Class Balancing | The Legend of Mir

Class Balancing

hello everyone!
i rly like mir arcadia. Andy did a great job making mir2 ''modern'' with sockets, enchanting system, alchemist and arcamons.
my goal here is to balance the classes. We all know war kill tao, tao kill wiz, wiz kill war, but actually there is an abyss of difference beetwen a war a wizz and a tao. i'm not talking only about pvp i'm on about killing bosses / lvling.
We know war has very high single target dmg, wizz have HUGE aoe, and tao is a support class. But meeeh.... i did some tests on the training dummy with my little lvl 125 warrior (well kitted) in 1 minute (60secs) i did 205.000 dmg on the dummy. Then i tried with my tao lvl 150 superkitted (one of the higest SC in game) with pets i did 120.000 dmg on the dummy, almost HALF of a lvl 125 warrior? what happen if i try with a lvl 150 warr with similar kit of my tao? it proably does 500k dmg (more than 4 times my dmg)
so i was asking myself what's the reason i play tao? since with a lvl 130 tao with normal kit, i can provide ''almost'' the same benefits for my party? heal is the same, redpsn is the same, UE same, mp/hp regen same just some less AC and AMC and pets a little less stronger. who cares they are just dead meat when you hunt.
People keep saying ''yea but tao has strong pets bla bla''. i can defnelly answer what about mages? they can have 5 and potentially way stronger than tao's and if they play well, they can keep them forever since now they remain tamed even if you relog.
so again i ask myself, WHY DO I HAVE TO PLAY tao? when mages can lvl faster than me, they have stronger pets than mine, warriors can lvl faster than me (since with a big kit and a lot of fire they TOTALLY DESTROY big lures with firefrenezy) and they can solo kill bosses 4-5 times faster (even more) than me. what i can do as a tao? Devilsvision, yea good spell but i need to use another kit to make it rly effective (mages and warr dont). what about toxic gas? why is a so USELESS spell? once it was the only way a tao could make good aoe, why now it's a total bullshit? 190dmg every 3sec LOL.
i rly think taos need a BIG BUFF on their spell.
Not even talking about the pvp situation, wich is even worse, warrior deals INSANELY HIGH damage cause they scale so bad with the kits (taos and mages dont) i rly think we should be able to repent warriors (-20% dmg) and we need at least 10% phisical resistence on our soulshield (since mages dragonshield has 45% phisical damage reduction or something like that) what about making skell and shinsu benefit from attak speed? that could recude the gap beetwen taos and warrior on boss solo killing.

I agree with what he said. Like tao I need 10..11 min to kill a boss with 1150 sc. The warrior needs 2 minutes.
I have not yet figured why he reduce the UE from 100 to 60....not to mention the new shinsu...who is dumber then ever

my opinion - tao's are balanced enough to boss/pk/lvl . so what it takes you longer to kill a boss , if u wanna kill bosses fast then use a warrior . You cant expect to kill a boss with 1m + hp in less than 5mins on a SUPPORT class .
EDIT : Repent in pvp would be dope tho

would be nice if GM looked at toxic gas (choice of poison, red or green)damage to mobs . Maybe look at pet walk speed (very slow to get to mobs)
sync pets to help Tao would be very useful.
reference kill rate.needs some buff but said that with confusion & DV skills and pets leveling can be fairly quick.
ideas only...
best wishes
TaoLoaf

use zombie charger instead of toxic gas its literally 1000 x better , and put your pets on aggressive and i guarantee you they are a lot faster

This kind of thing is what makes me not really want to level my tao. I go it sometimes and just think "nahh, why bother"

I've never played a high level tao, but I do think they seem to get the hard end of the stick, as every tao (except 5*) seems to complain about underpowering.

Although, that said, maybe 5* is the only one who has figured out how to play the class properly, the rest of us just need more practice?

After writing this I'm actually feeling a little bit inspired, might give my tao another try afterall....

5StarTao has been at the top of the Taoist pile for years, another good player who I think people forget about is Ella, that dude would be sick at 155+. You’ve gotta enjoy a tao to be able to play one

hello everyone!
i rly like mir arcadia. Andy did a great job making mir2 ''modern'' with sockets, enchanting system, alchemist and arcamons.
my goal here is to balance the classes. We all know war kill tao, tao kill wiz, wiz kill war, but actually there is an abyss of difference beetwen a war a wizz and a tao. i'm not talking only about pvp i'm on about killing bosses / lvling.
We know war has very high single target dmg, wizz have HUGE aoe, and tao is a support class. But meeeh.... i did some tests on the training dummy with my little lvl 125 warrior (well kitted) in 1 minute (60secs) i did 205.000 dmg on the dummy. Then i tried with my tao lvl 150 superkitted (one of the higest SC in game) with pets i did 120.000 dmg on the dummy, almost HALF of a lvl 125 warrior? what happen if i try with a lvl 150 warr with similar kit of my tao? it proably does 500k dmg (more than 4 times my dmg)
so i was asking myself what's the reason i play tao? since with a lvl 130 tao with normal kit, i can provide ''almost'' the same benefits for my party? heal is the same, redpsn is the same, UE same, mp/hp regen same just some less AC and AMC and pets a little less stronger. who cares they are just dead meat when you hunt.
People keep saying ''yea but tao has strong pets bla bla''. i can defnelly answer what about mages? they can have 5 and potentially way stronger than tao's and if they play well, they can keep them forever since now they remain tamed even if you relog.
so again i ask myself, WHY DO I HAVE TO PLAY tao? when mages can lvl faster than me, they have stronger pets than mine, warriors can lvl faster than me (since with a big kit and a lot of fire they TOTALLY DESTROY big lures with firefrenezy) and they can solo kill bosses 4-5 times faster (even more) than me. what i can do as a tao? Devilsvision, yea good spell but i need to use another kit to make it rly effective (mages and warr dont). what about toxic gas? why is a so USELESS spell? once it was the only way a tao could make good aoe, why now it's a total bullshit? 190dmg every 3sec LOL.
i rly think taos need a BIG BUFF on their spell.
Not even talking about the pvp situation, wich is even worse, warrior deals INSANELY HIGH damage cause they scale so bad with the kits (taos and mages dont) i rly think we should be able to repent warriors (-20% dmg) and we need at least 10% phisical resistence on our soulshield (since mages dragonshield has 45% phisical damage reduction or something like that) what about making skell and shinsu benefit from attak speed? that could recude the gap beetwen taos and warrior on boss solo killing.

Warriors only kill shit tao's.

Tao pets are op at the minute. Sc that is now out there makes tao pets merk warriors. Tao's kill warrior and wizz.

A warrior can kill bosses quicker but at a higher risk. For instance killing a boss how often does a tao rev?

LR on tao pets last a couple of seconds making them nearly un-catch able. So no pvp aint balanced taos rape.

5StarTao has been at the top of the Taoist pile for years, another good player who I think people forget about is Ella, that dude would be sick at 155+. You’ve gotta enjoy a tao to be able to play one

well, tbh ella use cheats. try to observe and u will understand...

5star is diffrent matter, he is a skilled player even if he does not have the best kit in the game

Well, to start with I have made Toxic Gas more useful. It got out of date with the power scales.

I will look into the other issues and consider the options

This kind of thing is what makes me not really want to level my tao. I go it sometimes and just think "nahh, why bother"

I've never played a high level tao, but I do think they seem to get the hard end of the stick, as every tao (except 5*) seems to complain about underpowering.

Although, that said, maybe 5* is the only one who has figured out how to play the class properly, the rest of us just need more practice?

After writing this I'm actually feeling a little bit inspired, might give my tao another try afterall....

disagree zade mate all Tao's play different. some like to use DV others confusion and some as just support class on hunts,
but it's nice to get feedback from other Tao's on their style of play.
Nice that Andy is looking into Toxic gas:) seem to recall it eats green poison maybe this could be looked at so it uses same amount of poison as zoombie charger.
best wishes
TaoLoaf

- - - Updated - - -

Well, to start with I have made Toxic Gas more useful. It got out of date with the power scales.

I will look into the other issues and consider the options

Hi Andy,
any chance of putting poison/amulets into same box (split box like hp/mp) so Tao's don't lose space for brace ?
Are the mechanics of this to hard to do?. Would make life a lot easier if we didn't have to keep swapping out poison / amulet and brace every time::(
Tao's fully loaded have a lot of skills to work at once would be nice to have one less skill to think about.
just a thought, cheer Andy.
best wishes
TaoLoaf

Last edited:
Hi Andy,
any chance of putting poison/amulets into same box (split box like hp/mp) so Tao's don't lose space for brace ?
Are the mechanics of this to hard to do?. Would make life a lot easier if we didn't have to keep swapping out poison / amulet and brace every time::(
Tao's fully loaded have a lot of skills to work at once would be nice to have one less skill to think about.
best wishes
TaoLoaf

I didn't even realise poison and amulet could go on brace position. I just have one in the bottom left slot on character and other 2 on quick buttons.

For example I have amulet in amulet position and quick buttons will look like [1=TT] [2=RT] [3=red poison] [4=green poison] [5=HP] [6=MP]
So I just press 3 and red poison swaps with amulet, then press 4 and green poison swaps with red poison, then press 3 and amulet swaps with green poison etc. etc.

I always assumed that's how everyone did it. How else can it be done? Do you open your bag and move it onto your brace? That seems like a lot of effort if you are in a busy position like a boss or pvp

disagree zade mate all Tao's play different. some like to use DV others confusion and some as just support class on hunts,
but it's nice to get feedback from other Tao's on their style of play.
Nice that Andy is looking into Toxic gas:) seem to recall it eats green poison maybe this could be looked at so it uses same amount of poison as zoombie charger.
best wishes
TaoLoaf

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Andy,
best wishes
TaoLoaf

Totally agree with this! thank you.

The Amulet slot was added solely for Taoists and now you want another one? May as well remove Poison and Amulets from the game completely.

Back