Bug with wizz spell casting | The Legend of Mir

Bug with wizz spell casting

Aro

Hi Andy,

I have noticed a very annoying bug in wizz casting. I am fairly certain it started at the recent update.

If I attempt to cast a spell at the same time a mob makes me flinch the game is registering that I have used the skill and the cooldown delay starts, but the skill has not been used.

E.g yesterday I ran into a group of mobs in tomb to cop, it didn't work. Then while attempting to flee i tried bloodstorm 3 times none worked, then at near death trans didnt work lol

I have asked around and other wizz are also experiencing this.

Had similar issues with tao skills. Confusion doesn't seem to lock onto archers in tomb. Maybe lag spike but happens far to much.

Hi Andy,

I have noticed a very annoying bug in wizz casting. I am fairly certain it started at the recent update.

If I attempt to cast a spell at the same time a mob makes me flinch the game is registering that I have used the skill and the cooldown delay starts, but the skill has not been used.

E.g yesterday I ran into a group of mobs in tomb to cop, it didn't work. Then while attempting to flee i tried bloodstorm 3 times none worked, then at near death trans didnt work lol

I have asked around and other wizz are also experiencing this.

Yep it's been like this for last 2 weeks i'v just been to lazy to post and was surprised no other wiz had posted yet lol so thanks aro for finaly doing it

Same situation as aro expect in crystal , in middle of lure then copy doesn't cast but goes into cool down then bloodstorm doesn't can't and goes into kewl down = night night creemy lol, GM's probably loving it because the revival scrolls sales went up in last 2 weeks lol I alone probablyou used about 20 due to this glitch

Think battlecharge is bugged too, mysteriously changed from 4 seconds to 8 many moons ago

I also think having confused mob hit a boss and you get 0 drop is extremely harsh, utilising your spells and you get penalised, any way this could be sorted? Considering we can’t confuse blue/champ monsters however a warrior can Lion roar / Battle charge / Entrap, also can’t confuse “Lancer” mobs on Crystal Cave? Any reason to this?

@Scorpian - You should also add playing tagging on forums. So we can get your attention and others attention via the Notification Center.

@Scorpian - You should also add playing tagging on forums. So we can get your attention and others attention via the Notification Center.
In an ideal world I'd agree with you on this, but we both know, as does Andy, that such a feature would get abused to the moon and back and all that would happen is he has a million notifications to look through instead of a million forum posts, so no actual net gain

Think battlecharge is bugged too, mysteriously changed from 4 seconds to 8 many moons ago

I noticed this when I came back. Going on Andy’s idea from another post maybe when there’s lvl 4 spells it could be reduced to 6 or 7 seconds

SvatusKnight can stun/yellow you.

@Scorpian
Been having this issue since i started in the summer, especially with COP.

Now i notice it happening more often, happens even regularly now with BloodStorm.

Could it be a ping related issue?

I'm wondering if it's a client issue...

Is it possible the client registers the button press, initiates the function to send the signal to the server that a spell has been cast, then begins the cool down, but the function that sends it to server never gets round to it due to some obscure combination of other (possibly unrelated) events?

That's a complete guess off the top of my head, but it fits what I've experienced. The only pattern I can see is that it only seems to happen when there's a lot of mobs around me. Just normal mobs in crystal temple, no blues/reds or anything special. People above have said it's happened to a few spells, weirdly it does only seem to affect spells that have a cooldown. I use CoP, bloodstorm and translocate a lot and it's happened to all 3. Any spells that don't have a cooldown would be harder to spot, but I think I'd notice if a spell failed to cast and I don't recall ever seeing that happen in this way, so it could be related to some inner workings of the cooldown mechanism. Again, just a calculated guess.

Can't say if it's unique to CT or not, as that's the only place I regularly go on my wiz.

It doesn't happen every time, it's not the kind of thing that's fixed by the advice some people gave me in game "relog and see if that clears it" whatever "clears it" looks like I don't know. For an example of scale, this morning I spend 3 hours in CT and it happened once. Last night I spent 3 hours in CT and it happened about 5 times. That's out of thousands of casts of these spells, so it's certainly not common, but it always seems to happen at the worst possible moment which is what makes it such a deadly and annoying bug.

Back