Feature Request - Runes tool removal | The Legend of Mir

Feature Request Runes tool removal

vexus

I think now u need to add this tool agin in game need to add some (E) runes on kit agin i hope can see it bk was a good idea from my long time ago need it bk agin, if u can make it lvl 170 will be more good for us ty and i appreciate your hard work.

@Scorpian
@Warda

i too would like to see it back, but def not for lvl 170, ppl would just rip runes out of mid ranged gear and make it harder for newer players to catch up imo.

180 seems fair.

Like i said before, maybe add to the drop files at uber rare rate like dragon evo stone or in event drops

Should be able to remove XL Runes and Max PA etc etc on anything over 160 imo. Could make a crafting tool where Mining becomes useful. Platinum Ore P15 above, Gold Ore P15 and maybe a combination or Small runes that are just flogged in shop and make something's useful and obviously a pretty good chunk of Gold.. I'd make it a chew to do, but definitely possible or maybe as above and a fee of GG or something. Just an idea.

As someone who got to 180 shortly after the removal tool introduction I would like to point out there was plenty of fully runed 180 gear for sale in ah for a reasonable price before the removal tool, since then and still now there is zero, not just reasonably priced there is none, period.

For anyone trying to kit up its made it a lot more difficult, i feel its better to stay below 180 now.

Problem is lack of runes and how incredibly rare they have now become since the introduction of both xs and (E). To reintroduce the extraction tool will only take away readily available gear for up and comers.

A little bit off topic here. Based on what I'm seeing on the server lately there is not many new players joining. Lower end of the server is dead and Market has gone with it.. Server is in recession nothing at lower end of the server is worth anything, even Holy Crystal is being sold in shops, GM needs to do something with new players, maybe give them spells etc as I believe this is probably why most of them jog on fairly quickly. Server seems very quiet atm so on this basis allowing extraction won't make a difference to lower levels as there soon won't be any.

I'm still in the camp of, if not for all, then not at all.

The same crap that was said before of, the market will collapse, is being said now, and the market not only did not collapse, prices doubled and tripled.

Instead of bringing the tool back, maybe review runes and crystal drops instead.

"The server is going to die any minute now" is something people have been saying continuously for the entire 5 (or 6? Can't even remember) years that I've been playing here.

The server and economy is better now than it was then, if anything I'm more confident of the longevity than I would have been if you asked me 4 years ago

Stop being so dramatic, nothing is collapsing or dying and there's plenty of new players, you just don't necessarily see them because you're blinkered on your own personal goals

Even dropping the repair cost of lower level kit would be a handy start, have you ever checked the cost of repairing grand items ? I know they’re “rare” but goodness me, they are also “junk”

Why bother no one takes notice to any comments anyway. All I notice is Runes are a fortune and server is quiet and nothing below 150 is selling, I sold loads Mythics to shop as you can't give them away - ( example 9.9% Dark, on a ShihouBrace with Survive Mythic) low level item but decent and I couldn't even sell it, I feel it's to good to sell to shop, yet when I started this was a GG item, maybe only low GG but GG nonetheless. I've now just decided to shot in store and max it out and I'll pass to a low level brother when he requires it, hopefully he sticks around because getting spells and Gold repairs for his kit is difficult, without me funding him he would of walked a week after the event.

"The server is going to die any minute now" is something people have been saying continuously for the entire 5 (or 6? Can't even remember) years that I've been playing here.

The server and economy is better now than it was then, if anything I'm more confident of the longevity than I would have been if you asked me 4 years ago

Stop being so dramatic, nothing is collapsing or dying and there's plenty of new players, you just don't necessarily see them because you're blinkered on your own personal goals
I would assume when your running around in your kit killing everything top end your Blinkers will be exactly the same in regards to sub 180 shizz

I would assume when your running around in your kit killing everything top end your Blinkers will be exactly the same in regards to sub 180 shizz
You assume wrong. I have many characters all throughout the level ranges, I just don't advertise the names of most of them. I only spend gg on my top characters, the rest I play 'the hard way' and still do just fine.

Why bother no one takes notice to any comments anyway. All I notice is Runes are a fortune and server is quiet and nothing below 150 is selling, I sold loads Mythics to shop as you can't give them away - ( example 9.9% Dark, on a ShihouBrace with Survive Mythic) low level item but decent and I couldn't even sell it, I feel it's to good to sell to shop, yet when I started this was a GG item, maybe only low GG but GG nonetheless. I've now just decided to shot in store and max it out and I'll pass to a low level brother when he requires it, hopefully he sticks around because getting spells and Gold repairs for his kit is difficult, without me funding him he would of walked a week after the event.

If you think of Scorpian and Wardas time as an investment currency and think of the investment opportunities they are facing you might get your head around why things happen the way they do.

End game players = safe investment with a guaranteed return because less likely to leave the server due to their own time and money invested

New players = volatile investment. No guarantees that any player will even join and if one does then certainly less likely that they will stick around and become an end game player.

Scorpian & Warda‘s working time on this game is extremely limited, if it were you, which group would you most focus on?

If you think of Scorpian and Wardas time as an investment currency and think of the investment opportunities they are facing you might get your head around why things happen the way they do.

End game players = safe investment with a guaranteed return because less likely to leave the server due to their own time and money invested

New players = volatile investment. No guarantees that any player will even join and if one does then certainly less likely that they will stick around and become an end game player.

Scorpian & Warda‘s working time on this game is extremely limited, if it were you, which group would you most focus on?
Yea this makes sense.

This is a community game, end game players need fresh blood to keep them invested.

Gaining new players is very important to GM,s I recall two big advertising campaigns in my time for this very reason.

Plus warda ran a guild for a time nurturing new starts and there was the noob island.

This is a community game, end game players need fresh blood to keep them invested.

Gaining new players is very important to GM,s I recall two big advertising campaigns in my time for this very reason.

Plus warda ran a guild for a time nurturing new starts and there was the noob island.

Yeah I still see new players going about their business and it’s good to see.

I just mean in terms of time invested at end game or rewriting the start.

Skull island was really good I’d like to know how many people that brought back to the game and retained afterwards.

Skull island was really good I’d like to know how many people that brought back to the game and retained afterwards.
Ermmm most of the original 420 and ganjaprenuers were skull island people. About 80% of them were.

I joined Sept of 22.

We've retained 8 or 9 of them.

I can say with 100% certainty that if it weren't for skull island, I would not have two 190 plus toons and wouldn't haven't invested my time and effort into this game as heavily as I have.

Ermmm most of the original 420 and ganjaprenuers were skull island people. About 80% of them were.

I joined Sept of 22.

We've retained 8 or 9 of them.

I can say with 100% certainty that if it weren't for skull island, I would not have two 190 plus toons and wouldn't haven't invested my time and effort into this game as heavily as I have.
If it weren't for Skull Island I wouldnt even have a lvl 197 warr on arcadia or any high level chars pretty much,
Skull island is the only thing that got me back playing arcadia again, if it weren't for skull island i'd still be playing p69 :)

Regarding Rune Removal Tool I did a poll a while ago on this, and most people voted in favour of it getting removed permanently if i can recall correctly

Back