Feature Request - War changes - urgently need revamp…. | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Feature Request War changes - urgently need revamp….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...Gritt, I don't really know you in game (I have seen you around) so I don't know how you play the game, but (if your comment was directed at me) I think that it is somewhat disingenuous to ask for reasonableness when you advocate on behalf of those who hold such extreme, myopic views. And by advocate I mean that you request feature changes that others state they want in order to facilitate their domination of the server.

I accept that this may not be your own personal view or aim (server domination) but it is very much that of certain others (one of whom has given a 'thumbs up' to your post).

I would like to add a third category to why you state people chose the guilds they do, playstyles.

On one end of a play spectrum we have players such as myself who just like to play against the server, try to forget life and chill. I don't go out of my way to upset, demoralise or otherwise 'piss off' other players and if they beat me to a boss I simply say 'good luck' and go. It will be there for me another day. I do not PK, if someone were to attack me I would like to fight back - however the game doesn't really afford the time to do so. It really is all over in the blink of an eye (if you get caught out). Also, I think there is something repugnant in causing another human being to drop an item that may have cost them many 100's of £'s or hours and hours of repetitive grinding, but that is just me.

At the other end we have those who want to dominate the game, dominate other players, dominate its resources and areas and have no time for 'care bear' sensibilities such as fair play. They will RT around caves looking for players and even if that player goes somewhere else they will continue to RT around to again find them, either to try to make them drop or bully them out of an area.

The two views are diametrically opposed, the latter being the antithesis of how I play a game and would have overwhelming bearing on the type of guild I would chose. I accept that I probably sit in a guild that is somewhat towards the middle, I would argue that most of Doom are very firmly to one side.

You may hint (and please correct me if I am wrong) that those who fall into the latter category of playstyle have quit and will quit if they are prevented from achieving their aims.

I would state that if certain players (who are barely reined in as it is) are given carte blanche to do whatever they like then this will not be a server I would like to play any more. Also, I would suggest we have lost players due to their type of play style; I came very close myself when a certain player caused me lose an item I had put gg into. The thought does go through ones mind 'how is this fair' and 'what is the point?'

Wars are merely a way of condensing play into a smaller area, with a defined aim and timescale. The above 'playing styles' have to fit within these confines.

GM did try to address some of the issues by introducing more bound kit but this doesn't seem popular with people (I personally have no problem with it other than with those who moan about bound kit then wear bound kit!)

Maybe the solution is for the guild that feels disadvantaged to ally? Also, Doom show a full roster of 40 players. If they are all alts or not playing, then time for some recruitment? I shudder when I type this but if Doom consisted of 40 active players of a type like 'Vic' or 'North' there would be no need to change anything. I feel that guild would do very well indeed in wars. Even with allying.

In short, I don't think GM will (or should) prevent guilds allying, it is not an 'unnatural thing' there are many precedents in games and real life where people will temporarily combine to achieve a common aim.

Dote , not a personal dig in anyway .
Regardless of what guild I am in the War system was designed for a lot more players and allies etc having played various flavours of Mir over the years this is a very stabilised server , Those who quit or just lost interest did so for many reasons and that’s up to them ,
Unfortunately and I hear your recruiting idea there is the lack of new blood to the game .
Allies always been a part of Mir
Just for now unless we get mass influx of players. And get them to lvl 160 ish there is no point in wars unless 1v1 . What will happen is no 1 will submit and just focus on levelling and pk ……..

Hmmm...Gritt, I don't really know you in game (I have seen you around) so I don't know how you play the game, but (if your comment was directed at me) I think that it is somewhat disingenuous to ask for reasonableness when you advocate on behalf of those who hold such extreme, myopic views. And by advocate I mean that you request feature changes that others state they want in order to facilitate their domination of the server.

I accept that this may not be your own personal view or aim (server domination) but it is very much that of certain others (one of whom has given a 'thumbs up' to your post).

I would like to add a third category to why you state people chose the guilds they do, playstyles.

On one end of a play spectrum we have players such as myself who just like to play against the server, try to forget life and chill. I don't go out of my way to upset, demoralise or otherwise 'piss off' other players and if they beat me to a boss I simply say 'good luck' and go. It will be there for me another day. I do not PK, if someone were to attack me I would like to fight back - however the game doesn't really afford the time to do so. It really is all over in the blink of an eye (if you get caught out). Also, I think there is something repugnant in causing another human being to drop an item that may have cost them many 100's of £'s or hours and hours of repetitive grinding, but that is just me.

At the other end we have those who want to dominate the game, dominate other players, dominate its resources and areas and have no time for 'care bear' sensibilities such as fair play. They will RT around caves looking for players and even if that player goes somewhere else they will continue to RT around to again find them, either to try to make them drop or bully them out of an area.

The two views are diametrically opposed, the latter being the antithesis of how I play a game and would have overwhelming bearing on the type of guild I would chose. I accept that I probably sit in a guild that is somewhat towards the middle, I would argue that most of Doom are very firmly to one side.

You may hint (and please correct me if I am wrong) that those who fall into the latter category of playstyle have quit and will quit if they are prevented from achieving their aims.

I would state that if certain players (who are barely reined in as it is) are given carte blanche to do whatever they like then this will not be a server I would like to play any more. Also, I would suggest we have lost players due to their type of play style; I came very close myself when a certain player caused me lose an item I had put gg into. The thought does go through ones mind 'how is this fair' and 'what is the point?'

Wars are merely a way of condensing play into a smaller area, with a defined aim and timescale. The above 'playing styles' have to fit within these confines.

GM did try to address some of the issues by introducing more bound kit but this doesn't seem popular with people (I personally have no problem with it other than with those who moan about bound kit then wear bound kit!)

Maybe the solution is for the guild that feels disadvantaged to ally? Also, Doom show a full roster of 40 players. If they are all alts or not playing, then time for some recruitment? I shudder when I type this but if Doom consisted of 40 active players of a type like 'Vic' or 'North' there would be no need to change anything. I feel that guild would do very well indeed in wars. Even with allying.

In short, I don't think GM will (or should) prevent guilds allying, it is not an 'unnatural thing' there are many precedents in games and real life where people will temporarily combine to achieve a common aim.
Ur reply is showing more seroius that its infact . As its just game and its how it working u lvl gets kits to dominate later . About ur moaning about losing items ppl who pk u. Well did u managed to learn pk?? As its how mir works !! . U lvl. Bosses pking drops items if u cant handle it . So this game dont suits u . And ur the one needs to go with ur other little girls make new server. Ur post also shows u have lack of information and sense as binded kits Is game breaker. Its Game !! U cant log in competitve game to call for peace !! If u want peace just dont play any games and.hide under ur.bed close and shut all the doors ur DISGUSTING !!

Ur reply is showing more seroius that its infact . As its just game and its how it working u lvl gets kits to dominate later . About ur moaning about losing items ppl who pk u. Well did u managed to learn pk?? As its how mir works !! . U lvl. Bosses pking drops items if u cant handle it . So this game dont suits u . And ur the one needs to go with ur other little girls make new server. Ur post also shows u have lack of information and sense as binded kits Is game breaker. Its Game !! U cant log in competitve game to call for peace !! If u want peace just dont play any games and.hide under ur.bed close and shut all the doors ur DISGUSTING !!
I agree with 1 point of this. Delete all bound kit. It is a game breaker because the people who can afford to remake their full kit with bound items will continue to gain, while the rest suffer. Makes it very unbalanced

D

No idea who you are but thanks for saying all these good points. I've been saying these things for years but people ignore because they have personal issues with me. It's very nice and refreshing seeing someone else bring these thoughts to light

The bottom line is, people play for all sorts of different reasons. There are dozens of different aspects to this game which is what makes it good. People can pick and choose what aspects they want to participate in. Pvp is one of those aspects, but for most players it's not the main one or even near the top of the list.

Those who want to pvp are free to do so, but the active and relentless targeting on players who have no ability to even fight back is the main cause of people leaving. I've seen it countless times and it's really bad to see

The very same people who complain the server has not enough 'new blood' are the same people who try their best to get others to quit. It's massively hypocritical

Dote , not a personal dig in anyway .
Regardless of what guild I am in the War system was designed for a lot more players and allies etc having played various flavours of Mir over the years this is a very stabilised server , Those who quit or just lost interest did so for many reasons and that’s up to them ,
Unfortunately and I hear your recruiting idea there is the lack of new blood to the game .
Allies always been a part of Mir
Just for now unless we get mass influx of players. And get them to lvl 160 ish there is no point in wars unless 1v1 . What will happen is no 1 will submit and just focus on levelling and pk ……..

Thank you for a reasoned reply, I appreciate it.

Being able to have (or have not) castles will not change the focus regarding PK for quite a few members of Doom. They PK because they can, they PK to get others to drop, they PK to disrupt, they PK because they like it and they PK because certain areas of the game allow it. Doom could hold all the castles. They would still PK. It is their nature.

Joey, Joey, Joey. When will you learn? (And this is the man who would be King...)

It is not about what I want. It is not about what you want. This server is in the hands of one person. One person who, I think, does a thankless task...

Can you not see that when you resort to childish name calling you harm your own argument with the server owner? Can you not understand that when fiat came into the game it ceased to be just a game? My suggestion to you regarding your own server reflected what you state you want - to own the server top to bottom, for it to be totally by your rules. Having your own server would allow you to achieve this, if this were your true aim.

Nowhere have I stated that this is what I want? I want to play with others, to be sociable. To enjoy the server.

Honestly mate, I have nothing against pvp. I don't like it, but I accept it. It is what it is. However, pvp has been broken for a long, long time. It is not a fair, fluid or advanced element of the gameplay. It is awkward. (Unusual for a game that has a pvp element but it betrays its age). Pvp also favours the hawks and not the doves, but I would suspect GM is already aware of this, hence pve zones.

This games suits me very well Sir, I have played it (and other servers) for quite some time. There is a draw to MIR (and I would suspect pvp to be one element of this draw) that I find hard to put my finger on.

Lastly, you state you want competition. I respect that. You then moan how wars are too competitive and you cannot win. So, you want competition as long as it is the type of competition that favours you? I think I understand you, I hope the GM does too.

I agree with 1 point of this. Delete all bound kit. It is a game breaker because the people who can afford to remake their full kit with bound items will continue to gain, while the rest suffer. Makes it very unbalanced
Certain bound kit has been in game for a long, long time (game shop necklaces and rings). These don't upset players, I don't understand why the addition of other items does?

How about GM code game such that (excluding game shop items) if you wear one bound item you cannot PK?

I would put a nice long 5 - 10 minute cooldown on this to prevent those who would (again) try to circumvent the spirit of the measure...

Edit

Actually, thinking about it, if I were to go off hunting in my nice shiny bound kit, secure in the knowledge that I cannot drop and that someone attacking me has every chance of dropping I would be wide open for the old 'just nip into the other players attack area, make them go brown and then pk them, protected from murder' trick and I wouldn't be able to fight back. Yeah, sorry, idea is a total non-starter...

Last edited:
Certain bound kit has been in game for a long, long time (game shop necklaces and rings). These don't upset players, I don't understand why the addition of other items does?

How about GM code game such that (excluding game shop items) if you wear one bound item you cannot PK?

I would put a nice long 5 - 10 minute cooldown on this to prevent those who would (again) try to circumvent the spirit of the measure..
Pal I discoverd im wasting my time with u as u completly dont under stand anythe thing. And im not here to give mir lessons but will just answer this nooby question . Frist of all mir games not like u think . If u rly bit wise u will discover its mainly pvp. and when all ppl goes in binded kits they simply fked concept of pk which is mainly big part of game ppl will just wear full kits n troll every where care less to die as they will just keep revive back by scrolls. So there will be no reason for pk any more n will be no game play no tactics just wear full kit and go troll Nd many other reasons but u wont under stand rly .

Those who want to pvp are free to do so, but the active and relentless targeting on players who have no ability to even fight back is the main cause of people leaving. I've seen it countless times and it's really bad to see
I agree its not cricket .......... never been one to condone this, lost one of my best friends to this , Its a PVP game not a grief game , If rember right one server I played had a non death by player cool down on it to prevent just that it was ok but left open to abuse by making people red and had to sit in penal colonie for ages ....... Mainly abused during world events to stop people from getting greedy but was a measure that had some merit .
Me and Zade dont see eye to eye on many issues but ocassionaly discussions with him has given me food for thought .....

Pal I discoverd im wasting my time with u as u completly dont under stand anythe thing. And im not here to give mir lessons but will just answer this nooby question . Frist of all mir games not like u think . If u rly bit wise u will discover its mainly pvp. and when all ppl goes in binded kits they simply fked concept of pk which is mainly big part of game ppl will just wear full kits n troll every where care less to die as they will just keep revive back by scrolls. So there will be no reason for pk any more n will be no game play no tactics just wear full kit and go troll Nd many other reasons but u wont under stand rly .

Ok <deep breath> one more time.

Please stop with the insults. You may have a point to make but it is difficult to tell.

The game is whatever we, the players, make it.

Yes, pvp is part of the game. Mainly pvp tho? For YOU, maybe. For me, not even close.

You just cant grasp or get your head around that someone can play the game different from you. If I suggest that I would wish to play a different way I am a 'noob' a 'girl' I am 'disgusting' and that I should 'go hide under a bed'. Also, that I don't understand a game I have been playing for many years - however the game you present is far from the reality of the one I play. I will not understand or agree with you as you are simply wrong.

Here is one, simple question. Do YOU wear bound kit? If so, you are part of what you say is a problem. This would make you somewhat hypocritical, don't you agree?

Also, here is one more, simple MIR truth. You and your ilk go out of you way to ruin the game for me. Your lack of understanding of the concept of fair play is somewhat disturbing to me. That some players continually RT around caves to PK players verges on harassment (an unwanted course of conduct). This is not good. This puts players off. This causes people to leave. Grief play is as unnecessary as it is unwelcome.

As I say, I have played many, many servers. This is the first where I have met some players with such myopic views and such a lack of empathy for their fellow players. You want it all for you. I really don't understand your mindset, I suspect I never will.

Given the above, that you then try to present yourself as a 'victim', that you are being 'trolled' by people abusing bound kit is somewhat laughable. If you are who I think you are in game then all I can say is 'pot calling the kettle black' and 'those who live by the sword...'

As you said, this is a game. I say it is to be played for enjoyment. If we should meet in a cave and you try to PK me that is (in a small way) enjoyable. Exciting. Keeps me on my toes. I RT away. But then you come again, and again, and again. This is not enjoyable. Yes, I could fight you but you will win as a) you are geared up for it and b) I really don't enjoy that shit, you do. So I die, I drop and ultimately I quit. In whose interest is this?

I suspect I am talking to either a keyboard warrior or someone who has a vastly different set of values to my own, in either case I also suspect that if I were to type the words 'I quit' you would derive huge satisfaction from that. My only insult to you, if this is the case - you are broken inside, my friend.

(Sorry for invading the thread, I know this isn't exactly what is being discussed but posting here to keep things in one place) Made a load of notes on a rough idea I had around expanding walls. Sorry, I don't normally post my scraps but here goes:

It was essentially (x) castle could only be taken through PvE combat. The castle itself would be overrun every week on (x) day:

• Mobs spawn in castle war area
  • Mobs killed in area grant (x) points - scales by difficulty; champs/supers/subs/boss have increased points
  • War itself has tiers of difficulty/reward - if loads of mobs are dying quite quickly (implying there are a lot of players on the scene) > escalate to Tier 2, increase difficulty + spawns > Tier 3 up to Tier 5.
  • Player MUST be in a guild to accumulate points.
  • By (x) time (End timer) player(s) with most points adding up towards the guild accumulated total take control of the wall for 1 week.
  • Tier of difficulty scales with reward unlocks.

Tiered difficulty system works with lower level guilds / less active guilds so they at least have a chance at a wall. (Guild Level must be a minimum of (x))
Reward scaling works with players who have a well established guild but doesn't overshadow lower level guilds.
Map player drops disabled.

(rough)
Tier 1 Rewards
Small Gold Bonus to guild treasury + Access to Private Hunting Ground (Low-ish Mob Density / No Boss / No Subs / Low Champ/Super Spawn) + Reduced Special Repair Costs + Specialist Services(?)

Tier 2 Rewards
Medium Gold Bonus to guild treasury + Access to " " " (Medium Mob Density / No Boss / No Sub / Low-ish Champ/Super Spawn) + Reduced Spec " " " + Specialist " "

Tier 3 Rewards
Large Gold Bonus to guild treasury + Access to " " " (High Mob Density / No Boss / +Sub / Medium Champ/Super Spawn) + Reduced Spec " " + Specialist " " + Week-wide Buff(*)

Tier 4 Rewards
Very Large Gold Bonus to " " + Access to " " " (Very High Density / No Boss / +Sub / High Champ/Super Spawn) + Reduced Spec " " + Specialist " " + Week-wide Buff(*)

Tier 5 Rewards
Massive Gold Bonus to " " + Access to " " " (Massive Density / +Boss / +Subs / Great Champ/Super Spawn) + Reduced Spec " " + Specialist " " + Week-wide Buff (*)

(*) Week-wide Buff
XP Bonus / Damage Increase / PvP Damage Decrease / 1.5x Increase to Build Points or Demon Souls per kill / Pet Protection Amulet (able to die (x) times and pets don't die) / Similar Buffs as Guild shields.

(?) Specialist Services
An NPC that sells a specific consumable item that hunters can find useful. Subsidised costs on hunting supplies like Wild Potions, but capped stock with long restock duration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back