Could not connect issues. | The Legend of Mir

Could not connect issues.

impezi

Newby
Hello

I am having a problem connecting past the server selection page on client. No issues with patching the game.
I can see both servers and user count but when I try to connect and get onto character selection screen I get an error "Could not connect to Arcadia" (same with Project69).
I have been searching through the forums to try and fix the issue and have tried everything I could find which nothing seems to work.
Its almost like the server is denying my connection.

If anyone could help that would be wonderful.

Certainly odd, I am not sure I have come across someone with that specific issue.

We don't actually block connections like that so I don't believe it is our side. I can only imagine that it is something your side - a piece of software or the router even?

Hello

I am having a problem connecting past the server selection page on client. No issues with patching the game.
I can see both servers and user count but when I try to connect and get onto character selection screen I get an error "Could not connect to Arcadia" (same with Project69).
I have been searching through the forums to try and fix the issue and have tried everything I could find which nothing seems to work.
Its almost like the server is denying my connection.

If anyone could help that would be wonderful.

Please do the following

Click the start menu (or press windows key)
Type "cmd" (without the quotes)
Press enter

You will see a black box with white text appear, in that type exactly the following

nmap 145.239.131.110

then press enter

It will probably take between 10 and 20 seconds to complete, then it will output some stuff, copy and paste the entire output here or send it to me in a pm if you prefer

Certainly odd, I am not sure I have come across someone with that specific issue.

We don't actually block connections like that so I don't believe it is our side. I can only imagine that it is something your side - a piece of software or the router even?

I have tried adding file to rules on firewall and antivirus even disabling them did not work. Tried the file in different compatibility modes and run as administrator. I have a BT smart hub - Type a (hub6).

Please do the following

Click the start menu (or press windows key)
Type "cmd" (without the quotes)
Press enter

You will see a black box with white text appear, in that type exactly the following

nmap 145.239.131.110

then press enter

It will probably take between 10 and 20 seconds to complete, then it will output some stuff, copy and paste the entire output here or send it to me in a pm if you prefer

Here is the text.

C:\Users\Impezi>nmap 145.239.131.110
Starting Nmap 7.80 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2020-06-05 08:24 GMT Daylight Time
Nmap scan report for ns3082776.ip-145-239-131.eu (145.239.131.110)
Host is up (0.015s latency).
Not shown: 992 filtered ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
3000/tcp open ppp
3001/tcp open nessus
7000/tcp open afs3-fileserver
7001/tcp open afs3-callback
7002/tcp open afs3-prserver
7100/tcp open font-service
7200/tcp open fodms
7201/tcp open dlip

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 5.61 seconds

Here is the text.

C:\Users\Impezi>nmap 145.239.131.110
Starting Nmap 7.80 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2020-06-05 08:24 GMT Daylight Time
Nmap scan report for ns3082776.ip-145-239-131.eu (145.239.131.110)
Host is up (0.015s latency).
Not shown: 992 filtered ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
3000/tcp open ppp
3001/tcp open nessus
7000/tcp open afs3-fileserver
7001/tcp open afs3-callback
7002/tcp open afs3-prserver
7100/tcp open font-service
7200/tcp open fodms
7201/tcp open dlip

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 5.61 seconds

Thanks. From that I can say with pretty high confidence that your connection is not being blocked by any antivirus/router/anything like that

Next thing I would check is that the files you have are correct, maybe something has gone wrong with the executable. Delete the file mir2.exe and let the autopatcher re-download it for you

Thanks. From that I can say with pretty high confidence that your connection is not being blocked by any antivirus/router/anything like that

Next thing I would check is that the files you have are correct, maybe something has gone wrong with the executable. Delete the file mir2.exe and let the autopatcher re-download it for you

Hello. I have tried that several times even removed the whole folder and re-downloaded. tried uninstalling anti-virus. Turned off router firewall and windows firewall. Does the game use a different port then the autopatcher?

The patcher connects to port 80 whereas the server uses (from what I remember), 5500, 7000, 7100, 7200-7220.

For example, in particular, if you could not connect to port 7000 then I would expect to see the error you are referring to "Could not connect to Arcadia"

Not just different ports, they are entirely different servers :p

Autopatcher and game stats come from one, that you can clearly connect to no problem
Game server is completely separate, that's what the nmap above was confirming, that you could connect to that one, and it seems you can

Last edited:
Hello I have managed to get an old laptop running and tried the game which works fine. I now know it is my computer.

Over the last several days I have tried everything I can think off save a fresh install of windows. I am pretty sure I played Project69 and or Arcadia on my PC some years ago. Would it be possible there is a hidden file somewhere preventing me from establishing a connecting to the login server? Or anyone know of any programs that could be causing the issue apart from antivirus/firewall.

Other then that I am thinking my only option left is a clean install of windows which I would be reluctant to do.

I would also like to say thanks for the help so far.

Hello I have managed to get an old laptop running and tried the game which works fine. I now know it is my computer.

Over the last several days I have tried everything I can think off save a fresh install of windows. I am pretty sure I played Project69 and or Arcadia on my PC some years ago. Would it be possible there is a hidden file somewhere preventing me from establishing a connecting to the login server? Or anyone know of any programs that could be causing the issue apart from antivirus/firewall.

Other then that I am thinking my only option left is a clean install of windows which I would be reluctant to do.

I would also like to say thanks for the help so far.

Glad to hear you were able to finally connect! If you've done a fresh installation of Arcadia then I can't imagine any files remaining in place that would affect it.

Strangely, your symptoms do strongly point to some kind of security setting or anti-virus, but the nmap test above all but rules that out. I'm afraid I'm out of ideas :(

Could be a line the Windows hosts file? Although not sure you can do ip to ip redirects in there

Could be a line the Windows hosts file? Although not sure you can do ip to ip redirects in there

You can, but if that was the case the nmap would have failed to find the correct ports as it would be looking at the wrong host

I'm on Windows 10 too, when I alt+tab out of screen I have two instances of mir running but only one actual instance so I just push the windows key. I think this may be normal

That's not two instances, you have expanded one instance which shows the processes for that one instance

Back