Auction House Fees & GamePoint Cave Sales | The Legend of Mir

Auction House Fees & GamePoint Cave Sales

Scorpian

Administrator
Staff member
Storage Abuses

I wanted to discuss the Auction house / Trust Merchant and how it is being used as an extended storage facility.
Obviously this is not its intended feature and it is allowing certain abuses, especially since you can open the facility in any Safe Zone

There are a number of possible solutions, maybe each could be used

• Cannot withdraw a listed item for 1, 2, 3 days
  • Greater one off deposit fees
  • % based deposit fee (this could also encourage players to price other items more appropriately)

GamePoint Cave Sales

We were actually due to fix/remove the ability to use AH in Safe Zone (outside of town) but players were having so much fun selling flowers in GP caves that we didn't. I think though that this has gotten a little out of hand now and there's too much cash coming into game.

Possible solutions:

• Add a special SZ in each GP area (make it slightly more difficult to put these items into AH)
  • Add a sales NPC somewhere in these maps (may actually make it easier and increase profits, plus prevents the sales mule in town from getting a cut)
  • Reduce the sale value of these items (reduces profits outside of GP caves too)
  • Lower the drop rate of these items (probably the best solution)

Add a sales NPC somewhere in these maps (may actually make it easier and increase profits, plus prevents the sales mule in town from getting a cut)

I like the sound of that 1 would just make it better as you would have too run allway back to the map the npc is on to sell up to level more i dont think ah should work there maybe just for red items maybe but that would be a lot of codeing

All these areas are op af!! Double the cost of going there!! They were made to be a sink for gp and are nothing more than a gp overflow to mid levels

Yeah they should be "special" areas but it's so easy to get the GP required to get in they are pretty much just normal levelling caves, there should be an actual cost.

I'd just cut the drop rates of flowers etc. massively, at least half or even less, and reconsider the GP cost of entering.

Maybe could be some kind of weekly quota, for example instead of 1 GP per 8 mins, make it 1 GP per 15 mins for first hour, then 2 GP per 15 mins for 2nd hour, 3 GP per 15 mins for 3rd hour and so on, and each player's "time spent in GP cave" resets once a week, so if you're in there 24hrs a day then by the 24th hour it'll be costing you 24 GP every 15 mins, that gets unmanageable if you're really grinding it out and forces you to hunt somewhere else for a bit, while allowing more casual players to enjoy it at lower cost

Why not just have a maximum number of times a player can use the auction house per 24 hours
Something like 50. If you wanna waste your 50 times on flowers go for it but it would only be like 2.5mil a day you get.

Or make minimum auction house price 100k to prevent other players buying your flowers for profit. Again if you wanted to put flowers in ah you’d have to buy them yourself on a second character and sell them to gain profit. But this requires time where your gp would be used as you sell while your character is afk in game point cave.

Why not just have a maximum number of times a player can use the auction house per 24 hours
Something like 50. If you wanna waste your 50 times on flowers go for it but it would only be like 2.5mil a day you get.

Or make minimum auction house price 100k to prevent other players buying your flowers for profit. Again if you wanted to put flowers in ah you’d have to buy them yourself on a second character and sell them to gain profit. But this requires time where your gp would be used as you sell while your character is afk in game point cave.

That would just result in many more store chars being created. Having more gold ingame has no negative fact on the server as a whole it just increases prices on rare items because ther is more gold. It also lowers GG prices too. That in turn would increase donations as less gg being created to players unless they become lucky getting a drop. The solution is quite simple, make it so the minmum price you can put in ah is 100k. That would prevent people putting flowers and potions in ah thus stopping the sale of Flowers and potions through ah that you are able to sell to an npc. That is the easiest solution.

Sticking a NPC somewhere in these caves sounds like the best idea. Reducing the amount of drops sounds OK but then some middle man is still making gold and these drops can be used to make potions so are quite handy to have as much lichen etc dropping.

Please DO NOT make "Cannot withdraw a listed item for 1, 2, 3 days" a rule. This is a terrible idea. It is a common mistake for ppl to put in 1000Gold in stead of 1000GG. Would be an absolute nightmare to sell a Celest Brace for 1k gold!!!

I think the whole Auction House system needs to looked at but its probably a horribly annoying/large job for you.

That would just result in many more store chars being created. Having more gold ingame has no negative fact on the server as a whole it just increases prices on rare items because ther is more gold. It also lowers GG prices too. That in turn would increase donations as less gg being created to players unless they become lucky getting a drop. The solution is quite simple, make it so the minmum price you can put in ah is 100k. That would prevent people putting flowers and potions in ah thus stopping the sale of Flowers and potions through ah that you are able to sell to an npc. That is the easiest solution.

Lol that’s exactly what I said

Re: Auction House Fees & GamePoint Cave Sales

Sorry i have to disagree with my buds al and zade..

While these maps are great fun for higher levels to burn gp in they are quite the challenge for new players to gain and maintain the gp required.

I myself burned 4k gp on my higher lvl char in 2 weeks so it does work as a sync, but when im offered to join a group on my noob im so apprehensive because i struggle so much with gp on a 130 war.

Perhaps make the new orcs gp cave burn gp at rate of 5 - 10 times faster than the lower level ones?

I love that desert city is a safe zone and to be honest scorp if any player is willing to gather, list, sell and then claim the reward from ah in gp caves then let them be. It is incredibly monitious, i used to sell ancientlichens before i realised the time spent plus the ah sink was costing me more than the trader price.

But if you must restrict this why not add one or two npcs in these maps that will pay half the normal price?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry i have to disagree with my buds al and zade..

While these maps are great fun for higher levels to burn gp in they are quite the challenge for new players to gain and maintain the gp required.

I myself burned 4k gp on my higher lvl char in 2 weeks so it does work as a sync, but when im offered to join a group on my noob im so apprehensive because i struggle so much with gp on a 130 war.

Perhaps make the new orcs gp cave burn gp at rate of 5 - 10 times faster than the lower level ones?

I love that desert city is a safe zone and to be honest scorp if any player is willing to gather, list, sell and then claim the reward from ah in gp caves then let them be. It is incredibly monitious, i used to sell ancientlichens before i realised the time spent plus the ah sink was costing me more than the trader price.

But if you must restrict this why not add one or two npcs in these maps that will pay half the normal price?

Storage Abuses

I wanted to discuss the Auction house / Trust Merchant and how it is being used as an extended storage facility.
Obviously this is not its intended feature and it is allowing certain abuses, especially since you can open the facility in any Safe Zone

There are a number of possible solutions, maybe each could be used

• Cannot withdraw a listed item for 1, 2, 3 days
  • Greater one off deposit fees
  • % based deposit fee (this could also encourage players to price other items more appropriately)

GamePoint Cave Sales

We were actually due to fix/remove the ability to use AH in Safe Zone (outside of town) but players were having so much fun selling flowers in GP caves that we didn't. I think though that this has gotten a little out of hand now and there's too much cash coming into game.

Possible solutions:

• Add a special SZ in each GP area (make it slightly more difficult to put these items into AH)
  • Add a sales NPC somewhere in these maps (may actually make it easier and increase profits, plus prevents the sales mule in town from getting a cut)
  • Reduce the sale value of these items (reduces profits outside of GP caves too)
  • Lower the drop rate of these items (probably the best solution)

Lowering the drop rate is not the best solution, as if it isn’t hard enuff getting flowers to make pots as it is perhaps make a npc in maps where they can sell the items dropped but reducing drop rate for flowers is hard work and will increase the price for the ones that are dropped basically will become so hard to make dc mc sc or panda/haste pots.

- - - Updated - - -

All these areas are op af!! Double the cost of going there!! They were made to be a sink for gp and are nothing more than a gp overflow to mid levels

I disagree , lower levels find it hard enough as it is to get gps and to make it more costly well
Bellends like AlsirAl will jus abuse the lvling areas Cos characters like
His have 5k gp where as new players wudnt stand a chance going their.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah they should be "special" areas but it's so easy to get the GP required to get in they are pretty much just normal levelling caves, there should be an actual cost.

I'd just cut the drop rates of flowers etc. massively, at least half or even less, and reconsider the GP cost of entering.

Maybe could be some kind of weekly quota, for example instead of 1 GP per 8 mins, make it 1 GP per 15 mins for first hour, then 2 GP per 15 mins for 2nd hour, 3 GP per 15 mins for 3rd hour and so on, and each player's "time spent in GP cave" resets once a week, so if you're in there 24hrs a day then by the 24th hour it'll be costing you 24 GP every 15 mins, that gets unmanageable if you're really grinding it out and forces you to hunt somewhere else for a bit, while allowing more casual players to enjoy it at lower cost

Ofc u wud say this ur nearly 175 like geeeek let the lower levels stand a chance mr zade no everyone dedicates their life to Mir unlike you, other people who work for a pound note also need a chance to lvl in good areas without it costing them
A arm and a leg?

Ofc if ur zade then you jus play 24/7 and have no job then yea go for it ........

Lowering the drop rate is not the best solution, as if it isn’t hard enuff getting flowers to make pots as it is perhaps make a npc in maps where they can sell the items dropped but reducing drop rate for flowers is hard work and will increase the price for the ones that are dropped basically will become so hard to make dc mc sc or panda/haste pots.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree , lower levels find it hard enough as it is to get gps and to make it more costly well
Bellends like AlsirAl will jus abuse the lvling areas Cos characters like
His have 5k gp where as new players wudnt stand a chance going their.

- - - Updated - - -

Ofc u wud say this ur nearly 175 like geeeek let the lower levels stand a chance mr zade no everyone dedicates their life to Mir unlike you, other people who work for a pound note also need a chance to lvl in good areas without it costing them
A arm and a leg?

Ofc if ur zade then you jus play 24/7 and have no job then yea go for it ........

I don’t actually use it as find other areas more fun, and Zade does have a job. Nibble nibble

Can accessing the AH not be disabled in GP caves, the trouble with reducing drop rates is lower levels will use the flowers for stat boosts which could make the difference between being able to hunt in them or not. Being able to access the AH from a GP cave only serves one purpose which is to add an extra revenue stream to us payers, in reality we would still go to them if we couldn’t access the AH for the exp.

Am I right in thinking that the significant majority of these items are coming from Super / Champion mobs?
The real root of the issue may be that these monsters pretty much drop their whole Alchemy table

maybe make it so ppl pay a commision as soon as they add an item to AH... will teach those using it as a storage when they price something at 10k gg.. if they dont have the gg or gold to put it in ah first place.. then they can stall it

Adding npc in various maps to sell ingredients is also a good idea

Last edited:
maybe make it so ppl pay a commision as soon as they add an item to AH... will teach those using it as a storage when they price something at 10k gg.. if they dont have the gg or gold to put it in ah first place.. then they can stall it

Adding npc in various maps to sell ingredients is also a good idea

Trouble then is when an item is discounted if not sold or if it doesn’t sell at all you are paying for a service you are not recieving. Some items that don’t drop frequently and aren’t in AH already prices are a quests as to whether they will sell at that, you are also potentially restricting AH use as newer players or lower lvls may not have the spare funds to sell items when they are the ones that really need the cash.

On the topic of the Auction house , Would it be possible to add a Mythic tab so we can just search for Mythic items?

just make is so you can not put alchemy items on AH for sale. Potions is fine. Or the NPC in the gp caves

Unfortunately the damage is done and to change anything else would just be punishing the players who do the rite thing.

Don't really see an issue, me.

I have hunted almost exclusively in here for approx. 1 month. I have done approx. 6 lvls (yay!)

I would estimate I now have 100m more gold than had I not gone hunting in here, selling flowers as I go.

100m is what? 5 sockets on one item? 300gg at the mo?

Big fat hairy deal!

Higher level players know that there are plenty of ways of generating gold, either just from hunting itself or going to the 'right' places and having a band of willing mules follow along to pickup, town tele, sell and be recalled back at will.

I know, in total, I have made MORE gold than this. But, plenty of gems drop that need changing to orbs and the odd red item that needs a scroll (and cos I felt 'flush' I used the 1m scrolls...)

I go to Desert primarily for the stress free levelling. For this it is absolutely, stonkingly beautiful. The gold is a bonus, one that I am admittedly happy to have, but not one that I feel is 'server breaking'.

p.s. I will soon out level Desert :( it is a temporary thing, as was Jungle before it (also a nice gold generating area, particularly with a Midas and gold pot). Don't sweat the small stuff!

- - - Updated - - -

Hah! Nerf already incoming...

Last edited:
Am I right in thinking that the significant majority of these items are coming from Super / Champion mobs?
The real root of the issue may be that these monsters pretty much drop their whole Alchemy table

How about u sell a portable peddler in the game shop. A item that sits in ur bag and when u click it, it opens up the peddler window to allow u to sell stuff whilst still hunting. Only accessible whilst in sz. Ben had a portable storage on one of he’s servers. That worked nicely
Or put grinding oils in shops.
I can’t find flowers in shops anymore. I used to be able to make lots of pita buying materials from shops. There’s hardly any for sale anymore. Cinderbloom etc

Back