Feature Request - Runes - Ideas on how to make them viable 188 and beyond .... | The Legend of Mir

Feature Request Runes - Ideas on how to make them viable 188 and beyond ....

Gritt

Couple of ideas here . food for thought .....

How about combining 3 large SC , MC or DC for SC 15 MC 15 DC 15
2 Large SC , MC or DC and 1 SA , MA, PA , for SC10 SA 1% etc
3 SA 1,0 MA or PA for SA , MA, PA 1,5 %
There a few other combinations but this is the basic gist of the idea ....
Makes these runes lvl 185 plus to socket

Also a NPC who removes the Rune from a garment / item for a cost or a quest orientated collectable fee to make a 1 off 1 slot removal tool , often people make wrong choices or skills change requiring different specs etc or you see an item for sale but the runes put you off buying it , dont want to deflate the market in these but maybe NPC could be part of a Castles income like Sabuk or combined with the scaling suggestion above would keep the market boyant for such a NPC or quest tool ....

Being able to remove sockets from items would only work if the socket is destroyed, so it would only be a means of changing what is on the item, not a means of obtaining crystals. Otherwise it would decimate the market for low level players who rely on kit that was made years ago and would never be able to afford to make similar kit now

Thanks for the suggestions. Though the socket removal idea has propped up a few times and I'm not a fan of the idea personally. Interesting concept though with the level-marked runes.

This is something I have been wondering more and more to be honest. The sockets were added, like 8 years ago? Their effectiveness / power ratio is relatively reduced on high level items and there is demand for this type of effort to reward upgrade.

I don't think a single socket extraction is viable (due to the way the system is coded) but maybe an extract all type Mythic Extractor tool. Could work if smaller rune fragment drops were also increased

personally i don't think extraction should be considered at all.

Just add 1% to 2% stones if u combine 3 to make a 3% (DD ICE FIRE HOLY)
DC MC SC - 3 L make an XL (adding 15)
1% - 3 combined to make 1.5%

This would cause a huge cascade of nice items down to lower levels for sure.

One or 2 people will moan for sure, but for the greater good of the server long term i think something like this would be very good

I've supported extracting in the past, but after starting the server again it is quite useful to pick up half decent items with runes for a decent price.

I've supported extracting in the past, but after starting the server again it is quite useful to pick up half decent items with runes for a decent price.

It's a difficult topic, runed items are now selling for less than the cost of the runes themsleves because so little is selling in AH so can see from both views.

Not having an extracting tool helps up and comers but frustrates those higher up, higher ups get frustratewd that it takes an eternity to collect runes so cant really grow new kit without having the runes...

Its a shame there isn't am middle ground but dont know what to suggest.

It's a difficult topic, runed items are now selling for less than the cost of the runes themsleves because so little is selling in AH so can see from both views.

Not having an extracting tool helps up and comers but frustrates those higher up, higher ups get frustratewd that it takes an eternity to collect runes so cant really grow new kit without having the runes...

Its a shame there isn't am middle ground but dont know what to suggest.

I've been on both sides of the spectrum mate. High lvl looking at runes in crap gear, and now low level buying crap gear with good upgrades and runes.

It is better that it stays in the gear really.. the items being cheaper for newer players is surely a better outcome than an item being destroyed for a high end players impatience and greed.

Back