Runes | The Legend of Mir

Runes

brandon77

The change made to these a while back adding in the xs runes was made so that runes are apparently easier to farm, aside from making them soooo much longer to combine for an XL the drop rates of these xs are abit of a joke, bosses barely seem to drop them and even big bosses like em or bdp dragon only drops xs, or maybe a s if you lucky, gone through 2 events and barely even been able to make 1 XL stone and thsts with swapping the runes I find which I don't need with people for the ones I do.

Arena which use to be pretty good got runes now only drops useless Tanzanite or some other worthless rune, if your lucky you'll get a single xs rune, this is all with soft cap drop perks and drop pots btw.

Overall the drops on useful runes is really shocking atm and unless your sinking thousands off gg into the market to buy them it will literally take months n months to even be able to make a single xl.... really needs to be looked into

It's not even a matter of sinking gg into it, gg is irrelevant if there's none to buy :p

Yeah I appreciate GMs position that they were changed to make it feel like more were dropping, so that you could have a regular stream of small drops to combine rather than 100 bosses with absolutely nothing in the hope of having that one good drop. But the reality is that they just don't seem to be dropping as much at all.

Tbh this. Farming them has been a nightmare, and buying them for GG is a joke. You can buy kit already runed out far cheaper than one single rune. The rune goblins helped but then they were shut down immediately. So its back to not having them.

Tbh getting passed 160 is chore enough, doing it in none-optimal gear is making it drag even more.

-edit-

and its not just the runes, crystals also. Finding crystals is a pain in the butt.

To add to this. The only boss I’ve had an HP or MP rune off of is iku, the most farmed boss in the game, and it’s been 1 of each XS.

I had found more in the trader during the christmas event than 2 months prior farming iku and all bosses between 94 and 126. Hundreds of boss kills. 2 xs runes.

Killed 4t got me self a Medium HP stone
Kiled Sky got me self FuryRune
Kiled iku and got me self xs HP stone.

This was all in space of 3h hunt. Maybe it’s about being at right place right time.

If anything GM needs make new runes for high lvl and have it dropped at high end caves.

Killed 4t got me self a Medium HP stone
Kiled Sky got me self FuryRune
Kiled iku and got me self xs HP stone.

This was all in space of 3h hunt. Maybe it’s about being at right place right time.

If anything GM needs make new runes for high lvl and have it dropped at high end caves.

I have put in literally 100's of hours in planes during different moon phases, during different server buffs. I always kill cap, eye and the big ugly thing whose name I can't spell. I have never seen a HP, MP, DC, SC or MC rune drop, of any size. God knows how many more hours I put in places like BC, totd etc. I once got a fury rune from a tree (yes, such a rare occurrence that I remember it!)

I spent 2k+ gg this event and 2k+ gg last event. Barely got enough rune drops to make one solitary rune (loads of items tho).

I must have brought 50 large presents this event, not a sniff of an azure (again) :mad:

My point is, sure, luck plays its part, but this server has always been on the tight side.

At first this is challenging. It then becomes tedious.

I really used to look forward to events as they (for a price) 'made up' for the tedium. An event every 4 months? Sure I can wait for that, but what we have just had was not worth waiting for.

Rune wise, Scorp got it wrong this year. He got it wrong for Halloween too.

I have put in literally 100's of hours in planes during different moon phases, during different server buffs. I always kill cap, eye and the big ugly thing whose name I can't spell. I have never seen a HP, MP, DC, SC or MC rune drop, of any size. God knows how many more hours I put in places like BC, totd etc. I once got a fury rune from a tree (yes, such a rare occurrence that I remember it!)

I spent 2k+ gg this event and 2k+ gg last event. Barely got enough rune drops to make one solitary rune (loads of items tho).

I must have brought 50 large presents this event, not a sniff of an azure (again) :mad:

My point is, sure, luck plays its part, but this server has always been on the tight side.

At first this is challenging. It then becomes tedious.

I really used to look forward to events as they (for a price) 'made up' for the tedium. An event every 4 months? Sure I can wait for that, but what we have just had was not worth waiting for.

Rune wise, Scorp got it wrong this year. He got it wrong for Halloween too.
I feel your frustration but bare in mind if GM makes everything easy gained then the server will die. The server still going today and this is due to balance of drop ingame. Few months ago I had maxed out my wiz with everything and days later I stoped playing as there was nothing more for me to gain. Came out Elysian and I got back into game as I had reason to continue playing. Anyways leave your ingame name and if you happen to be a friendly person I’ll show you secret place where all sorts of rune drops :)

People that need those runes the most, can't kill sky, or fourtails, and again, iku is the most camped boss in the game for a reason, mostly by players well over 118. So it leaves those that need to get upgrades SOL.

Also health runes/manarunes/sc,dc,mc crystals? All cost two to three times as much as the armor people are trying to put them on, and by the time they collect enough of them, they are well beyond the armor they were trying to upgrade in the first place.

So the only hope is people in the AH selling fully upgraded kit already for less than the 2,000GG it costs to buy 5 health rune xl's.

-edit-

I'll put this in perspective the best way I can.

I've leveled a wiz to 159, a tao to 142, and a warrior to 143. Killing iku hundreds of times, and countless other bosses between 96-136 on and off the noob island event.

I have so far managed 1 xl mc crystal from scrounging xs's from rune goblins until they were removed, and 3 xl mana runes.

That's it.

If I landed on a Fury Rune, HP Rune, or DC/MC/SC at level 140 - 170, I'm selling that on the auction house an using the gg raised to buy already upgraded gear my level, or training exlirs.

I get that you want to upgrade your kit but at your level it is a waste of even gold just opening sockets, let alone putting the rune in.

Upgrading gear, in all aspects, is highly expensive and its how it should be, so unless you are willing to donate huge amounts then I would suggest saving or selling runes/ess/des and leaving it to the guys at 180+.

Iku is camped because it can drop small runes, I've had a few myself, plus it's a short journey and an easy boss to kill. It would be crazy to expect that boss to drop runes everyday because of how accessible it is to almost everyone ingame.

I think GM has focused more on catch-up and encouraging new players to come join, Skull Island tells you that. This isn't a bad thing in my opinion and focus on that is required from time to time.

The problem is, there isn't any wizard gear in my range that's already upgraded.

I lucked into my hc armour and one wisdom brace. Every other piece of my gear I rolled or made. Can't upgrade any of it because I can't afford runes/crystals.

-edit-

That also brings me to the point of asking, why is upgrading gear only for high levels? Why can't mid level players upgrade their stuff? Why are upgrades so expensive?

Gear should be expensive, upgrades not so much, and the fact that you can buy upgraded gear for cheaper than the upgrades themselves should point to something being wrong lol.

Just making it cheap and easy to do would completely derail the whole market for upgrading gear. Everyone will have insane stats because they'll just keep re rolling it.

With runes being rare then people have to make more careful decisions where and what items they add them to as well.

It's a trickle down market effect, the level cap players will upgrade their gear and eventually get new stuff to upgrade and their old stuff gets added to the market, it's how it has always been and although I do understand the point you're putting across, I can't see it being better to flood the game with runes and cheap upgrades.

I’m not saying flood the market with em, but its kinda obvious that they aren’t dropping enough. That or me with a drop pot and sub is just the most unlucky player in the game lol.

You're primarily hunting Iku for them and other bosses between 96 - 136 so maybe that's why you're not getting much atm. I usually hunt those bosses just for the trash gear to sell for trader and anything else would be a bonus.

Drops have always been low I agree, but maybe its like Vexus said and it is the secret to longevity of a server.

So it took me roughly 4 months to make 2 medium hp runes. I should get the 5 xl ones I need by 2025….Roughly..

You're primarily hunting Iku for them and other bosses between 96 - 136 so maybe that's why you're not getting much atm. I usually hunt those bosses just for the trash gear to sell for trader and anything else would be a bonus.

Drops have always been low I agree, but maybe its like Vexus said and it is the secret to longevity of a server.

Personally, I think it utter madness that it takes so long to gather the items you need to fully design, upgrade or rune an item that you will have out levelled that item long before you are finished. I don't think this adds to the longevity of the server, if anything it has the opposite effect.

The reason I say this is this is a game where levelling is one of the primary goals, with many server mechanics to enable this. The items need to keep up with this.

In my opinion, the only set (at this time) that should be a complete and utter nightmare to fully upgrade is Elysian. The cost of sockets and the rarity of ore was one way of controlling this but Scorp added an event that made ore easier to get. I am not sure I appreciate the logic for doing this now, what with Elysian still being top tier. (I do understand that just because I can't see it, it does not mean it was not necessary).

I don't understand why we still don't have set bonuses, if there is one thing that drives to collect a full set it is the need to have all the items together to give a nice buff. However, this argument is for another thread.

I have a feeling that this game is so old that small changes have big results, i.e. scorp lacks fine control. A tweak here and too many runes drop (and destroys the market), a tweak there and too few. Feast and famine you could say.

Unfortunately, at this time the market is not healthy. You can't buy what you need, the server is not dropping what you need. Time for 'a tweak' please scorp...

So it took me roughly 4 months to make 2 medium hp runes. I should get the 5 xl ones I need by 2025….Roughly..
Your aim is to get lvln and along the way the runes will drop and use them on high end kit. You can’t be bossing at this lvl all day long.

Mid level players should chill and maybe don’t use full sized runes… use dc 8’s instead of 10’s…. You won’t notice the 6-10 dc difference….

having said that I do agree more runes should be available

given the current set up of server, the easiest way to fix the issue is to add larger sizes to event private caves on a regular basis, this will create a controlled influx required

Mid level players should chill and maybe don’t use full sized runes… use dc 8’s instead of 10’s…. You won’t notice the 6-10 dc difference….

having said that I do agree more runes should be available

given the current set up of server, the easiest way to fix the issue is to add larger sizes to event private caves on a regular basis, this will create a controlled influx required
Strongly agree. Too many people are focused on only having the very best top end kit. I'd have no issue putting L instead of XL on mid level kit, saves a huge amount of time. GM has clearly realised that literally everything was fully runed. Look back to 4-5 years ago, only the very best items would be worth putting max sockets on then sockets started becoming too common and we just got used to it. Maybe this is his way of redressing the balance and it'll take time to acclimatise to

Back