Resting experience bonus | The Legend of Mir

Resting experience bonus

yisc

Newby
Hi guys, I am fairly new. What is resting experience bonus? How can I receive those exp?

Thank you!

Hi guys, I am fairly new. What is resting experience bonus? How can I receive those exp?

Thank you!

You get resting exp by doing nothing!

That's literally it, it's designed to make the task harder for serious power levellers who won't get any resting exp, which keeps the field a bit more even.

Spend some time not levelling, and over the course of days/weeks your resting exp will go up. When you kill things and gain exp, it goes down. As long as it's above 0 you will get a big exp bonus.

The exp bonus is dependant on your level, at 150+ it's +100%, at lower levels I think it caps at +400%

so I should not kill too many monsters to level up since resting bonus will go down right? Do I gain experience by doing nothing? Like doing quests and standing in town?

so I should not kill too many monsters to level up since resting bonus will go down right?
That's not what I said at all, why would you not want to kill monsters?

Do I gain experience by doing nothing? Like doing quests and standing in town?
Doing quests is not doing nothing, that's doing quests, they have the exp rewards clearly stated on them
Standing in town does not get you any exp, why would it?

didnt think it was that hard to get your head around . You get increased EXP from mobs u kill for X amount of experience until you use up all of ur resting exp. to get resting exp just sit in bw overnight .

didnt think it was that hard to get your head around . You get increased EXP from mobs u kill for X amount of experience until you use up all of ur resting exp. to get resting exp just sit in bw overnight .

I think he's overthinking it lol

Yeh isn't your resting exp Sumin like 3.7bill exp ! Don't reckon that many ppl rattle all that in a day lol

Thank you!

Hello, and welcome.

Here is a little more information on the Resting XP Bonus - [Click Here - Resting Experience Bonus]

I'll outline the fundamental aspect of resting XP bonus.

This system allows players who remain idle for a period of time to accumulate a 'pot' of experience points that will store itself as a resting bonus.
The bonus will increase the longer a player remains idle - this can be activated by being logged out of the game or from generally standing in the town's safe zones. It doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't hunt when you don't have a bonus, it just means it will be a little slower when you don't have it. Basically the system encourages players to take healthy breaks in between long hauls by compensating for the loss of time by increasing the amount of experience earned after a break, but also aids other players who sometimes spend their free time doing other things or supporting the community instead of just heavy levelling.

Your character level will determine how many points of experience your pool can store over time, and will also contribute to what % of bonus output you will receive.

For example (sorry I don't have the exact figures in front of me):

Your character is level 70.
You've just been levelling without any resting xp, then you decide to go afk in the safe zone while you have your dinner for an hour.
You come back and notice a buff icon appear: "Resting Experience Bonus" giving you, let's say 14,000,000 amount of experience points with a 400% experience rate increase.

Basically, what this means is that every monster you kill will give you 400% more experience from it when you kill it (so instead of say '10,000' per kill, you will start getting '50,000' per kill). But this will only allow you to receive 400% bonus experience up until you achieved the equivalent of 14,000,000 experience points emptying your resting experience pool (in this example).

So from a mathematical point of view:
Monster (x) gives you 10,000 per kill.
Normally you would need to kill 1,400 monsters to have achieved 14,000,000 experience points.
With the resting bonus experience, you will have only needed to kill 280 monsters to have achieved 14,000,000 experience points, after the pool has depleted, the experience you receive from that monster will return to 10,000 per kill.

Your resting experience bonus will stack with any other experience enhancers too such as Broths, Soups etc.

Back