Arcadia PVP | The Legend of Mir

Arcadia PVP

2dark_2teh1

Just some thoughts here,

Arcadia's PVP is not as fun as P69's was, times change and a lot of things have been added over the years.

The slow effect didn't come into P69 until its later years, I believe the slow effect ruins PVP because of its randomness.

Its random when it will proc and its random how long it will last, even if it says it will last 8 seconds it can proc again during those 8 seconds meaning you can be slowed from full health to death very easily.

It is hard to get good at something that has this kind of randomness to it. It is not fun or interesting, I believe the game can benefit from a slow timer cap say 3 seconds and an immunity from being slowed again for x seconds.

Yes there is pots that remove slow but its a one time use and again not fun game play. Ice resist and PR make little to no difference.

P69 also had refinery were players would literally spend entire days pvping in, Arcadia would benefit from it in my opinion, @pvp areas just don't have the same charm that refinery had.

I also think Revival rings are an unfortunate part of Arcadia but we're too far gone for that now.

Have to agree with you here, p69 was amazing.. even fighting outside mudwall safezone was sick, this new mw safezone which is slightly positioned more to the left of the old one sucks and ruins the nostalgia for us who have stuck around for a long time.

The slow has been argued about before, years ago when all ForbiddenCity did was create a noob wiz with artic blast and just spam it in fights same with a noob Tao with boreal tiger. The spell has a % to slow so it doesnt matter about any other stats, just a shop kit and either of those spells will help win a fight. Unfortunately we was just told to build ice resistance rather than go all out damage, which I dont really see how this helps because the spells work on a % to slow I.e boreal tiger 50% chance with a fast cast speed so even with ice resist you will hit a slow or freeze within 4 shots.

I'd love a refinery back for that reason, plus to be able to refine weapons again.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add about revival rings I think they are very much needed to give people a life line to tt since gamegold and kit is not cheap here, I dont think even half the amount of day to day revenue has ever been spent on p69 than what it is here.

Could “slow / purple” be made a type of poison if it’s not already? Would bring use to emeralds tbh if you had mega fast poi recover

If your going to put a cap on slow it needs to be across the board for all types of poison

Green
Red
Paralysed (yes this is classed as poison)
Stunned (yes this is classed as poison)

Is bullshit idea to think you can put a cap on one type of poison and stop it been repeated again and again if your not going to apply it needs to be everything else

So yeah change it then change all the others inline as well :)

Example are's

Red poison cant be recast to extend
Green posion cant be recast to extend
Cant get paralysed again by para ring to extend
Cant get stunned again by tdb to extend

Bet not everyone agrees on this now lol :)

Last edited:
Nothing will happen anyway whether everybody agrees or not, as I said the issue has been raised in the past and gm has left it, and most people have adapted.

what we need is a NPC in 2 towns that can teleport you to a pvp map.. Towns like arcadia and bichon.. typing @pvp is no fun and not alot of new players knows about it. we should atleast have a trail of this i think it would work.

While I don't disagree you found it much more fun I think it would be futile trying to recreate it.

For a start, skills were much more simple and less AOE. Screen range was lower. You had instant potions and if I remember correctly people were complaining that warrior pvp was hold-shift-and-pot without any attempt to move around. He who had the most pots wins.

Were revival rings not in P69 back then? What's changed to make them so much more useful here? I suspect the potion rate?

You might have to describe more why you think it was more fun so I can try to understand.

Personally I just don't think you can recreate that atmosphere or style (Pvp in Tavern etc) even if we cloned P69 identically. But I am willing to try, I will look for a nice indoor area to put as one of the buildings in Arcadia sz.

Last edited:
Anyone got any screenshots from this Tavern? I wasn't around in those days, curious to see what I missed out on

While I don't disagree you found it much more fun I think it would be futile trying to recreate it.

For a start, skills were much more simple and less AOE. Screen range was lower. You had instant potions and if I remember correctly people were complaining that warrior pvp was hold-shift-and-pot without any attempt to move around. He who had the most pots wins . PVP now is who ever slows or paras first wins thats even less interesting. I don't remember shift holding on P69 making warriors run? It was walk only i think?

Were revival rings not in P69 back then? What's changed to make them so much more useful here? I suspect the potion rate?
Revival rings came into it later on when damage became insane to the point you got 2 hit yeah early doors they wasn't.

You might have to describe more why you think it was more fun so I can try to understand.
For me pvp felt like something you could practice and get good at, learn something that someone else didn't know or understand yet. On here it feels like you get slowed and now your going to get banged nothing you can do just accept it. Maybe i'm the only one who thinks this, i play on a very old pc that barely gets any fps so that doesn't help.

Personally I just don't think you can recreate that atmosphere or style (Pvp in Tavern etc) even if we cloned P69 identically. But I am willing to try, I will look for a nice indoor area to put as one of the buildings in Arcadia sz.
Your probably right about this, its a different time and different players now adays, refinery on p69 was the sole reason some people loged on and thats obviously not the case here. It feels like outside of wars and the odd boss pk theres not much pvp action which is a shame imo.

I agree with the above poster about all poison having a 'recast' timer could be something worth trying?

I think if pr was fixed to actually do something it would help a lot. Also shoulder dash, cool down is so low by the time it's stopped dashing you can basically dash again. Should be taken in line with battle charge cool down. If translocation had a 4 second cool down I could only imagine the threads.

PR works.

When slow was incorporated more into the game, paralysis was prevented from stacking. Surely paralysis was worse than slow.

I don't think the slow resistance granted from Ice Defence is that unreasonable and if you are going into a pvp setting where it is causing you difficulties then you should wear a frostguard too.

It is a real difficult game of tug-of-war when we get one thread asking for more variation and then another basically asking for features to be removed because you don't want to use xyz feature

I think if anything the game is too complicated and has too many variations to get back to the simplicity of before

PR works.

When slow was incorporated more into the game, paralysis was prevented from stacking. Surely paralysis was worse than slow.

I don't think the slow resistance granted from Ice Defence is that unreasonable and if you are going into a pvp setting where it is causing you difficulties then you should wear a frostguard too.

It is a real difficult game of tug-of-war when we get one thread asking for more variation and then another basically asking for features to be removed because you don't want to use xyz feature

I think if anything the game is too complicated and has too many variations to get back to the simplicity of before

Do you have any frost guards for sale?

Your always going to get these kinds of debates though arent you. The one thing with slow what is balanced it any class can inflict it easily with a spell, frostfrenzy/chilling sword, articblast/frozenground and boreal/elemental pet.
Playing the tao more regular now it feels like an anything is possible class, so it's unfair for me to attempt to judge from another perspective, but I know wizards can beat me, bloodstorm on my pets just gives them infinite hp anyway. An warriors are difficult when running at me, and when they get their hands on me it's not too much time before I'm near rev or dead. So I do think the game is okay from a Tao perspective at the moment pvp wise.
However the pvp element was more fun back on p69, maybe because it was 1.4 and things were slightly different.. though rev rings were around then they weren't like the ones of today which are heavily implemented as part of a kit due to having loads of good stats and it was more like pro/para ring and taos would usually use 2 sc rings to go for all out damage.

PR works.

Ah was just recently, I remembered you saying pr is broken and half the time does nothing because the coding was a mess. Hence the lack of it on my kit. I'll rectify this.

Thanks

Ah was just recently, I remembered you saying pr is broken and half the time does nothing because the coding was a mess. Hence the lack of it on my kit. I'll rectify this.

Thanks

Great! Now ur even more of an OP tank ��

Introduce MDR buffs for warriors and make it equal, 2x COP can rev me plus its only 4 seconds cooldown (1 COP below half HP @ 172 warrior, 2nd COP 100% rev'd), PDR 90% achievable in-game now (may go higher), do a test andy and see how super tanky it is

BC still kicks u off 2-3 steps away after casting and not successful in landing a hit, not all times but it is effecting PVP

Ethereal blades suppose to have ice elements but does not freeze/slow

And so on..

MDR buff for warrior is a good shout, ethereal blades you're absolutely right too I never even considered that it was ice element but doesnt slow at all.

Introduce MDR buffs for warriors and make it equal, 2x COP can rev me plus its only 4 seconds cooldown (1 COP below half HP @ 172 warrior, 2nd COP 100% rev'd), PDR 90% achievable in-game now (may go higher), do a test andy and see how super tanky it is

BC still kicks u off 2-3 steps away after casting and not successful in landing a hit, not all times but it is effecting PVP

Ethereal blades suppose to have ice elements but does not freeze/slow

And so on..

Wizards are not suppose to be tank class in any game

Agree. Wizards are supposed to be glass cannons, not titanium ones. But what do we do about it now we're here an they are accurately teleporting across maps every 20 seconds and mass vamp hp from players pets which are advertised and sold as something to aid you, except they hinder you when you come across a wiz, in fairness mass vamp should be a longer cooldown and so should translocation. 1minute minimum they are such op spells no other class has had such a game changing spell since bc and that well now it laughable I mostly walk away from a bc from a warrior +9 or even +13 levels away from me since he changed that spell, yet wizards are just making a mock of things! Throw CoP in the mix, you've got carnage on your hands. Don't even need good kit for this either, just get some extra PDR and you are set.

Why isnt mdr in game btw? The thing to make the orbs still on Kevin but no gems drop. Guessing it was taken out at some point?

Back