Feature Request - API read access to Auction House | The Legend of Mir

Feature Request API read access to Auction House

Prime

Newby
Would you be able to expose the auction house data via API access please?

Then we can build an improved application for finding the items we need.

Would you be able to expose the auction house data via API access please?

Then we can build an improved application for finding the items we need.

Only issue I can see is that with a free API and a bit of knowhow it would be rather easy to setup a program to trigger an alert when something of interest, accidentally posted to cheap etc hits the ah that would give the program author a massive unfair advantage.

Only issue I can see is that with a free API and a bit of knowhow it would be rather easy to setup a program to trigger an alert when something of interest, accidentally posted to cheap etc hits the ah that would give the program author a massive unfair advantage.

I don't think so, let me explain.
The market will become more efficiently priced.
Yes you may have an individual you sets up an alerts, buys then puts back into the market. However this just helps set the price benchmark. Alot of people look for benchmarks before putting items in the market.

API access will increase market transaction throughput massively because the current ingame interface is very lacking.

Also, eventually someone will create a sophisticated app and make it web based, its inevitable.

I don't think so, let me explain.
The market will become more efficiently priced.
Yes you may have an individual you sets up an alerts, buys then puts back into the market. However this just helps set the price benchmark. Alot of people look for benchmarks before putting items in the market.

API access will increase market transaction throughput massively because the current ingame interface is very lacking.

Also, eventually someone will create a sophisticated app and make it web based, its inevitable.
Doubt it would ever happen as it would mean access to the MySQL dbase as data must be shown live to be of any worth to a 3rd party app , this would leave server open to spam attacks hacking etc,
best way forward for those who want to speculate on the AH is a better search string interface allowing you to search on item verus a set price greater or less than etc , also you need to define the input string to look at variables that include search words which contain "x " price or seller how ever this may have a degredation on server response as a whole , dont for get MIR is 20 years old and thus polling database may have adverse side effects.
Be a very nice feature but time comsuming for development, personally rather they work on fixing ingame issues like pet tracking in caves , ranged mobs attacking around corners or ranged mobs killing from 3 screens away .......

Doubt it would ever happen as it would mean access to the MySQL dbase as data must be shown live to be of any worth to a 3rd party app , this would leave server open to spam attacks hacking etc,
best way forward for those who want to speculate on the AH is a better search string interface allowing you to search on item verus a set price greater or less than etc , also you need to define the input string to look at variables that include search words which contain "x " price or seller how ever this may have a degredation on server response as a whole , dont for get MIR is 20 years old and thus polling database may have adverse side effects.
Be a very nice feature but time comsuming for development, personally rather they work on fixing ingame issues like pet tracking in caves , ranged mobs attacking around corners or ranged mobs killing from 3 screens away .......

My day to day work involves designing and building systems exactly like that, and I promise it's really not that hard to make it secure and prevent spam/attacks/hacking etc. Direct access to the database is not required if a suitable API is built around it.

My day to day work involves designing and building systems exactly like that, and I promise it's really not that hard to make it secure and prevent spam/attacks/hacking etc. Direct access to the database is not required if a suitable API is built around it.

Not saying it cant be done , but personally I dont like 3rd part api sets or wrapped apps in games it leads to cheat hax, speed hax account trolling etc etc creeping no matter how careful you are - League of legends WOW thotbot etc spring to mind they were supoosed to 100% endorsed clean apps webs interfaces , took less than a month for people to abuse the or cause unwanted server crashes, Unfortunately not say our comunity would but some people do these things just for fun and for the fact they can ......
Lol can remember WeMade saying there was no such hax for MIR , they were 100% sure ........;P we all know what happened ..... In the real world there is never 100% safe database everything from Jo,s Home Accounts to Nasa has been hacked or leaked etc were there is a will there is a way just dont open the door then your are always a little bit safer ......

Not saying it cant be done , but personally I dont like 3rd part api sets or wrapped apps in games it leads to cheat hax, speed hax account trolling etc etc creeping no matter how careful you are - League of legends WOW thotbot etc spring to mind they were supoosed to 100% endorsed clean apps webs interfaces , took less than a month for people to abuse the or cause unwanted server crashes, Unfortunately not say our comunity would but some people do these things just for fun and for the fact they can ......
Lol can remember WeMade saying there was no such hax for MIR , they were 100% sure ........;P we all know what happened ..... In the real world there is never 100% safe database everything from Jo,s Home Accounts to Nasa has been hacked or leaked etc were there is a will there is a way just dont open the door then your are always a little bit safer ......

It's my belief from personal experience that it absolutely is possible to make it secure, it would bore everyone to death if we continue to fill the forum with this stuff but I'm more than happy to discuss in excruciating technical detail via pm if you wish, just let me know

Nice idea and honestly would love to, however, as with most things here archaic architecture is the main hurdle. Most the databases are built with custom binary files and have custom applications to manage them.

Back