Cave entry levels | The Legend of Mir

Cave entry levels

zad48231

Leading Contributor
Could it please be considered for next event that we have the narrower bands and minimum entry levels for the caves like we had before, can't remember which event it was, but we had one that was set up with about 10 different copies of the cave and the requirements overlapped such that everyone could access exactly 2 maps. It's hard enough to get good lures in the GP caves but when you run into big groups of lower level people it's just really frustrating :(

Easter event setup was one of my favorites as far as levels were concerned. Was like 15-20different level ranges iirc

Also I'm curious has anyone else noticed rune rates turned pretty shitty earlier today? By any chance maybe a ninja nerf?

Rune rates have been dismal for me the whole event. Have yet to make 1 large rune (of any type). Pretty disappointed.

Loving the event but also I bit disappointed in amount of runes. Bought a whole new kit hoping to rune them up. Half way through event now and I nearly have 1 large Sc and 1 large SA stone....not even enough for my helmet never mind everything else.
Spending hours hunting and dropping a few drop pots
Still having fun but was hoping for more runes. Easter had
more imo

Last edited:
I don’t think they were nerfed. They seem to have dropped at a low level through out.

This issue was we promised loads of runes and xp. Really is runes and items. I have 0 issue with this and think event is great bar the entry bandings. But I can understand when people think there will be a chance to get 5 1% stones for their kit

I don’t think they were nerfed. They seem to have dropped at a low level through out.

This issue was we promised loads of runes and xp. Really is runes and items. I have 0 issue with this and think event is great bar the entry bandings. But I can understand when people think there will be a chance to get 5 1% stones for their kit

Yeah, that's the thing.

Experience wise, spot on Scorp. Outstanding and thank you.

Runes wise, big, big disappointment. I do have issue with this as a) Its not what the GM indicated and b) does nothing to address the issue of people wanting stupid gg for runes. If things are going for a reasonable price I will splash out and buy some gg. If things are stupidly priced well, I am no fool and my cc stays in my pocket.

Still time for Scorp to address the issue (if he sees it as an issue) but, runes wise, this event is one damp squib!

Personally I think it's too late to sort the rune issue for the event. But hopefully he sees the feedback and can make changes to the normal way of things or plan for the Christmas event.

Exp wise and drops wise is amazing...maybe too amazing :p Event is top class, its only the runes im feeling a bit disappointed with

In terms of runes I think it’s the spectres that let the side down. If they had a 50% better drop rate then this would not be an issue imo.

On the flip side, the reapers drop very nice but too easy for people to camp

i think the runes of this event are plentiful enough its just that a minority of people are camping the reapers

You have a choice with event. Farm runes or farm exp and des/ess. Honestly I'm kinda disappointed with value on some runes as they're somewhat useless. Hp rune prices really haven't dropped though.

Going by the traders lots of ruins are dropping, and the exp ain’t to bad, would agree though, level bias caves would spread people out more. Daft low levels getting in high level caves. But the open areas and cave set up has been really good.

Basically you have most warriors camping reapers and grim reaper , they get all the best runes. Wizards get the GP cave for exp and items/ancient shrines (s runes) since those god damn spectres make it so annoying to go anywhere else

all in all, very fun event and nice to do something different !

Basically you have most warriors camping reapers and grim reaper , they get all the best runes. Wizards get the GP cave for exp and items/ancient shrines (s runes) since those god damn spectres make it so annoying to go anywhere else

Utter bollocks

Talk to Danielle, farms grim reapers. Rts from me on sight :( tbh can farm em just as easily on tao or wiz.

Talk to Danielle, farms grim reapers. Rts from me on sight :( tbh can farm em just as easily on tao or wiz.

yeah for sure ive killed afew on wiz but so much easier on warr when you know you gotta kill fast before someone comes along to pk ^^

Firstly, sorry people felt cheated on runes! (although we have mixed reports here) We spawned something like 500 compared with the previous 300 rune droppers but I appreciate that they were spread out and hidden underground (spectres)

The idea behind spectres was to limit farming which was done in previous years - players just rt about to get chests. I will check over numbers and adjust for next time. It is possible that a large number of spectres remained unfound

I doubt I will ever be encouraged to add more than 5 regions (to this particular event especially since it was so vast). Each of these 5 instances were larger than the first Hellraiser event we had and was shared by all players and a similar usercount.

What exactly was the reason people below 160 went into the 160 + areas? If we can answer that then maybe that issue can be resolved. Personally it would make no sense to me based on how things were supposed to be balanced.

Event was great thanks. I've even come round to the idea there may have been enough runes dropped....I just didn't get many.

I guess under 160's went in to get higher items dropped.

The main problem is that most involved players are over 160. On some weekends and evenings it was difficult to find enough mobs to make it worth while going into the caves. I found myself playing as much as possible during the day and just not bothering some evenings

Firstly, sorry people felt cheated on runes! (although we have mixed reports here) We spawned something like 500 compared with the previous 300 rune droppers but I appreciate that they were spread out and hidden underground (spectres)

The idea behind spectres was to limit farming which was done in previous years - players just rt about to get chests. I will check over numbers and adjust for next time. It is possible that a large number of spectres remained unfound

I doubt I will ever be encouraged to add more than 5 regions (to this particular event especially since it was so vast). Each of these 5 instances were larger than the first Hellraiser event we had and was shared by all players and a similar usercount.

What exactly was the reason people below 160 went into the 160 + areas? If we can answer that then maybe that issue can be resolved. Personally it would make no sense to me based on how things were supposed to be balanced.

Event was great thanks. I've even come round to the idea there may have been enough runes dropped....I just didn't get many.

I guess under 160's went in to get higher items dropped.

The main problem is that most involved players are over 160. On some weekends and evenings it was difficult to find enough mobs to make it worth while going into the caves. I found myself playing as much as possible during the day and just not bothering some evenings

Yep that was the sticky bit for me. I actually had time off work for this event but was really discouraged by the amount of people in the GP caves, the non-gp caves I got very few drops and very low exp, so only place for me was the GP bit, but every floor always had people RTing around looking for blue/red mobs and shrines, so I ended up just clearing all the mobs and getting less stuff than people who spent half as much time. Kinda felt cheated out of the rewards I could have got.

I think the prospect of higher level drops was encouraging lower level people to give the top GP cave a try. I'd make it a lot harder, no RT, no tele ring, no clear ring, and pack the place with mobs, just make it too hard for them and the best drop rates only on deeper floors that the lower levels won't be able to reach. There was no real challenge here, could get to either KR in 1 minute.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if that sounded a bit negative, I'm strongly encouraged by the clearly massive amount of work that went into it. It was a good event for most people, it just didn't give me any satisfaction

Just de activate rt’s in those caves... it’s so simple. Only allow them in deeper caves where there’s pk

Back