Couple of boss drop files to look at | The Legend of Mir

Couple of boss drop files to look at

Alsiral

Contributor
This is not a moan but more of an observation. Been playing for nearly a month now and there seems to be some inconsistentcy with a couple of bosses and drops. In general I think most seem to be set up ok (at least give you a token for killing relevant for their lvl weather that be a gem or orb etc)

However, there’s a few that leave a sour taste :( TheButcher in old tomb, about 9 kills and nothing but pots, Evil snake in ST, again several kills and all pots.

I’m not saying the files are fundamentally wrong (would be great if a gm could check) but for these 2 it would be nice to at least get a gem / bene/ exp orb etc

This is not a moan but more of an observation. Been playing for nearly a month now and there seems to be some inconsistentcy with a couple of bosses and drops. In general I think most seem to be set up ok (at least give you a token for killing relevant for their lvl weather that be a gem or orb etc)

However, there’s a few that leave a sour taste :( TheButcher in old tomb, about 9 kills and nothing but pots, Evil snake in ST, again several kills and all pots.

I’m not saying the files are fundamentally wrong (would be great if a gm could check) but for these 2 it would be nice to at least get a gem / bene/ exp orb etc

I kinda agree and kinda don't.

Most bosses do have the potential to drop level-appropriate stuff (the ones you mention maybe are needing a bit of a tweak, but most are okay) but such drops are relatively rare.

It would be nice on the occasion that they don't drop a good item that they at least drop something of value, even if it's just a bunch of stuff you can sell to shop and make a few hundred k gold. Only getting pots is a bit of a downer, especially when it's something that takes significant effort and risk to kill.

A typical drop list for a mob would look something like
1/1000 GoodItem1
1/1000 GoodItem2
1/1000 GoodItem3
1/100 OkItem1
1/100 OkItem2
1/100 OkItem3
1/10 ShitItem1
1/10 ShitItem2
1/10 ShitItem3
1/3 Gem1
1/3 Gem2
1/3 Gem3

Remember these are all done by chance, they are not fixed numbers, it's a chance of getting an item drop, so even though 3 things are 1/3 that doesn't mean you'll get 1 each time, it means you'll get 1 each time on average, so you might kill 4 times and get nothing then someone else kills twice and gets all 3 gems both times. Likewise it's technically possible to get every item in the droplist in the one kill, but with the above droplist that would happen once every 9,000,000,000,000,000,000 kills, which is unlikely to happen ever in the lifetime of the game, but that doesn't mean it's impossible, just incredibly unlikely!

Adding a large number of things with drop rates of 1/2 or 1/3 would mean in most kills you'd get at least something of some kind of value, which would certainly prevent the boredom that comes with killing the same thing hundreds of times and getting nothing the majority of the time.

Back