Blue and red circles | The Legend of Mir

Blue and red circles

Alsiral

Contributor
This topic was mentioned a few years back, maybe there is more appetite for change in nearly 2023!

how about getting rid of the circles? Keep the champ notifications maybe to avoid too much potential danger.

benifits:
stops people being lazy and just rt’ing around for blue n red mobs
more fair for all
more benefit for the people who put in the graft

cons:
people moan for a week cos they don’t like change
wizzards cry cos they have to put a little more effort into finding supers and champs to tame (that are massively op anyways so that’s probably a pro not a con)

any chance of a poll on fb? Or a trial week?

I do agree it would stop the rting around to kill em and that would be awesome. But at the same time it's nice knowing when a random champ with 2000 extra DC is about to smack me.

I do agree it would stop the rting around to kill em and that would be awesome. But at the same time it's nice knowing when a random champ with 2000 extra DC is about to smack me.
Agreed, he seems why keep the notification on

Maybe a solution is the red blue circle don’t appear until the mob is engaged in combat or within a 9/9 box of the player , meaning you have to actively engage mobs to find the super or champ

It's a great reason for the change its just difficult to find a better alternative. Mob level is a good way to see the difference without the coloured rings, that only takes the flick of a curser to see which mob is a super or champ from a distance. That used to be the only way to do it in ZumaDungeon.

Another option which isn't going to be popular is to make them less valuable, this would make it less appealing and more expensive to waste time/pots solely finding them.

To balance this change you could make the killchain bonuses more effective, which would be more rewarding for people and encourage them to hunt using that method instead.

I mean original mir you could easily tell supers from normals cause they moved damn near 3 times the speed of them. I like the idea of the distance/combat based circles but it seems like a coding nightmare to do

Ki
It's a great reason for the change its just difficult to find a better alternative. Mob level is a good way to see the difference without the coloured rings, that only takes the flick of a curser to see which mob is a super or champ from a distance. That used to be the only way to do it in ZumaDungeon.

Another option which isn't going to be popular is to make them less valuable, this would make it less appealing and more expensive to waste time/pots solely finding them.

To balance this change you could make the killchain bonuses more effective, which would be more rewarding for people and encourage them to hunt using that method instead.
Kill chain is wildly undervalued, people just don't seem to realise how much of a bonus it gives. I get more drops just clearing areas than I do from just killing supers and champs. Maybe it just needs to be made more obvious

I like the idea of increasing the bonuses though. It goes up to level 12 now, maybe an extension of that could work. Keep levels 1-12 as they are and add another 10 levels on that give more bonuses but are hard to keep up, take lots of kills to get and drops fast

The problem with kill chains is they aren't very well explained to noobs. I made 2 140+ toons before I figured out wtf they were and their benefits. Hell I just found out yesterday about the demon souls daily quest for kill chains. Didn't know it was daily so I put off doing it.

Ty to bynnel for explaining to me lol

The problem with kill chains is they aren't very well explained to noobs. I made 2 140+ toons before I figured out wtf they were and their benefits. Hell I just found out yesterday about the demon souls daily quest for kill chains. Didn't know it was daily so I put off doing it.

Ty to bynnel for explaining to me lol
Maybe it's time for a new FAQ

I think the blue messages in game are mostly useless. Could do with a refresh.
Also the under level 150 buffs should be automatically applied depending on your level range. Most new players don't know about it.

Yeah agree, the need to type it each time you log in, or copy and paste it at the lower levels just feels outdated to the way modern games are streamlined these days.

Back