Runes | Page 2 | The Legend of Mir

Runes

I would say its too late for that.

You cant have people with something that gives them an advantage and stop (or otherwise slow down / obstruct) others from being able to get the same thing.

I officially seen my second xs magic crystal drop that wasn’t on noob island. Was on a guild hunt. Only took 5 months. :D

This debate has been going on for a while now on various threads
I see it like this
Runes and sockets are made for using at any level however the more you play the more you level the quicker your items become obsilete thus you sell them on to a newer player or alt or hand them down via your guild to help someone else out .
The problem comes with expectations .... If your a high level hunting a harder boss or mob range you tend to expect them to drop a larger version of said rune this does not happen so you feel peed off etc.
There has to a be a balance point which I believe Scorps has missed the mark on ....

1)Cost of socketing should be according to item level not just a fixed sum per socket depending on item type Helm Ring etc .
This would allow new players to use sockets to enhance their gear cheaper and try builds as they progress in lvls with out so much wasted expense and be a route for all the XS runes and chips etc that drop .

2)Runes and Chips should be more balance in drops and size according to cave level to a point .
Not saying every time but least improve the rate and rune size as per boss level .

3)Rune and chip Exchange NPC . trade your rune for 1 you want plus a gold fee .
This would help with the gold sink in game and those players who like to speculate on the AH may find a new avenue ......

4)Larger Rune Size
When XL came out I thought it would be SA1.5 MC15 etc but alas not, I sort of know why this did not happen as it would have annoyed everyone that had spent time money on socketing a L , what Scorps has done is add the stats to newer item sets each time e.g. poison resist from Centipede thus runes are seen as an enhancement not a must therefore XXL runes may never appear.
5) Blended Runes
Take runes e.g. SC10 *2 SA1.0 makes a SC10 SA0.5 I suspect this has not happened as per reasons stated in above (4)

6)Socketed Amulets
Add 2 socket spaces to amulets these sockets could be only for Defence based Runes like posion resist ice resist etc , just think of all the cold spear tips etc just left on the ground ........ plus would make use of the quested crap that you out level ..... Fire Gems etc

Just a few thoughts
Peace and Kebabs

aye was just trying to think of some wasted rune fragments as an example....
Completely agree.

what about the truly wasted ones that no ones uses, crit hit, ignore def hp recovery

this has been mentioned before, make them better to make them useable on top end kit, diverse kit build will add another element of interest

That would be super, because of recent shadow nerfs, and a lack of economy has literally murdered my ability to make gold to purchase any sort of upgrades or eve repair my kit. Having to use what little GG i have left on durability pots and when thats out and when what little gold i have left runs dry, its pretty much game over for me. It costs roughly 20 mil to repair my kit, and I cannot generate that amount of gold every 2 to 3 days needed to do so.

I’m sure the rich people with multiple toon stalls in arcadia will come in here and tell me I’m doing things wrong and the economy of the game is fine, but its not. People aren’t buying anything. I take that back, theyre buying ONE thing, and it is literally my ONLY source of income atm, but even with that it only generates 1 or 2 mil a day. Not enough to repair or buy dura pots.

Not much that I can say. I think everyone here has pretty valid points and it all depends where you are in the game.

The primary issue is that with this kind of resource, if it is ever perfectly balanced one day, then due to the nature of constant updates it becomes unbalanced the next. One reason is that the game expands so add two more bosses; do you reduce the rates or accept that more will drop? reducing the rates is annoying for most but at the same time flooding the market is also pointless and reduces the economy.

There's ideas and options to resolve these issues but that causes a stir and no guarantee it would actually be "better".

Is there any way to reevaluate repair costs? I know its a big ask but repairing my full kit at 20-22.5mil every three days is a painful task when I’m trying to save up to get my next tier of armor.

Not much that I can say. I think everyone here has pretty valid points and it all depends where you are in the game.

The primary issue is that with this kind of resource, if it is ever perfectly balanced one day, then due to the nature of constant updates it becomes unbalanced the next. One reason is that the game expands so add two more bosses; do you reduce the rates or accept that more will drop? reducing the rates is annoying for most but at the same time flooding the market is also pointless and reduces the economy.

There's ideas and options to resolve these issues but that causes a stir and no guarantee it would actually be "better".
Thank you for replying Scorp, knowing that you are still active is very welcome!

Not so sure I agree with your comment 'depends where you are in game'. I think the general feedback from both new and older players is that runes are not dropping enough.

Personally, I have no problems with the introduction of XS runes, it just means you need more of them to get to XL. However, if they are not dropping then, as others have stated, you are looking at months just to make 1 rune. Surely this is not 'as intended'...

Is there any way to reevaluate repair costs? I know its a big ask but repairing my full kit at 20-22.5mil every three days is a painful task when I’m trying to save up to get my next tier of armor.
20 mill at 12gg per bar will get you 24gg, buy 12 hours worth of dura pots

And that leaves me scraping by enough just to level and do nothing else.

The entire purpose of mmo's like this is carrot/stick.

At the moment I have zero carrot. Nothing is selling for GG. So I cant buy level appropriate gear/books, and what little gold I make scrapes me by just enough to repair gear.

If there's no carrot, and no possibility of getting one, why carry on?

I'm currently leveling toons I have gear waiting on me in storage, but once that's done I have zero reason to play. Boss drops are horrendous, and the economy outside of 160+gear is dead as a doornail.

-edit-

people aren't asking for free items, just the possiblity of gear dropping off bosses. I've killed 300+ bile demons trying for gear and its been benes and fine grinding oils.

Last edited:
And that leaves me scraping by enough just to level and do nothing else.

The entire purpose of mmo's like this is carrot/stick.

At the moment I have zero carrot. Nothing is selling for GG. So I cant buy level appropriate gear/books, and what little gold I make scrapes me by just enough to repair gear.

If there's no carrot, and no possibility of getting one, why carry on?

I'm currently leveling toons I have gear waiting on me in storage, but once that's done I have zero reason to play. Boss drops are horrendous, and the economy outside of 160+gear is dead as a doornail.

-edit-

people aren't asking for free items, just the possiblity of gear dropping off bosses. I've killed 300+ bile demons trying for gear and its been benes and fine grinding oils.

The carrot/stick analogy is perfect, the only carrot that exists is purely a person's will to compete and keep up with the Jones's. The road to get there is via a weekly gamegold donation to buy the potions/gear.

Keep in mine, the best drop i’ve had, outside noob island event, is a damaged fury rune. That‘s with having a subscription since I started playing back in sept.

My sub runs out on the 16th, and if drops are this bad with one, i can’t imagine what it’s going to be like without one.

Making runes drop more often may well decrease the value. However people are always building something. The best feature on Arcadia is the upgrade system and socketing. Problem being both are extremely costly. 500gg a health rune for the past couple of years. That's 2500 GG for 5, or in real cash terms £175.97.

Sure the cost is controlled by players to a certain degree. But supply and demand ultimately dictates the value.

Currently require 12 hp XL to update wiz kit, that's potentially going to cost 6k GG or £400.

From someone who doesn't actually mind donating and spending money the fact remains 300 hp is not worth £43.98.

Sure if you camp every nub boss, like currently level 195's camping iku you might manage to make a couple.

Short term solution is to introduce a shop/game shop which sets the price of runes, increases supply but ultimately becomes pay to win.

The rune demand used to be covered by events. When you could often get a good store character filled with all XL/L runes. The market would die for a couple of months then recover. That high influx of runes no longer happens. Drops are low and casual players don't really have much chance of hunting what they need.

Rune and crystal drops are trash across the board tbh. Harder to get then the items youre putting them on.

Rune and crystal drops are trash across the board tbh. Harder to get then the items youre putting them on.
Wouldnt be any fun in the game if they were common or easier to obtain tbh, and then they would lose their great value

Back