Are the classes balanced? | The Legend of Mir

Are the classes balanced?

I think this is a topic best taken from the opposite direction.

Are the classes unbalanced? If you think they are, please state your reasoning and allow people to discuss those points.

I think this is a topic best taken from the opposite direction.

Are the classes unbalanced? If you think they are, please state your reasoning and allow people to discuss those points.

You have clearly had 3 less ciders than me and make a good point

3 more ciders later....

Over,all balance isn’t as bad as some servers but taos do seem way too OP for pvp and solo play.
Warr could be improved with large ac upgrade so they can solo the same bosses the other classes can. If anyone mentions group hunting then this is not 2001 andthere are not 500+ players logging on every day. Currently only 2 out of the 3 classes can solo top end bosses

Guess I’ll just make a Tao then

3 more ciders later....

Over,all balance isn’t as bad as some servers but taos do seem way too OP for pvp and solo play.
Warr could be improved with large ac upgrade so they can solo the same bosses the other classes can. If anyone mentions group hunting then this is not 2001 andthere are not 500+ players logging on every day. Currently only 2 out of the 3 classes can solo top end bosses

Guess I’ll just make a Tao then

I just looked on the "boss achievements" third page and see a list of 23 bosses

4 of them are massively more difficult for a wiz than they are for a warrior (Loki, Tremor, Everele, TheMountain)
4 of them are massively more difficult for a warrior than they are for a wiz (RedDragon, SavageTerrorLord, NagaLord, Raezohr)

Simple answer as a wiz I avoid the first 4, and as a warrior you avoid the second 4

Taoists can do all of these, yes, but with great difficulty and time. A top level taoist is slightly more powerful than a top level wizard or warrior, yes I will agree with that, but the difference is not massive. They have the ability to kill a couple more bosses and are a bit more powerful in PVP, but those advantages are not automatic and rely on the skill of the player. This is a suitable reward for someone who is willing to put the extra time and effort into levelling a taoist as they are the hardest class to solo level and the most mentally consuming to play, which is where the balance lies.

Make a taoist, you will be more powerful, eventually. But be prepared for an enormous amount of work and expense to achieve that reward.

Last edited:
True balance would only be achieved with each of the classes being identical. What we aim for is a balance of strengths and weaknesses, as Zad says.

We try to juggle opinion and fact so it is always good to have open discussions.

I can offer some facts however:
There are 43 Warriors over level 150
but only 21 Wizards over level 150
followed closely by the 16 Taoists over level 150

I would say that corresponds quite well with how difficult each class is to play.

Taoists have made great progress here in the last few months. Possibly due to enlightenment? I'm not sure. Any opinion?

I just looked on the "boss achievements" third page and see a list of 23 bosses

4 of them are massively more difficult for a wiz than they are for a warrior (Loki, Tremor, Everele, TheMountain)
4 of them are massively more difficult for a warrior than they are for a wiz (RedDragon, SavageTerrorLord, NagaLord, Raezohr)

Simple answer as a wiz I avoid the first 4, and as a warrior you avoid the second 4

Taoists can do all of these, yes, but with great difficulty and time. A top level taoist is slightly more powerful than a top level wizard or warrior, yes I will agree with that, but the difference is not massive. They have the ability to kill a couple more bosses and are a bit more powerful in PVP, but those advantages are not automatic and rely on the skill of the player. This is a suitable reward for someone who is willing to put the extra time and effort into levelling a taoist as they are the hardest class to solo level and the most mentally consuming to play, which is where the balance lies.

Make a taoist, you will be more powerful, eventually. But be prepared for an enormous amount of work and expense to achieve that reward.

Your bosses is the best dropping Ones:)

No its not balanced..
taoists are way too strong..
warriors are weak. example they useless in Desert city, you need loads of acc to stand a chance. needs more passive spells to make room for other spells.. maybe make protection field passive..
wizards i dunno i stopped playing cause they were useless... couldnt even handle a lvl 130 warrior when im lvl 147 with a decent kit.

Last edited:
No its not balanced..
warriors are weak. example they useless in Desert city, you need loads of acc to stand a chance. needs more passive spells to make room for other spells.. maybe make protection field passive..
wizards i dunno i stopped playing cause they were useless... couldnt even handle a lvl 130 warrior when im lvl 147 with a decent kit.

I challenge any 130 warrior to a 1v1 and see if your statement holds true lol

No its not balanced..

if u cant handle a 130 warrior with a 147 wizz then ur doing it all wrong, taoist are strong but have u got the commitment of realistically over a year of work to make it that strong ? and yeh i maybe able to shit all over some ppl in pvp, but if i make 1 mistake and a warrior gets on me then its GG. Its not about how powerful the classes are; its about the skill and knowledge that player has of that class. Put me on a warrior and a chicken could probs KO me

Last edited:
I can get 1200mc and over 100% Ice and fire combined and my blaze still does the tiniest amount of damage to a Tao of similar levels.
Warr vs Tao is fun as is Warr vs Wizz, but Wiz vs Tao might aswell just tt on site

Think how well u know how to push/play ur char regardless of class have something to do whit it all aswell and a huge scoop of balls too, i know a wizz who when hes on his A game and have a bee in his bonnet i can just kiss my gear goodfcking bai as hes savage. U cant purely base it on numbers n figures as personally i feel the human element weighs in heavy too ^^

surely 3 classes are worked out to hunt together, so any slight imbalance is to allow for pve, rather than pvp.

if u cant handle a 130 warrior with a 147 wizz then ur doing it all wrong, taoist are strong but have u got the commitment of realistically over a year of work to make it that strong ? and yeh i maybe able to shit all over some ppl in pvp, but if i make 1 mistake and a warrior gets on me then its GG. Its not about how powerful the classes are; its about the skill and knowledge that player has of that class. Put me on a warrior and a chicken could probs KO me

I WIN YOU ALL LOOSE!! :biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

It are very mutch about just pure skill of player behind the desk.

Back