Dark Damage and Bloodstorm | The Legend of Mir

Dark Damage and Bloodstorm

Nuggets

Just a question regarding the reboot/fix comment about Dark Damage. My Bloodstorm states it causes damage between 1250 and 1820. Using the damage counter under options I've tested this with Critical hit of 100 and crit strike of 10.

I'm consistently hitting in the mid to high 1400's I was before this fix and I still am. (I get a bit more with a critical strike but not near the maximum).

I wouldn't expect every hit to be near the upper end but the hits do seem to be falling far short of what I could achieve. Using Inner Sight and/or a pot buff does increase this but again I'm nowhere near the maximum having tested on a load of mobs in IoD.

Lightning Storm on the other hand which also uses Dark has a max of 3000 and with a crit strike I can hit 4200.

Am I missing something?

Had a play around again this morning and it still consistently hits in the 1400's. Not sure if it's the skill or the Dark Damage fix(?)

Not sure I'm missing something here, just done a quick test myself to check it out.

test.png

The slight reductions in damage output I believe are the result of the target's defenses coming into play to counteract the damage. Don't forget with Bloodstorm, only Dark affects damage whereas Lightning Storm is Lightning and Dark.

#MSPaint4Lyf

Testing on what?

If that was a reply to me then what didn't I explain properly in my first post?

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure I'm missing something here, just done a quick test myself to check it out.

View attachment 518

The slight reductions in damage output I believe are the result of the target's defenses coming into play to counteract the damage. Don't forget with Bloodstorm, only Dark affects damage whereas Lightning Storm is Lightning and Dark.

#MSPaint4Lyf

Thanks for the response. I used LS as an example thinking that if Dark Damage was reduced (as per my comments about Bloodstorm) then the overall damage from LS would also be reduced as it uses Lightning & Dark but that didn't seem to be the case.

However, are you saying that with a max damage of 1800 you would expect to lose 300 due to the target defense per hit? Just trying to understand :)

...depends what you are testing on, you will lose the MAC, plus any resistances, minus any weaknesses

Back