Clear Ring | The Legend of Mir

Clear Ring

Arma

Hi All.

Just want to see if I fully understand how clear ring works.

1. Most mobs will let you run past them no problem
2. Some mobs can see you and will attack
3. Blues and Champs can always see you and grant vision of you to other mobs (Same for bosses I assume)

Is there also a level limit on how clear rings work too? As sometimes I can seemingly run past mobs and other times they seem to catch sight of me right away and attack (This has been most noticeable on the Easter Islands with the Lighting and Flame Minos)

I think its kinda random tbh like sometimes a certain mob will not see you i.e a BloodArcher, but a more "intelligent" BloodArcher can see you.

This is down to a specific monster behaviour type that we choose for certain monsters. Not all monsters are like this, there are some caves where none of the monsters are able to detect you with a clear ring. There is a certain behaviour type that affects each monster as it is loaded into a map during a respawn that has a random chance of being able to detect players shrouded with invisibility.

Without going through an entire list of who can and who can't see you, as a rule of thumb, we usually state the following can see you through clear rings (though there are some exceptions):

1) Bosses
2) Sub-Bosses
3) Supers & Champions (and any monsters under the influence of the nearby Supers & Champions)
4) Monsters that inflict paralysis effects (Melee only - i.e. a monster that hits you within melee range - 1 cell - example: WedgeMoths, Terrors/SavageTerrors etc.)
5) Elemental Ranged types? (Need to check this) (E.g. Left/Right Guards, Flame Elementals)

Certain monster types who's behaviour has a chance to detect you (again, there are exceptions):

1) Archer types. (E.g. Zuma Archers, Blood Archers, Rogues)
2) Stone Slumber Mobs, i.e. monsters that awaken from a stone state when the player is in proximity. (E.g. Zuma Statues/Guardians)
-- Exclusions being those specially scripted. They can have a different behaviour ID. (E.g. SvaltusTrollKing, guess this falls under the boss category)
3) There's a name for these but can't think of the name - example: FlamingWooma, WoomaFighter.

Fun Fact: Did you know there's a certain monster behaviour type that has been in the game since the beginning that has the power to remove clear ring effects from the player (small chance)?

This is down to a specific monster behaviour type that we choose for certain monsters. Not all monsters are like this, there are some caves where none of the monsters are able to detect you with a clear ring. There is a certain behaviour type that affects each monster as it is loaded into a map during a respawn that has a random chance of being able to detect players shrouded with invisibility.

Without going through an entire list of who can and who can't see you, as a rule of thumb, we usually state the following can see you through clear rings (though there are some exceptions):

1) Bosses
2) Sub-Bosses
3) Supers & Champions (and any monsters under the influence of the nearby Supers & Champions)
4) Monsters that inflict paralysis effects (Melee only - i.e. a monster that hits you within melee range - 1 cell - example: WedgeMoths, Terrors/SavageTerrors etc.)
5) Elemental Ranged types? (Need to check this) (E.g. Left/Right Guards, Flame Elementals)

Certain monster types who's behaviour has a chance to detect you (again, there are exceptions):

1) Archer types. (E.g. Zuma Archers, Blood Archers, Rogues)
2) Stone Slumber Mobs, i.e. monsters that awaken from a stone state when the player is in proximity. (E.g. Zuma Statues/Guardians)
-- Exclusions being those specially scripted. They can have a different behaviour ID. (E.g. SvaltusTrollKing, guess this falls under the boss category)
3) There's a name for these but can't think of the name - example: FlamingWooma, WoomaFighter.

Fun Fact: Did you know there's a certain monster behaviour type that has been in the game since the beginning that has the power to remove clear ring effects from the player (small chance)?

blues and red mobs do this if you attack them

Back