established characters), and I've found absolutely no blockers, everything has been possible to do by myself with a bit of effort. The only 'advantage' I have is prior knowledge of the game. And that's why I try as hard as I can to make that knowledge available to everyone. Most of the stuff that I 'know' that would be useful to a new player can be found either on the forum or on my site, and anything that isn't included can either be easily worked out by reading and following what the game tells you, there are loads of guides and clues ingame, or simply by asking around. If people just want to jump into the game and ignore all the help that's on offer then complain about not being able to do things, well that's quite simply a 'them' problem

This is an MMORPG, it's an adventure game, read things that are on your screen. All of the things you claimed to be a problem are only actually a problem for people who want to progress as fast as an experienced player would without reading or learning anything along the way

GM has already made the early game massively easier than it used to be

If you're a genuinely new player and want to be successful, read stuff! All the solutions to the problems you've listed are very well documented and information and knowledge of how to solve the issues is very easy to find if your eyes are open

The people who see these things as problems are probably better off playing something more suited to their commitment level, maybe give rocket league a go

If you're a new player and want to commit to playing an MMORPG you have to accept there will be a learning curve, so put the effort in and learn it.

1. They don’t know about the farmer quests in bw.
The quests are all clearly marked on the minimap. Only someone who's never played a game before wouldn't know that. You take a half second glance at the minimap and see a big yellow exclamation mark and think "oh, that's a quest, quests are usually good, I'll go there and see what's what and ask around if I don't understand" that's absolutely not a stretch, you'd do that in any game, there's no prior knowledge needed to think to do that

2. They can’t afford the farmer quests in bw in terms of the meta money problems and more money problems.
No money is needed, if you're just buying your way through the quests then of course you're going to need real money, then it's very easy. If you want to actually DO the quests, then obviously it will take time. They can all be done solo by a player with no experience in the game, the whole point of them is to show you around and introduce you to all the low level caves, and to guide you towards learning how to hunt effectively and make profit while you do so. There's an extremely detailed walk through guide that's very easy to find if you look for it. Yes these quests as a whole are pretty outdated, but if anything that just makes them even easier.

3. Even if they do use those quests to get to 91 they don’t have the money to buy items or skills for that level.
There are a couple of skills that are a bit more rare, but you can hunt for them yourself. GM even added a list ingame of where to get every book, in notice boards around several towns, and in a quick access menu that you can see any time. The shortcut keys are all listed on the help screen. I followed that guide and was able to get all books for those levels by hunting for them myself on low level characters in shop kit. As for kit, items up to 88 are in shops to buy for next to nothing. And after that, up to around 140 you can find all the kit you need as you go along, no need to buy anything. Again, I've tried this myself by simply levelling chars in shop kit in the maps that the quick hunt menu suggested to me

To summarise, players who read things and actually treat this adventure game like an adventure game will have zero major blocking issues progessing, and yes there will be some minor issues, but overcoming those is part of the game

If you're not interested in an adventure and learning and grinding then I'd question if you've picked the right game. It's unfair to expect it all to be changed to suit you, plenty people have obviously already managed
I started this game in October last year and there is lots of help available on here thanks to you and a few others making all the guides. Also joining a guild helps with newbie questions. I'm like 6months in and I've still got newbie questions. I levelled to about 130 pretty easy by just following the game and the guides available. It is hard for new players who've never played the game, I played 20 odd years ago so had a good understanding already.

Keep up the good work helping people Zad you've helped me out more time than I can count ao thanks.

Really enjoying this Easter event as well, especially since Yunis has leveled to 181 and is not longer roaming around in my cave trying to PK me, although the little feral bugger could come back anytime to haunt me haha

Literally nearly had a panic attack the other day because I was getting chased around, socks when someone almost 20 levels higher than you is PKing you, you have zero chance of fighting back so it's basically just a form of bullying. Vic literally 1 hit me to death twice in a row. Should be some kind of limit of how many levels you can get pk'd by.

I started this game in October last year and there is lots of help available on here thanks to you and a few others making all the guides. Also joining a guild helps with newbie questions. I'm like 6months in and I've still got newbie questions. I levelled to about 130 pretty easy by just following the game and the guides available. It is hard for new players who've never played the game, I played 20 odd years ago so had a good understanding already.

Keep up the good work helping people Zad you've helped me out more time than I can count ao thanks.

Really enjoying this Easter event as well, especially since Yunis has leveled to 181 and is not longer roaming around in my cave trying to PK me, although the little feral bugger could come back anytime to haunt me haha

Literally nearly had a panic attack the other day because I was getting chased around, socks when someone almost 20 levels higher than you is PKing you, you have zero chance of fighting back so it's basically just a form of bullying. Vic literally 1 hit me to death twice in a row. Should be some kind of limit of how many levels you can get pk'd by.

Vic seems to pk anything that walks, perhaps making up for in game what he lacks in real life… my condolences on your death R.i.P

There are disincentives, pking someone much lower than you gives extra pk points which means either you're red for longer or have to spend more demon souls to recover. As with all things in Mir, when you try to make a change to benefit one group, someone will find a way to exploit it. People already use low level characters in fights to make the other side get more pk points. But preventing it completely means low people could use low levels to effectively be invincible, which can be exploited to block access or to steal boss drops. It's a tough thing to compromise on, so the general advice is "yeah, it sucks, but if you're hunting in a free map be on alert and have a TT ready to press"

The even it kinda anti-social and that's because it's meant to be challening and not just another place where guilds can take noobs to level ridiculous fast. But if you have friends in the game that are similar level as you, nothing stops you going into the caves and leveling together. Most in my guild do this shrug

Maybe the fact that you only come back to play events is the reason you're not seeing the social side of it? If you played regularly and were part of a guild, you'd make friends and get to enjoy the social aspect of the game. You can't really come back for a week at a time during an event and complain that it's anti social.

As for the GG cave? It's like 30 minutes of solo hunting as a reward. Yes, it's meant to be solo and challenging and rewarding. It's not like you're not able to chat to people while you're in there.
Think you missed alot of what I was saying yes I only come back for events now as i use it as kind of a catch up method as a very casual player keeping up the level base is a bind and a bore, the new content is rarely challenging as for new mobs/bosses as within a day or two there getting solo'd or duo'd which isn't a challenge as I said originally...

Got plenty of friends and I will comment that the events are alot more anti social than they have been even scorp has admited he's moved away from this style to the item entry maps....again as I said gone are the days of a group FULL of people trying to take out a event boss and generally having a laugh have changed into go power through the item entry caves or solo hunt leisurely through the event maps...

Back