Why do no tao items have dc? | The Legend of Mir

Why do no tao items have dc?

prasko

Title pretty much asks it all.

Why do no tao items have dc locking us to the most expensive gear in the game? Cele Ely, etc...

Even at 195, no dc.

I'm quite confused, are you complaining that tao items don't have DC? or that Cele ely do have DC and you dislike it?

The reason for this is, if an item is for a certain class it will be much easier to upgrade, in the past you could upgrade a brace for your warr and could get SC/MC with SA MA which was frustrating as it made upgrading harder, Currently upgrading items now is a lot easier than before.

Ok little Tao history lesson
Back when Mir was introduced the Tao class was a semi melee skilled class it used DC and accuracy to aid its attacks and give Skelly attack boosts MC also Boosted Shinsu
The evolution of the Tao over the years has moved away from heavy DC and more to SC as spells and damage now come 99% of ranged attacks and The SC multiple s boost all pets now
Back in the day was deadly combo of muscle ring Heavy Armour and DragonSlayer on a Tao your skelly hit like a train all you had to do is heal your skelly and shroud yourself to kill most everything ingame …..
DC still helps today but it’s not as significant as it once was , I still max orb DC and MC on my kit out of Habit aswell as accuracy but haven’t ever used a melee attack skill in years hehe 😛
Agility however still a very useful addition but really a Tao should be mobile always on the move and not take physical hits from mobs
As I don’t PvP I find agility useful. To get out of those tight scraps or when repulsing mobs away as damage mitigation exercise or those Taos who like Devils Vision tend to stack high agility……
Why don’t new kit have high DC I suspect as it’s not the damage multiplier anymore SC and SA are now and Scorps path for the Tao in future is more magic based range damage ..,

Arcadia is built on from old P69 files, on P69 Taos were melee class for a long time, until TDB was added and then we were forced to adapt and change to caster.

Melee Tao was a lot of fun but I don't see it ever working with the way the game is now.

P69 files were built on Ruby and Crystal etc from eruro 2000 source files that were made available free after its demise as Tao class was a founding class all the logic definitions would naturally be in place but changed etc as suits or fits the requirements of the new development team over time ..,

Arcadia is built on from old P69 files, on P69 Taos were melee class for a long time, until TDB was added and then we were forced to adapt and change to caster.

Melee Tao was a lot of fun but I don't see it ever working with the way the game is now.
1v1 ref

My Tao Half Moon skill is like lvl 0 due to us moving from melee to ranged from the times of Euro mir :)

Don't man. I spent a vast amount of my early teens in there, I miss those days I don't think there will ever be a gaming experience like it again, good times.

Apart from being unjustly de-levelled 10 levels on Tao/War still haven't forgotten that lol.

Back