Crafting | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Crafting

I didn't do any crafting just Iding fresh drops. DarkStyle got successful upgrades to items that wouldn't have been possible pre-patch, which was the purpose of the update. I am finding it difficult to see if this is a tuning error or more to do with a learning curve of the new systems. That said, people were saying that iding fresh items was "broken" and that's something I can test quite easily. You guys are usually right but I didn't find anything, so maybe I am missing a piece of the puzzle

I didn't mean to cause any confusion, MF won't affect crafting but it will affect item drops

It's just the upgrade system. Seems results aren't really how one would expect, when using decent quality materials results are questionable.

I also don't know if intentional, but seems salvaging high lvl items like a 1 star 170 helm is jumping to 5 stars when salvaged. And salvaging 5 star items is some times boosting them to artefact.

While this helps us players, I think it's slightly over tuned.

I didn't do any crafting just Iding fresh drops. DarkStyle got successful upgrades to items that wouldn't have been possible pre-patch, which was the purpose of the update. I am finding it difficult to see if this is a tuning error or more to do with a learning curve of the new systems. That said, people were saying that iding fresh items was "broken" and that's something I can test quite easily. You guys are usually right but I didn't find anything, so maybe I am missing a piece of the puzzle

I didn't mean to cause any confusion, MF won't affect crafting but it will affect item drops

Hi Scorpion - sorry a few have asked me and I have asked some long time players who are unsure but

Magic Find - increases the chance of better stats when ID'ing? or increases chance of UI (Red Item) dropping? More have said it improves the chances of UI dropping? Can you clear this one up please

Thanks

It's just the upgrade system. Seems results aren't really how one would expect, when using decent quality materials results are questionable.

I also don't know if intentional, but seems salvaging high lvl items like a 1 star 170 helm is jumping to 5 stars when salvaged. And salvaging 5 star items is some times boosting them to artefact.

While this helps us players, I think it's slightly over tuned.

It's difficult to know whether it's the newer (post patch) des/ess having an effect on the final outcome or whether it's the scrolling that is causing issues to what otherwise might be a decent crafted item (which is what the patch release notes suggested (i.e. more successful crafting).

It was 60% 4 star or higher both times. Were any of you at the soft cap before? Ie in receipt of the Magic Find buff?

Okay scorp im getting really frustrated and upset at the way things have become with ID'ing, I do not understand what you mean youve tested it with several times twice and its worked perfectly fine??

I'm not gonna lie im fuming ive wasted so much money and so many good materials trying to ID from red to get consistantly 20 Unique/Superior items in a row, when before Epic was more common then a 1/2 star item.

and Crafting wow my experience so fail is either ive got fuk all luck or its gotten worse.

My biggest concern is the ID'ing from red.

Sorry to moan so hard but im losing interest fast in the server as this is one of the biggest features that defines this server from others.

Thanks.

Okay scorp im getting really frustrated and upset at the way things have become with ID'ing, I do not understand what you mean youve tested it with several times twice and its worked perfectly fine??

I'm not gonna lie im fuming ive wasted so much money and so many good materials trying to ID from red to get consistantly 20 Unique/Superior items in a row, when before Epic was more common then a 1/2 star item.

and Crafting wow my experience so fail is either ive got fuk all luck or its gotten worse.

My biggest concern is the ID'ing from red.

Sorry to moan so hard but im losing interest fast in the server as this is one of the biggest features that defines this server from others.

Thanks.

I have Literally Just spent 150GG on Crafting tools for my level 146 Eclipse armour that was Unique, I payed 75GG for Armour design which was exception 50% quality 0.49 slag
and a 50% quality essence 0.59 slag. I used a 900k Scroll and i just got the EXACT same item back? what is this about????????

I never used the words perfectly fine. What I did was test a pre-patch and a post-patch server, on both I got 100 red items drop and IDed them with a scroll of knowledge. The results were remarkably similar with over 60% of the results epic or greater.

It seems to me that this thread is clouded by crafting vs monster drops. Since the results of monster drops were not intentionally changed, that was more concerning. However it appears to me that your complaints regard crafted items, which we know was reformed in a way. Regardless of that reform, it is clear from your first post that you are not 100% aware of the old system, which fine, is a little mysterious anyway.

As for that final post you made - on those particular items, obviously I cannot see the full stats however I can understand why you may have had a poor result. I would speculate that you would have had a completely failed upgrade before the update.

Finally, please remember that you are not buying the crafting items from us, we do not sell them, you are trading them with other players.

Hi Scorpion - sorry a few have asked me and I have asked some long time players who are unsure but

Magic Find - increases the chance of better stats when ID'ing? or increases chance of UI (Red Item) dropping? More have said it improves the chances of UI dropping? Can you clear this one up please

Thanks

Magic find increase the chance of a uni item droped by boss/mob and when UI to be come high stat.

Similar issues is when crafting, using a legendary design & Essence then when I've ID'd the item its turned out to be Unique using the 900k scroll.

I know im new to arcadia, but it really does put me off doing any crafting espeically with ingame the value of the items needed.

On another note, patch notes said something about lower level items required, could you shed some light on how much of a level gap has been given between the crafting items and the item you want to upgrade ?

cheers in advance

I never used the words perfectly fine. What I did was test a pre-patch and a post-patch server, on both I got 100 red items drop and IDed them with a scroll of knowledge. The results were remarkably similar with over 60% of the results epic or greater.

It seems to me that this thread is clouded by crafting vs monster drops. Since the results of monster drops were not intentionally changed, that was more concerning. However it appears to me that your complaints regard crafted items, which we know was reformed in a way. Regardless of that reform, it is clear from your first post that you are not 100% aware of the old system, which fine, is a little mysterious anyway.

As for that final post you made - on those particular items, obviously I cannot see the full stats however I can understand why you may have had a poor result. I would speculate that you would have had a completely failed upgrade before the update.

Finally, please remember that you are not buying the crafting items from us, we do not sell them, you are trading them with other players.

Putting monster drops to one side as this thread was about crafting, Scorp are you confident that the crafting experience and results for players has improved after the patch. eg if I had a level 150 item and use a 5 star ess/des where the quality/purity are, say, 157 minimum with a fade/slag of less than 0.5% then results post-patch should be better than pre-patch?

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that I think the issue we're having lies with the scrolls/scrolling and not the des/ess. It's obvious that we are getting better salvaging results but is it possible that the scrolling is the weak link here? Correct me if I'm wrong but scrolling an Unidentified item that drops from a mob is different to scrolling a crafted item because sockets and mythic qualities are preserved on the crafted one for a start.

(I'm fully aware the crafting is not an exact science and that results do not always go the way you'd hope, but if the final results are consistently worse post-patch then that suggests an issue).

Maybe, just maybe...... crafting has got a whole lot easier like GM said, however you need to re think the way you craft and using old methods would work at all

The problem seems to be with crafting. Yes we can now upgrade items we couldn’t before BUT the upgrades aren’t actually working. These materials cost hundreds of gg. It’s the same problem we had 6 months ago. Use expensive materials and get no actual stats added to the items. I’m sure you fixed this problem like 6 months ago and it’s happened again

The problem seems to be with crafting. Yes we can now upgrade items we couldn’t before BUT the upgrades aren’t actually working. These materials cost hundreds of gg. It’s the same problem we had 6 months ago. Use expensive materials and get no actual stats added to the items. I’m sure you fixed this problem like 6 months ago and it’s happened again

So d'you think it's the crafting process or the final scrolling that is the problem (or a mixture of both? See my comments further up)

You say we “didn’t buy the materials from you” but we did however buy the gg with the sole intention of using the gg we bought from u to trade for upgrade materials. Just because you didn’t actually sell us the designs and essences we donated our money to buy designs and essences. It’s abit like buying a amazon gift voucher. Then buying products with the gift voucher and amazon saying well sorry we’re not responsible for ur parcel not being delivered because u actually bought it with a gift card that u bought from Tesco’s.

I just used an Artefact essence with a 5 star design on my HCHiogi and it came out "Exceptional" 5*.

Crafting is a gamble but surely that's not right? I thought your update stated crafting would be more predictable?

And it feels as tho we have to do the testing of the new craft system at a financial expense. We spent months even years learning the system for it to be changed and then we have to waste a load more money testing it and seeing if it even works.

You say we “didn’t buy the materials from you” but we did however buy the gg with the sole intention of using the gg we bought from u to trade for upgrade materials. Just because you didn’t actually sell us the designs and essences we donated our money to buy designs and essences. It’s abit like buying a amazon gift voucher. Then buying products with the gift voucher and amazon saying well sorry we’re not responsible for ur parcel not being delivered because u actually bought it with a gift card that u bought from Tesco’s.

It's really nothing alike, because amazon are selling those items in their store, we are not. Amazon also take the "credits" from that gift card, whereas we do not - you literally give them to someone else.
This is more like us selling you a packet of trading cards, you take them to school and trade them away then come complaining to the store because you were unhappy with the trade. You, the buyer are setting the value of these materials, not us.

Putting monster drops to one side as this thread was about crafting, Scorp are you confident that the crafting experience and results for players has improved after the patch. eg if I had a level 150 item and use a 5 star ess/des where the quality/purity are, say, 157 minimum with a fade/slag of less than 0.5% then results post-patch should be better than pre-patch?

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that I think the issue we're having lies with the scrolls/scrolling and not the des/ess. It's obvious that we are getting better salvaging results but is it possible that the scrolling is the weak link here? Correct me if I'm wrong but scrolling an Unidentified item that drops from a mob is different to scrolling a crafted item because sockets and mythic qualities are preserved on the crafted one for a start.

(I'm fully aware the crafting is not an exact science and that results do not always go the way you'd hope, but if the final results are consistently worse post-patch then that suggests an issue).

Like for like we are confident that crafting has improved, this was well tested before release. I would not say that the results should be better, but the upgrade will be successful more of the time. The materials you get from a salvage will be a higher "level" and they will be more successful at going red.

Put another way, nothing was taken away or changed from the old system other than failure rates.

I think people are expecting too much return for these fringe level upgrades, and although I still don't quite understand some things in this thread I believe it is the new "successful at a higher level system" that is throwing people off. The update was about getting a successful craft, not getting more added stats / stars

Edit: We are happy to continue to discuss this - the update was intended to make things more fun but clearly there is a problem. If it is not simply a teething problem then action must be taken. Thank you all

Last edited:
It's really nothing alike, because amazon are selling those items in their store, we are not. Amazon also take the "credits" from that gift card, whereas we do not - you literally give them to someone else.
This is more like us selling you a packet of trading cards, you take them to school and trade them away then come complaining to the store because you were unhappy with the trade. You, the buyer are setting the value of these materials, not us.

Like for like we are confident that crafting has improved, this was well tested before release. I would not say that the results should be better, but the upgrade will be successful more of the time. The materials you get from a salvage will be a higher "level" and they will be more successful at going red.

Put another way, nothing was taken away or changed from the old system other than failure rates.

I think people are expecting too much return for these fringe level upgrades, and although I still don't quite understand some things in this thread I believe it is the new "successful at a higher level system" that is throwing people off. The update was about getting a successful craft, not getting more added stats / stars

Edit: We are happy to continue to discuss this - the update was intended to make things more fun but clearly there is a problem. If it is not simply a teething problem then action must be taken. Thank you all

Thanks for taking the time to answer peoples questions.

I see your point about you not setting the price for essences and designs but you can see how much people are paying on these things and you know what the chances are of these working. You must be making a huge amount of money of crafting alone and you can see people aren't happy with the result. People are spending the equivalent to £50 for the right design and essence, artefact's 10 lvls above the item and getting a useless item in return. Not that it's giving lightning or something you don't want but its actually not giving anything to the item. There's a lot of things i'd rather be spending £50 on.

Also on the Facebook page you explained the resting exp is to get people to do things rather than kill monsters. Surely crafting is one of the main things you can do but it seams like a complete waste of time and money a lot of the time.

I think crafting would be a lot better if it wasn't so expensive to try, especially seeing as there is no guidance on how to do it. You need to learn yourself and with the help of others which eats all your GG up.

Each player will enjoy different aspects to the game and this is one that has potential to be a lot of fun but right now its a money trap which more often than not leaves you feeling disappointed.

So ur saying “oh well it’s going red my job is done” the items are going red but getting no added stats when opened. Completely defeating the object of what u tryed to achieve we as players are still in the same boat except we now have to pay for failed attempts.

We now have opportunity to make our items red and go red but not actually gain any stats. It’s not right. U basically just said “ be glad the items are going red we don’t care if the upgrade don’t work” ur also insinuating that just because they are “fringe upgrades” that it’s likely they will go red but not gain any stats?

Both of our examples are not very good.
After some more time to think i will basically compare u to a casino. U sell the chips and let people play ur tables with the chips. We don’t want to play casino. We want to play Mir.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve spent 3-4K gg on 5 upgrades for a evil Mir wep since ur changes. Not one upgrade gained more than 2% of added stats because YOU said they would work now. I would have preferred you to leave it as it was so I could have saved my gg. Now massively out of pocket to “test” the new system.

Thanks for taking the time to answer peoples questions.

I see your point about you not setting the price for essences and designs but you can see how much people are paying on these things and you know what the chances are of these working. You must be making a huge amount of money of crafting alone and you can see people aren't happy with the result. People are spending the equivalent to £50 for the right design and essence, artefact's 10 lvls above the item and getting a useless item in return. Not that it's giving lightning or something you don't want but its actually not giving anything to the item. There's a lot of things i'd rather be spending £50 on.

Also on the Facebook page you explained the resting exp is to get people to do things rather than kill monsters. Surely crafting is one of the main things you can do but it seams like a complete waste of time and money a lot of the time.

I think crafting would be a lot better if it wasn't so expensive to try, especially seeing as there is no guidance on how to do it. You need to learn yourself and with the help of others which eats all your GG up.

Each player will enjoy different aspects to the game and this is one that has potential to be a lot of fun but right now its a money trap which more often than not leaves you feeling disappointed.

Agree there on the whole. It was never really intended to create such a market, it was for people to trash their excess items and have a go at improving what they have. And 6 years ago I suppose that's what is was. The market is buyer driven, if you don't want to pay the price for the ingredient then don't give the seller the option, and simply don't buy it. Spend your money on something else as you say.

ps. Where you say someone "used Artefacts 10 levels above the item" but didn't get a return on the upgrade? I will try look into it, as that should almost certainly be a success story

Last edited:
Back